Have you cut back on visitors playing with you on your home table?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So no one is allowed in my home per my wife so I’ve been practicing and practicing and practicing. But today my wife says buy a table and put it in the backyard so tomorrow I think I’m gonna buy a valley bar box and put it in the yard. She said as long as the guys come over stay 6 feet from each other we’re good so I believe I’m gonna call her bluff and get a table.

Terrible idea. Everything in pool is communal, no matter how far away you stand from one another.

Is it really going to kill you to wait it out 30 days?

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No Visitor Zone

Thankfully I have my own table, a Gold Crown I, but our house is off-limits to any and all visitors. I spoke to a friend a few minutes ago who has two tables, a 10 foot Centennial and a 9 foot Gold Crown I, in his home and he and his wife are not allowing anyone into their home either.

I happy to read that respondents to this thread are being responsible.

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya this sucks. My best friend just had a new diamond delivered. I want to go play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
So no one is allowed in my home per my wife so I’ve been practicing and practicing and practicing. But today my wife says buy a table and put it in the backyard so tomorrow I think I’m gonna buy a valley bar box and put it in the yard. She said as long as the guys come over stay 6 feet from each other we’re good so I believe I’m gonna call her bluff and get a table.

Terrible idea. Everything in pool is communal, no matter how far away you stand from one another.

I agree about a total quarantine....it only takes one bridge hand or one ball.
...we have Amazon and grocery deliveries...it’s a weak spot that we do our best on.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member

Strongly agree. Everybody will touch the balls, chalk, bridge, table surface, etc., etc., then you could be a carrier and pay it forward (maybe even to your wife). Don't be the reason more people get sick.

I'm lucky - I have keys to my friend's pool hall, which is closed now so I have it all to myself. I usually practiced there before opening anyway, so it's not much different than before (except for the quiet street).

pj
chgo

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
My Gold Crown is the centerpiece of my finished basement and pre-virus we hostess both pool nights and general parties monthly.

That, like many things we enjoy have been unconditionally set aside for as long as this lasts. For whatever reason I've never enjoyed playing alone and practice by myself rarely lasts past a half hour. That may also explain my weak game.

I am on 5 acres so I don't feel too confined. Other than a trip to Lowes the night before Michigan was locked down a little over a week ago I haven't left my property and probably won't until its warm enough to get the motorcycle out.

Michigan has a pretty high and growing rate of cases so I won't be surprised if our stay at home, currently ending the 13th, gets extended through the end of the month.

Sorry, but a bar box, even outdoors and with a 6 foot rule is a horrible idea. Don't kid yourself.

Sent from the future.

Last edited:

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mostly off-topic but maybe worth mentioning . . . my fantasy in my sensibly-enforced idle hours is this:

If I'm John Schmidt, I'm now triple-glad I accomplished what I did, when I could (and also that I got in as many of those crowded, spectator-dense $$$$ (well deserved) showings & appearances as I was able to). More reason now than ever to release the voiceover-ed 626 video by some mutually acceptable means (DVD?) for pool-deprived fans "sheltering at home."
In fact -- we are arguably the very definition of a "captive audience" at present (and foreseeable weeks into the future).

Arnaldo ~ I know several of John's handlers and close friends very regularly read AZB threads, so speak to him about it if you will.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had the great fortune of having my table installed literally the day the gov ordered a shut down.

I’ll have to wait some to share my joy with friends.

Last edited:

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
Yes for now. But still play everyday whether I have company or not. “Company” usually has a 50 mile drive, sometimes a whole lot more. Just sitting in the middle of a hay field watching mama cows give birth to new calves... corona virus be damned they are getting on with life. We will survive this mess.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
not sharing a pool table!

It is april first now but I am still not sharing a table and that is no joke! A friend that cuts the grass on some of this farm property was over here today. No choice but to stand close to be heard over diesel and gasoline engines but I stood at a right angle to him to talk. We are both in high risk groups, I don't want to spread wealth and I don't know what precautions he is taking.

Nobody can be 100% safe so I figure every contact has some risk factor. The stores are dangerous, so is that delivery person. Ever consider how many people they meet in a day and how many packages they handle?

Hu

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Nobody can be 100% safe so I figure every contact has some risk factor. The stores are dangerous, so is that delivery person. Ever consider how many people they meet in a day and how many packages they handle?
My boogeyman these days is cash - it passes through more hands than anything else. I'm strictly plastic for the duration.

pj
chgo

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am uncomfortable with the whole thing
people afraid to even smile when they pass on the street

I can't even have my grandson over because he is recovering from brain cancer operation and we
are double careful with him

last week i visited Larry Vigus ,but now my wife says that was reckless

people seem afraid to pet my collie Buddy and he is irresstible
can you catch this stuff from a collie

you would think my pool table was providing me pleasure,but playing alone is no fun without a carot in the future

I am getting to spend more time at home with my wife, here is the biggest blessing of my life and I still
feel like getting out

I guess I won't play pool with anyone for now,but it still seems like an excess prcaution,but i am following the directions

Best wishes to all you guys
Dean

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t have a home table, but I have a closed 10 table pool room and grill next door to our house. It’s just all so surreal and depressing I don’t have much desire / motivation to practice, even though I normally love solo practicing 2-3 hours of 14.1 late at night in the pool room, 3-4 times a week.

Last edited:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mostly off-topic but maybe worth mentioning . . . my fantasy in my sensibly-enforced idle hours is this:

If I'm John Schmidt, I'm now triple-glad I accomplished what I did, when I could (and also that I got in as many of those crowded, spectator-dense $$$$ (well deserved) showings & appearances as I was able to). More reason now than ever to release the voiceover-ed 626 video by some mutually acceptable means (DVD?) for pool-deprived fans "sheltering at home."
In fact -- we are arguably the very definition of a "captive audience" at present (and foreseeable weeks into the future).

Arnaldo ~ I know several of John's handlers and close friends very regularly read AZB threads, so speak to him about it if you will.

if this continues someone might beat him to it. a lot of time for pro players to practice straight pool..

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don’t have a home table, but I have a closed 10 table pool room and grill next door to our house. It’s just all so surreal and depressing I don’t have much desire / motivation to practice, even though I normally love solo practicing 2-3 hours of 14.1 late at night in the pool room, 3-4 times a week.

I feel for you Chris. If you're like me, you were open seven days a week. My places stayed open from start to finish every day for over twenty years. I don't know how I would handle what you are going through now. I'm wishing the best for you bud.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I am uncomfortable with the whole thing
people afraid to even smile when they pass on the street

I can't even have my grandson over because he is recovering from brain cancer operation and we
are double careful with him

last week i visited Larry Vigus ,but now my wife says that was reckless

people seem afraid to pet my collie Buddy and he is irresstible
can you catch this stuff from a collie

you would think my pool table was providing me pleasure,but playing alone is no fun without a carot in the future

I am getting to spend more time at home with my wife, here is the biggest blessing of my life and I still
feel like getting out

I guess I won't play pool with anyone for now,but it still seems like an excess prcaution,but i am following the directions

Best wishes to all you guys
Dean
Dean, one of the ways the virus is transmitted is through touch - if you have it and touch something, the next person who touches that thing picks up the virus and leaves it on the next thing they touch - and so on. The biggest culprit in this is cash - it's touched by more different hands than anything else. But your collie can also be a carrier if he's been petted by others - he might become a danger to you!

It's also transmitted through the air (in coughs, sneezes, maybe even just breathing close to somebody else) - so don't endanger your grandson or yourself (it kills old people!); stay away from others for now!

pj
chgo