$10,000 BU Playing-Ability-Exam Challenge

paolo2144

Registered
Here is a link to a fairly recent match where she beat Jasmin Ouschan in Chinese pool world championship (8 ball match).

While i am not sure this is an official Chinese 8 ball tournament as such, the pockets definitely look tighter than a regular diamond Pool table.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is a link to a fairly recent match where she beat Jasmin Ouschan in Chinese pool world championship (8 ball match).

While i am not sure this is an official Chinese 8 ball tournament as such, the pockets definitely look tighter than a regular diamond Pool table.

Thanks for posting that. I hadn't seen it.

That's strong ... taking down Jasmin. She can definitely play.

Regards,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, we finally got a 2nd Exam III Junior Division entry. Hopefully, we will get many more. Scores and videos for all entries to date are here if you want to check them out.

Again, please encourage any junior players you might know to enter both the Exam I and Exam III divisions.

Thanks,
Dave

The Billiard University (BU) just announced a new challenge open through the end of August, 2020. You have a chance to win lots of money in this "virtual" video-based tournament, where there are no travel costs or entry fees ... only prize money! The BU is offering $10,000 total with a possible top prize of $5000. There is an open division for top players and a junior division for younger players. There is also a lottery division, where anybody can win money, regardless of their playing performance. The BU wants everybody to participate and benefit from this challenge, so please help spread the word. Have fun, and good luck winning some cash!

Here's the challenge website:
And here's a video introduction.

I look forward to seeing lots of AZB user participation. I plan to start practicing and posting soon myself.

Good luck,
Dave

paolo2144

Registered
Thanks for posting that. I hadn't seen it.

That's strong ... taking down Jasmin. She can definitely play.

Regards,
Dave

Hi Dave,

Here is another video of a fairly recent match with the great Siming Chen, again Margaret really gives her a tough game pushing her all the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaKFd1KaGRA

If you look at how much Margaret has improved say to 2 years ago there is a big difference and she has a really solid all round game and great basics.

I love your videos Dr Dave and have spent lockdown watching dozens of them, some of which have helped me big time.:smile:

Last edited:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi Dave,

Here is another video of a fairly recent match with the great Siming Chen, again Margaret really gives her a tough game pushing her all the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaKFd1KaGRA

If you look at how much Margaret has improved say to 2 years ago there is a big difference and she has a really solid all round game and great basics.
Thanks for posting that. She has really improved. I’m pulling for her to win the BU Exam Challenge. She deserves it.

I love your videos Dr Dave and have spent lockdown watching dozens of them, some of which have helped me big time.:smile:
I’m glad to hear it.

Good luck with your game,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
ONLY 30 DAYS LEFT. Get your free entry in now!!!

the Billiard University (BU) just announced a New Challenge open through the end of August, 2020. You have a chance to win lots of money in this "virtual" video-based tournament, where there are no travel costs or entry fees ... Only prize money! The BU is offering $10,000 total with a possible Top Prize of $5000. There is an Open Division for top players and a Junior Division for younger players. There is also a Lottery Division, where anybody can win money, regardless of their playing performance. The BU wants everybody to participate and benefit from this Challenge, so please help spread the word. Have fun, and good luck winning some cash!

Here's the Challenge website:
and here's a video introduction.

Last edited:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
ONLY 30 DAYS LEFT. Get your free entry in now!!!

the Billiard University (BU) just announced a New Challenge open through the end of August, 2020. You have a chance to win lots of money in this "virtual" video-based tournament, where there are no travel costs or entry fees ... Only prize money! The BU is offering $10,000 total with a possible Top Prize of $5000. There is an Open Division for top players and a Junior Division for younger players. There is also a Lottery Division, where anybody can win money, regardless of their playing performance. The BU wants everybody to participate and benefit from this Challenge, so please help spread the word. Have fun, and good luck winning some cash!

Remember, any score (even really low) in the Exam I Lottery Division gives you a free chance at $500!!!

Good luck,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, German pro Tobias Bongers just posted a 97 in Exam I. Wow! Check it out:

Tobias Bongers 97 in BU Exam I

I doubt anybody will beat this. This is the highest score ever achieved on BU Exam I.

His only misses were the 7-ball and 9-ball in the Wagon Wheel drill and the middle position in the Target Drill. Very impressive!

Enjoy,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
LESS THAN TWO WEEKS LEFT. Get your free entry in now!!!

