Old dog learning new tricks

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was practising the other day. In particular long shots with the white under the rail, which is one of those I hate in particular...

A good player, whom I respect, commented

"shorten your back swing"

Soon they were flying in. Hitting them with more confidence.

Well there you have it, you can still learn after 30 years of playing - and I had considered I had a reasonable cue action.

Just goes to show, a tiny little change can make all the difference..

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
old dog

Was practising the other day. In particular long shots with the white under the rail, which is one of those I hate in particular...

Well there you have it, you can still learn after 30 years of playing - and I had considered I had a reasonable cue action.

That old myth that "You can't teach an old dog new tricks" should have been abandoned long ago...for dogs or pool players.

I've been playing for over 60 years and I'm still learning!

PoolBoy1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Been playing more than 40 years and just watching streaming my position play with much less english using angles more and sliding the cue has improved immensely.