Red negative rep

eihi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have gotten a red bar from me, just wanted to say I am sorry! Have mistakenly left a few members red negative bars when I meant to leave green positive bar, I haven't purposely left anyone a red.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you click to leave reputation for a post, the page comes up with the default set for positive. You have to intentionally choose to move it to negative or red. How can you accidentally change it to negative or red unknowingly?

On top of that, the system won't let you leave negative rep without typing something in the comment box. Accidentally leaving red rep for someone is very hard to do.

eihi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you click to leave reputation for a post, the page comes up with the default set for positive. You have to intentionally choose to move it to negative or red. How can you accidentally change it to negative or red unknowingly?

On top of that, the system won't let you leave negative rep without typing something in the comment box. Accidentally leaving red rep for someone is very hard to do.

I honestly have no idea, sometimes I browse the site from my cellphone, maybe when I go to post I am accidently changing it, something with an extension in my browser or just stupidity on my behalf.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
If you have gotten a red bar from me, just wanted to say I am sorry! Have mistakenly left a few members red negative bars when I meant to leave green positive bar, I haven't purposely left anyone a red.

I think with less than 50 posts, you can't give a red rep...or even a green....
...the reps look like a grayish blue....so you're okay

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yup. I got a grayish blue from this guy and was wondering what it was all about but apology accepted and thanks for clarifying your motives.. Thanks for the explanation PT.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Yup. I got a grayish blue from this guy and was wondering what it was all about but apology accepted and thanks for clarifying your motives.. Thanks for the explanation PT.

Yeah that was the same with me. I had no idea what was going on. Thanks PT.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member

Btw, just what the hell is that blue rep? What does it mean and how does one give it?

I've gotten a few of those and have no idea what those mean.

Surely, pt knows the answers, but will he reveal it tonight? Ancient Astronaut Theorists say that perhaps such answers have come from ancient astronauts who left mankind a message about blue reps coming from out there.

Jeff Livingston

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Btw, just what the hell is that blue rep? What does it mean and how does one give it?

Surely, pt knows the answers, but will he reveal it tonight? Ancient Astronaut Theorists say that perhaps such answers have come from ancient astronauts who left mankind a message about blue reps coming from out there.

Jeff Livingston

Blue rep means the guys in blue are watching you and will be asking for your ID any minute.

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member

When you and I were talking about you grandfather the rep you left came through as grey which I didn't understand until now.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

OK, I've read every post twice now....still no explanation of how a blue/grey rep happens.

Jeff Livingston

giphy.gif

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
eihi gave me a gray rep also.
I chalked it up (correctly so) to his newness to the forums,
and unable to just go around giving red rep.

Will

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member

Ah, thank you, thank you thank you.

I want to thank my brother, my mother, my mother's brother's brother, and of course, all the little people out there.

Grey reps come from azb amateurs, it seems. Perhaps they need a handicap?

Jeff Livingston

eihi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From reading the comments, one of the members who had contacted me, also posted in this thread and they didn't know what the grey/blue color rep was.

I believe they thought I had left a negative when in fact I had left a positive. I am sure it said "I approve" when I left it, but the next day I get a message asking why I left them negative.

Thanks for the clarification

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Jeff Livingston

Okay, Jeff....listen very carefully.....THIS is the BLUES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIW4ARVbhrw

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Okay, Jeff....listen very carefully.....THIS is the BLUES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIW4ARVbhrw

That song suggests that our One Mother came from a Mother ship and infected us all with blue reps.

That was a rare and good video of BB King actually playing a longer than usual guitar solo. So many videos of him don't show that skill so much. I think he had diabetes and that made his fingers sore, so he quit doing long solos.

Thanks for the link.

Jeff Livingston