Any recommendations for instructors in South Florida?

perdigao

Registered
I've just checked and Scott is in Largo... That's a 4 hours drive from where I live...

Tom Wirth is next door and is also highly recommended. I will try to get in touch with him.

I am a beginner, playing for 1 year ... I have a 7 ft table at home, but I only play for fun (no practice and zero consistency) ... I am looking for instruction to help me correct the basics, give me some drills to practice and follow-up after a week of two of practice. Target is to achieve better consistency when playing.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
I've just checked and Scott is in Largo... That's a 4 hours drive from where I live...

Tom Wirth is next door and is also highly recommended. I will try to get in touch with him.

I am a beginner, playing for 1 year ... I have a 7 ft table at home, but I only play for fun (no practice and zero consistency) ... I am looking for instruction to help me correct the basics, give me some drills to practice and follow-up after a week of two of practice. Target is to achieve better consistency when playing.

You can't go wrong with Tom Wirth...great player, teacher, world of knowledge, patient, and a great communicator. Terrific person.

Check out his videos on Youtube.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Excellent decision

MitchDAZB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...and follow-up after a week of two of practice.
Repeat this as often as your desire, time, and resources allow -- especially with your coach located so conveniently to you.

As a beginner, you'll be much, much better off with six 2-hour lessons over twelve weeks than trying to cram it all into one or two intensive days.

You are in an enviable position to have access to someone like Tom Wirth. Have fun and make the most of it!

Hoser

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't comment on the rest of the instructors listed, but I have worked with Scott and can recommend him highly. Wish I had taken a lesson with him in my first year like you are able to.

perdigao

Registered
Repeat this as often as your desire, time, and resources allow -- especially with your coach located so conveniently to you.

As a beginner, you'll be much, much better off with six 2-hour lessons over twelve weeks than trying to cram it all into one or two intensive days.

You are in an enviable position to have access to someone like Tom Wirth. Have fun and make the most of it!
Thanks for the advise! Completely agree with you there!

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
perdigao...Check your private messages. I will come to you and work with you on your table.:thumbup:

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Thank you everyone! I will try locate Scott Lee...

Warmest Regards,

Ricardo

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I bought my first table 11 years ago I found it was much harder to play than when I stopped 40 years prior to that. I found Scott's name all over the forums.

Instead I drove down to SW Virginia to the home of a "master instructor" Well he was a master salesman but pool instructor, not even close.

There's a reason so many people here recommend Scott Lee.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You can't go wrong with Tom Wirth...great player, teacher, world of knowledge, patient, and a great communicator. Terrific person.

Check out his videos on Youtube.

As for Tom.... if anyone wants to learn 1pocket there is no better instructor to work with. NONE. His knowledge and teaching skills are the best. He is a true master of the game.