What is the best way to buy a new Diamond table?

RakRunr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm ready to order a pool table, and have decided on a Diamond Pro-Am. Since they don't advertise prices or distributors on the website, what is the best way to purchase a table? Should I contact them directly or try to find a dealer?

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm ready to order a pool table, and have decided on a Diamond Pro-Am. Since they don't advertise prices or distributors on the website, what is the best way to purchase a table? Should I contact them directly or try to find a dealer?

Call heath manning of manningcues.com and tell him Eric sent ya! He beat the price that diamond quoted me by a lot!

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just missed out on Derby City, but you can likely purchase a tournament used table they sell just after completion of tournaments, at a significantly lesser price than if you call and buy from them directly, if you make the arrangements for transporting it back to your home. You will get the tournament used cloth, that even it's only been used for a week, will have significant break lines, break burn spots, etc. on it, as tournament players are extremely hard on tables!

If you buy from them directly, especially if it is a 7-footer, they may tell you it's a brand new table being made just for you, but still could very well be a tournament used model they'll just put new cloth on. I purchased one directly from Diamond a few years ago that was sold to me as a brand new unused table, but it wasn't until a year later when we recovered it, that we could see from the staple gun dents that it had been recovered before. I never contacted Diamond about it, as it wasn't worth the aggravation and lies I'm sure they would have told me, as otherwise it appeared brand new.

If you keep a check with Craigs List and Ebay, there's always Diamond's for sale, but you'll have to find one in your area, and you'll have to go inspect it to see the condition, and you'll have to cover the expenses and hassle to break it down, transport it, and set it back up. The advantage of paying the higher price to buy direct from Diamond, is that they will deliver and install it for you, usually included in the price.

gweempose

Registered
If you keep a check with Craigs List and Ebay, there's always Diamond's for sale, but you'll have to find one in your area ...

I've been watching CL and eBay like a hawk for over a month, and there have been absolutely no Diamonds for sale anywhere close to me. I'm surprised, because it's not like I live in the middle of nowhere. You would think someone in the Chicago area would be selling one.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been watching CL and eBay like a hawk for over a month, and there have been absolutely no Diamonds for sale anywhere close to me. I'm surprised, because it's not like I live in the middle of nowhere. You would think someone in the Chicago area would be selling one.

A month is a short time, searching for a table. Not that that is really a contribution to the comversation...

Whatever you do, do it right. This is a one-time purchase.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A month is a short time, searching for a table. Not that that is really a contribution to the comversation...

Whatever you do, do it right. This is a one-time purchase.

Anyone wanting a new diamond owes it to themselves to at least email Heath for a quote. Diamond sent me to a distributor, and they were WAAAY overpriced.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Call heath manning of manningcues.com and tell him Eric sent ya! He beat the price that diamond quoted me by a lot!

Please explain to us how he beat their price by a lot? Just curious. Did he beat the manufacturer's factory direct pricing??

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please explain to us how he beat their price by a lot? Just curious. Did he beat the manufacturer's factory direct pricing??

Here is my story. I called the factory and told them I wanted a 9’ ProAm. They referred me to an authorized dealer in Florida. I called them and got a price. I called heath, and he beat that price by a lot. The people that Diamond sent me to didn’t know the difference between a red label and a blue label. I know nothing about a “manufacturers direct price”. Can you explain what that is and why Diamond didn’t make me aware of that option?

pocketsplitter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Selling like-new blue label 7ft professional in the NY area for anyone interested. "Like-new" because it was delivered by Heath Manning only 2 months ago. Cloth still plays like a new. Selling to fund my wedding otherwise I'd never part with it...

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Here is my story. I called the factory and told them I wanted a 9’ ProAm. They referred me to an authorized dealer in Florida. I called them and got a price. I called heath, and he beat that price by a lot. The people that Diamond sent me to didn’t know the difference between a red label and a blue label. I know nothing about a “manufacturers direct price”. Can you explain what that is and why Diamond didn’t make me aware of that option?

I am not sure and cannot speak for Diamond. Manufacturer direct pricing on a 9' Pro Am is $5900.00. Here is the price sheet.
27337371_10215468495648503_1633311280205840977_n.jpg

I sell Diamond tables. I am a man of my word and have a deal with Diamond to NOT sell anything for less than they do. If someone wants to order them and save money I sell them for exactly what the manufacturer pricing is. Yes, I mark them up if I have them on hand, it is retail at that point because I have more time and money in them. Many people complain and say I can get it cheaper some where else and I tell them go right ahead.

No disrespect to Heath, but, I have been wondering about the fact that anyone would allow a middle man who never actually stocks the U.S.A. built table and is from Canada, aka another country, sell them a table?? I am one stop shopping: I either order the table for the client or have it on hand to sell them the table, I make the sales, the delivery and install it too. I also sell very competitively priced accessory kits. It boggles my mind from my perspective. Again, no disrespect to Heath, I hear great things about his customer service, but, at the end of the day he makes it harder for all the other USA based dealers like myself, to sell the tables.

Not here to argue and not attacking anyone. I am allowed my opinion in this matter because it directly affects my business. I am doing great, always have tables on hand and would NEVER undercut anyone because it is just how I do business. I do not haggle on my prices to sell tables. I love what I do and make a good living with my Brunswick restorations. The Diamonds are my new table option. Very simple: I sell the best 2 products in pool right now. Just my $0.02....

