Mcdermott suspends operation

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Supposedly, there is plenty of Federal money out there to protect both the the employer and the workers.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When Windows gets sick, first thing to do is shut it down and reboot in safe or similar diminished mode. Then you can poke around with less risk of making it worse.

Somebody tell me why the economy won't do that. Turn the collection modules OFF and errybody chill till they figure it out. :banghead:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't see how that can be. Hope a solution can be reached for the pause imposed on the USA.

$1200 per person is a joke.

Every laid off worker in the US is now entitled to their full state unemployment benefit PLUS $600 a week additional from the FEDS. So for many, they will make as much if not more than when they were employed. On top of that a family of 4 with 2 kids under 16 who made less than $150K get a check for $3400 from the FEDS. On top of that every US business with less than 500 employees can get , basically a FED grant - not a loan- for many thousandsof $$ to reopen, pay salaries, pay rent etc. On top of that , any person in the US without health insurance will have the FEDS pay their Corona virus full health care bill if they need treatment. On top of that you have welfare, medicaid, Food Stamps.

Not Enough??? This is just the first stimulus package. Our Grandparents came here from Europe, during the Spanish Flu- FAR more deadly than Corona- by a thousand fold- and they got NOTHING from the FEDS and became success stories anyone would be envious of.

STOP the complaining - nobody wants to hear it!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every laid off worker in the US is now entitled to their full state unemployment benefit PLUS $600 a week additional from the FEDS. So for many, they will make as much if not more than when they were employed. On top of that a family of 4 with 2 kids under 16 who made less than $150K get a check for $3400 from the FEDS. On top of that every US business with less than 500 employees can get , basically a FED grant - not a loan- for many thousandsof $$ to reopen, pay salaries, pay rent etc. On top of that , any person in the US without health insurance will have the FEDS pay their Corona virus full health care bill if they need treatment. On top of that you have welfare, medicaid, Food Stamps.

Not Enough??? This is just the first stimulus package. Our Grandparents came here from Europe, during the Spanish Flu- FAR more deadly than Corona- by a thousand fold- and they got NOTHING from the FEDS and became success stories anyone would be envious of.

STOP the complaining - nobody wants to hear it!

I am not complaining, just to clarify. I just don't think handing out cash is the way to address the massive pause we are entering.

Your implication there will be multiple waves of aid is a good point to add. That said, I wish there was some way to ensure each recipient used the aid money responsibly.

SeaBrisket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That said, I wish there was some way to ensure each recipient used the aid money responsibly.

They are doing small business loans that are 100% forgiven if that money is used for payroll + benefits, and companies don't reduce staffing. Not more than 25% of the loan can be used for rent, utilities and few other basics. The loan amount is 2 months of payroll costs + an overhead percentage. If a company can't show they used the money according to the guidelines they need to repay the loan with a small interest rate. It's all being thrown together very quickly so it's a mess with very few details on how everything is to be substantiated. There's $349 billion authorized. I have no idea how far that stretches in terms of the present need but everybody is scrambling to get their application in today.

Everything is moving too quickly for any of this to be based on need. They don't have the time or resources to assess that.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not complaining, just to clarify. I just don't think handing out cash is the way to address the massive pause we are entering.

Your implication there will be multiple waves of aid is a good point to add. That said, I wish there was some way to ensure each recipient used the aid money responsibly.

Fair enough:):)

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Given a choice between the Gov paying businesses to keep employing and paying workers ..and the gov paying laid off workers to not work....I'll take option 1.

Sent from the future.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
the big boys get the cash!

Same ol' same ol'. The big boys with the lawyers and accountants will get the cash. Under 500 employees a small business? Under 35 million in sales a year by another criteria I saw, not sure if it is what the ended up going with. Those will be the small businesses getting the loans. What we think of as small businesses will be buried under red tape if they try to get any money.

I have messed with the feds before. Small business loans and disaster aid. So far after forty years or so I have received nothing. Starting to suspect I am not going to!

Hu

jsalazar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are doing small business loans that are 100% forgiven if that money is used for payroll + benefits, and companies don't reduce staffing. Not more than 25% of the loan can be used for rent, utilities and few other basics. The loan amount is 2 months of payroll costs + an overhead percentage. If a company can't show they used the money according to the guidelines they need to repay the loan with a small interest rate. It's all being thrown together very quickly so it's a mess with very few details on how everything is to be substantiated. There's $349 billion authorized. I have no idea how far that stretches in terms of the present need but everybody is scrambling to get their application in today.

Everything is moving too quickly for any of this to be based on need. They don't have the time or resources to assess that.

It's called the Paycheck Protection Program.

https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/PPP--Fact-Sheet.pdf

It's through the Small Business Administration and the loans are applied for through any federally approved SBA lender.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member

Attachments

• march.JPG
    march.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 121

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting that. ^ Before everyone got house arrest, I ran into a guy with a highly figured but uncluttered Mac; just a slight brownish tinge. Gorgeous cue; said it was around 400.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Thanks for posting that. ^ Before everyone got house arrest, I ran into a guy with a highly figured but uncluttered Mac; just a slight brownish tinge. Gorgeous cue; said it was around 400.

:thumbup2: I personally find them great from a value perspective. I'd snag the March deal at that price as a nice gift to a newer shooter. Kind of plainly handsome for lack of a better description. And yes...for production cues there are a lot of choices and pretty sticks. I try not to be a fan boy on anything but McDermott has been consistent over the years and their team has been excellent with service. I haven't fussed with the lower lines of Star and Lucky though.

Am sure others feel the same about their go-to's.