Knock off table...

Yotehntr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a place here selling these tables. Not a brand name (look to be a Brunswick knock off?) Anyone seen these are they worth looking at? They have them in 8' and 9' (not oversized 8') Input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Wilson art Surfaced Rails
Solid Oak Rails
Oak 4" Frame Beams
Cushions Gum K55
1" Diamond Honed Matched Slate
Quite Ball Return
Polished Alum Trim
Heavy Duty Casters Feet
00g0g_3Pi8TD9mBcg_600x450.jpg

00H0H_iXjDstiarDx_600x450.jpg

00303_cjZajvca7rP_600x450.jpg

realkingcobra

Silver Member
There's a place here selling these tables. Not a brand name (look to be a Brunswick knock off?) Anyone seen these are they worth looking at? They have them in 8' and 9' (not oversized 8') Input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Solid Oak Rails
Oak 4" Frame Beams
Cushions Gum K55
Quite Ball Return
Polished Alum Trim
Heavy Duty Casters Feet
00g0g_3Pi8TD9mBcg_600x450.jpg

00H0H_iXjDstiarDx_600x450.jpg

00303_cjZajvca7rP_600x450.jpg

Measure the throat of the locmet as well, what is that reading?

Yotehntr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Measure the throat of the locmet as well, what is that reading?

You got me, I don't know what the locmet is, (even googled it) stear me in the right direction please. Right now I don't have access to see one of these put together. The shop that's carrying them said they plan to put one in their showroom next month though so soon enough I'd be able to check any measurements. (All these pics are from their craigslist add) Are the rest of the materials quality? (rails, cushions etc?) Thanks!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You got me, I don't know what the locmet is, (even googled it) stear me in the right direction please. Right now I don't have access to see one of these put together. The shop that's carrying them said they plan to put one in their showroom next month though so soon enough I'd be able to check any measurements. (All these pics are from their craigslist add) Are the rest of the materials quality? (rails, cushions etc?) Thanks!

Can't tell by the pictures, but it looks like the corner pocket is wider than the mouth of the pocmet in the corner pocket.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Remember........

Beauty is only skin deep.

It's what's under and in a pool table that counts.

Rail construction being the most important.
Try to see the table before it is assembled.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Looks like unlabeled GC.
But, since it has Chinese wood, it will probably warp.
Sorry, keeping it real. They are made in humid conditions.
Who knows if the woods are all seasoned, dried and treated.
Does not look like oak rails to me .
And frankly, they are ruining the pool table market.
Let's say you buy it and save a few thousand from buying a Diamond.
Then you find out the frame warped. What now?
You're gonna dump in on Craigslist ?
You're out a few bills.
You can no longer afford the Diamond or real Gold Crown.
Diamond and/or Brunswick loses your business.
And that table is floating in the used market for the next sucker.

Last edited:

lumberman

Registered
Looks like unlabeled GC.
But, since it has Chinese wood, it will probably warp.
Sorry, keeping it real. They are made in humid conditions.
Who knows if the woods are all seasoned, dried and treated.
Does not look like oak rails to me .
And frankly, they are ruining the pool table market.
Let's say you buy it and save a few thousand from buying a Diamond.
Then you find out the frame warped. What now?
You're gonna dump in on Craigslist ?
You're out a few bills.
You can no longer afford the Diamond or real Gold Crown.
Diamond and/or Brunswick loses your business.
And that table is floating in the used market for the next sucker.

For what it is worth, Brunswick pool tables, including the Gold Crown V are all made overseas, mainly China.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
For what it is worth, Brunswick pool tables, including the Gold Crown V are all made overseas, mainly China.

Yes. But, I'd trust Brunswick way over the knock-offs.
I would think Brunswick uses seasoned and dried woods.
The GC3 were also made in Brazil, afaik.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
OAK? Where did you think oak was used? NO Gold Crown has ever been built using Oak....LMAO and the table is a knockoff GC5.
Solid Oak Rails
Oak 4" Frame Beams
Cushions Gum K55
Quite Ball Return
Polished Alum Trim
Heavy Duty Casters Feet
Need some reading lessons Glen?

I didn't claim oak was used on GC's.
This table maker claims they use oak.
And that does not look like oak.
Damn, you really need to read better before posting your usual juvenile lol retorts.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Need some reading lessons Glen?

I didn't claim oak was used on GC's.
This table maker claims they use oak.
And that does not look like oak.
Damn, you really need to read better before posting your usual juvenile lol retorts.

Once again, what did you see that don't look like OAK....to you? The look of the rails is wilson art laminate. The Oak would be what the sub rails are made out of which is not visible, so what are you looming at that DON'T look like oak?

Yotehntr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
he look of the rails is wilson art laminate. The Oak would be what the sub rails are made out of which is not visible, so what are you looming at that DON'T look like oak?

I had wondered why they called the rails oak. ( I do a little wood work myself and couldn't figure out what they were.

As far as moisture content that was mentioned above I have a moisture meter I could check the moisture of the wood. I can't imagine they'd be high enough to make them warp though. I've bought from this place before and they have a warantee on their tables.

Pic again from the craigslist add the sub rails...
00C0C_3Cunf9h3qUj_1200x900.jpg

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had wondered why they called the rails oak. ( I do a little wood work myself and couldn't figure out what they were.

As far as moisture content that was mentioned above I have a moisture meter I could check the moisture of the wood. I can't imagine they'd be high enough to make them warp though. I've bought from this place before and they have a warantee on their tables.

Pic again from the craigslist add the sub rails...
00C0C_3Cunf9h3qUj_1200x900.jpg

To my untrained eye, that doesn't look like a very robust frame and pales in comparison to a Gold Crown frame.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The problem with frames designed like that is that there's no crossmember support for shimming up a swayback slate, because it flexes down. And there's no where near the end of the slates to shim for level as the frame is to short. And picture where the slate screws go that mount the slate to the frame....they go where again?

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
To my untrained eye, that doesn't look like a very robust frame and pales in comparison to a Gold Crown frame.

They're just ruining the table market.
That table dealer is short sighted .
He will be out of business or will be in hiding when those tables start warping.

And that table manufacturer should be ashamed.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
They're just ruining the table market.
That table dealer is short sighted .
He will be out of business or will be in hiding when those tables start warping.

And that table manufacturer should be ashamed.

Why?....cheap is what most American's want today! Higher pay and cheaper cost of products, which explains why the billiard industry for the most part is on the down hill slide, hell....you don't even have to know what you're doing as a "pool table" mechanic and you can find jobs to do all the time....just be cheap and get hired, most customers wouldn't know the difference if the work bite them in the ass!!!....because it's just a "pool table, it's not rocket science"!!!

Yotehntr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like unlabeled GC.
But, since it has Chinese wood, it will probably warp. .
Curious here, what made you decide it was Chinese wood?... Is that where oak comes from?
Sorry, keeping it real. They are made in humid conditions. .
Looked up the average humidity in China (since you decided that’s where these come from)… it’s under 50% I picked the center of the US going with Kentucky average humidity is 70%... dang dude are you just shooting off here or what.
Who knows if the woods are all seasoned, dried and treated. .
How would you know this with any brand, I guess I could take my moisture meter and check the sub rails instead of just jumping to ridiculous conclusions. More than likely I would depend on the warrantee though.
Yes. But, I'd trust Brunswick way over the knock-offs. I would think Brunswick uses seasoned and dried woods.The GC3 were also made in Brazil, afaik.
So you are arguing that what you think might have come from China can’t be as good as what you know is from China… I usually like your posts but you're a bit off the deep end on this.