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
We've gotten 38 entries to date. All the names, scores, and videos can be viewed here:

Here are the videos for the top scores to date on Exam I:

And here's the video for the top score to date on Exam III:

Enjoy,
Dave

The Billiard University (BU) just announced a new challenge open through the end of August, 2020. You have a chance to win lots of money in this "virtual" video-based tournament, where there are no travel costs or entry fees ... only prize money! The BU is offering $10,000 total with a possible top prize of $5000. There is an open division for top players and a junior division for younger players. There is also a lottery division, where anybody can win money, regardless of their playing performance. The BU wants everybody to participate and benefit from this challenge, so please help spread the word. Have fun, and good luck winning some cash!

I look forward to seeing lots of AZB user participation. I plan to start practicing and posting soon myself.

Good luck,
Dave

PS: Official entries are due by August 31, 2020.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
We've gotten 38 entries to date. All the names, scores, and videos can be viewed here:

Here are the videos for the top scores to date on Exam I:

And here's the video for the top score to date on Exam III:

Enjoy,
Dave
If you guys want to know how difficult it is to achieve such a high score (97) on BU Exam I, watch Tobias' reaction after the last shot in his video. I wish audio was included; but even without the audio, it is clear how hard he worked to achieve this feat.

Enjoy,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Only 4 DAYS left to enter!!!

Good luck,
Dave

Last edited:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Only 1 day left to enter!

Remember, it doesn't cost anything to enter and you get a free chance at $500 (in the Lottery Division), even if you don't score well.

Good luck,
Dave

The Billiard University (BU) just announced a new challenge open through the end of August, 2020. You have a chance to win lots of money in this "virtual" video-based tournament, where there are no travel costs or entry fees ... only prize money! The BU is offering $10,000 total with a possible top prize of $5000. There is an Open Division for top players and a Junior Division for younger players. There is also a Lottery Division, where anybody can win money, regardless of their playing performance. The BU wants everybody to participate and benefit from this challenge, so please help spread the word. Have fun, and good luck winning some cash!

Good luck,
Dave

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello. I actually lost data of videos i did shoot(like 60+ exam III) earlier. :mad:
I was so pissed about that i stopped practicing for while... :frown:
I noticed i have not posted anything to exam 1 and found one video from May. Uploading it now. dunno what score i have there. probably 80+ something.
gotta count after upload finishes. :) :smile:

I edit link on this post later.

link to video https://youtu.be/5JOL5K15mxA

Edit also 86 counted from vid

Last edited:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello. I actually lost data of videos i did shoot(like 60+ exam III) earlier. :mad:
I was looking forward to seeing that. It probably would have sealed a spot for you in the top three.

I noticed i have not posted anything to exam 1 and found one video from May. Uploading it now. dunno what score i have there. probably 80+ something.
gotta count after upload finishes. :) :smile:

I edit link on this post later.

link to video https://youtu.be/5JOL5K15mxA

Edit also 86 counted from vid
I just added you to the results section of the webpage. Good shooting.

Thank you for participating, and good luck in the Lottery Draw,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
We got a lot of entries in today, including a few Junior entries. If you guys want to see the latest standings, the scores and videos are here:

$10,000 Billiard University (BU) Exam Challenge

If anybody else still wants to enter the Lottery Draw for a free chance at $500, videos must be posted and be viewable by midnight (MDT) tonight.

Good luck,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
HERE ARE THE FINAL RESULTS OF THE $10,000 Billiard University (BU) Exam Challenge

NOTE - All other scores and videos are available on the final results page of the website.

Exam I – Fundamentals

96-100 ($2500 split, $1000 bonus for 1st, $1500 bonus for 100):
1 ($2250 = $1250 + $1000) - Tobias Bongers - 97 - video
2 ($1250) - Margaret Fefilova - 96 - video

90-95 ($2000 split):
1 ($500) - Lee Cooper - 95 - video
2 ($500) - Fialho Batalha - 92 - video
3 ($500) - Theis Magle - 91 - video
4 ($500) - Dr. Dave Alciatore - 90 - video

Lottery Draw ($500):
Stephane Lapointe (from live Facebook video):

Exam III – Advanced Shots

Open ($1000 bonus for 100):
1 ($500) Tobias Bongers - 72 - video
2 ($300) Dr. Dave Alciatore - 58 - video
3 ($100) PoolManis - 57 - video

Juniors (18 and under):
1 ($300) Jayden Goemann - 52 - video
2 ($200) Sam Henderson - 45 - video
3 ($100) Owen Pinkerton - 42 - video

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WINNERS!!!

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
What about someone else spotting the balls?

I know for something like spot shots I shoot much better having someone spot it, or for free throws.

Ever think about instituting a you have to spot your own shots rule?