Concern for OB shafts if OB closes

ky4some

Registered
I've heard that OB is closing it's doors. Would this give you any concern about purchasing a new OB shaft. Considering an OB Classic + or maybe the one with the wood ferrule for my Espiritu with steel joint. Any input on this is appreciated.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've heard that OB is closing it's doors. Would this give you any concern about purchasing a new OB shaft. Considering an OB Classic + or maybe the one with the wood ferrule for my Espiritu with steel joint. Any input on this is appreciated.
Of course. A lifetime guarantee is worth significant $$ to me. I was wondering if OB was going to be able to survive the pandemic given all the problems they had leading up to the pandemic. The thing you heard, was that possibly dated info about their past problems?

Last edited:

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it was me my only concern would be
that as of the last few years since Royce
passed the quality is lacking and you might
have warranty issues.
An older ob-1 with a wood ferrule used and
in good condition, I wouldn't sweat it.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First i've heard this. AFAIK they're doing ok right now.

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they might close, full price no. Half price maybe. It's a cue shaft, not a new truck.