22090003_10214457014122097_1605565038825828325_n.jpg

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not sure and cannot speak for Diamond. Manufacturer direct pricing on a 9' Pro Am is $5900.00. Here is the price sheet.

I sell Diamond tables. I am a man of my word and have a deal with Diamond to NOT sell anything for less than they do. If someone wants to order them and save money I sell them for exactly what the manufacturer pricing is. Yes, I mark them up if I have them on hand, it is retail at that point because I have more time and money in them. Many people complain and say I can get it cheaper some where else and I tell them go right ahead.

No disrespect to Heath, but, I have been wondering about the fact that anyone would allow a middle man who never actually stocks the U.S.A. built table and is from Canada, aka another country, sell them a table?? I am one stop shopping: I either order the table for the client or have it on hand to sell them the table, I make the sales, the delivery and install it too. I also sell very competitively priced accessory kits. It boggles my mind from my perspective. Again, no disrespect to Heath, I hear great things about his customer service, but, at the end of the day he makes it harder for all the other USA based dealers like myself, to sell the tables.

Not here to argue and not attacking anyone. I am allowed my opinion in this matter because it directly affects my business. I am doing great, always have tables on hand and would NEVER undercut anyone because it is just how I do business. I do not haggle on my prices to sell tables. I love what I do and make a good living with my Brunswick restorations. The Diamonds are my new table option. Very simple: I sell the best 2 products in pool right now. Just my $0.02....

You sound like you have the same type of deal as he does with Diamond. I will admit that I don't know anything about this business. But it drove me crazy that the guy who DIAMOND referred me to quoted me a couple grand more than Heath did. Maybe they had a long waiting list or something, who knows? Heath gave me a very reasonable timeline, and it was delivered and installed within that timeline. If you can do that too, then you also deserve to be recognized... but I don't know you.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
You sound like you have the same type of deal as he does with Diamond. I will admit that I don't know anything about this business. But it drove me crazy that the guy who DIAMOND referred me to quoted me a couple grand more than Heath did. Maybe they had a long waiting list or something, who knows? Heath gave me a very reasonable timeline, and it was delivered and installed within that timeline. If you can do that too, then you also deserve to be recognized... but I don't know you.

My deal is nothing like his, you must have missed the "one stop shopping" part of my post. I have no idea if he even works on pool tables, but, none the less he, nor his company even touches the tables he sells in the USA. Diamond being a USA company creates jobs and us dealers have to work extremely hard to sell Diamond tables. I have plenty of references, always busy and work VERY hard making my clients happy!

Trent from Toledo
P.s. My book of restoration work:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/toledopooltables/photos/?tab=albums

radnur22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I own a bicycle shop and sell brand "x". I am required to sell at the MRSP and so are all the other dealers. This protects the market and insures shop viability. I understand what you are saying. I try my best to buy local/make in America :wink: Trent, if I lived in Ohio, I'd buy a table from you!!!!

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My deal is nothing like his, you must have missed the "one stop shopping" part of my post. I have no idea if he even works on pool tables, but, none the less he, nor his company even touches the tables he sells in the USA. Diamond being a USA company creates jobs and us dealers have to work extremely hard to sell Diamond tables. I have plenty of references, always busy and work VERY hard making my clients happy!

Trent from Toledo

I feel like I had "one stop shopping". I get that a lot more goes on behind the scenes that I don't know about, but I sent one email, and made one phone call. That's it. When my transaction was over, I had a nice, level table in my garage, with light, polisher, house cues, chalk, scoring beads, etc, etc, etc. You telling me that you can do better than that? If so, that's awesome!

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Trent from Toledo

Another note. I'm sure you have a great business, but Heath EARNED my business. I started a thread about wanting to buy a new Diamond table, only one person reached out to me about it...Heath. Then I started another thread to ask about him, since I had never heard the name. 100% positive feedback. Not really sure what your beef is with him, everyone else seems to think highly of him.

gweempose

Registered
A month is a short time, searching for a table ...

No doubt, but I was still surprised by how scarce used Diamonds are at the moment. Even when I widened my search, I still couldn't find very many. For example, if you check eBay right now, there is literally only one used Diamond for sale in the entire country. In contrast, there are a ton of Gold Crowns for sale. I wonder why there is such a disparity in the availability of Diamonds vs. some of the other brands. Is it because Diamond is a newer company and there are simply less of them out there?

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Diamond must have changed their business plan since 2007. I called them and ordered a 9ft pro and they built it and then shipped it to me. They even sent me pictures of the table as it was being made:cool:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own a bicycle shop and sell brand "x". I am required to sell at the MRSP and so are all the other dealers. This protects the market and insures shop viability. I understand what you are saying. I try my best to buy local/make in America :wink: Trent, if I lived in Ohio, I'd buy a table from you!!!!

I like bike.

Attachments

• IMG_0613.jpg
    IMG_0613.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 1,184

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Another note. I'm sure you have a great business, but Heath EARNED my business. I started a thread about wanting to buy a new Diamond table, only one person reached out to me about it...Heath. Then I started another thread to ask about him, since I had never heard the name. 100% positive feedback. Not really sure what your beef is with him, everyone else seems to think highly of him.

Now you are putting words in my mouth. I never said I had any "beef" as you suggested. It does not matter who it is, I happen to use him as an example of how I cannot understand how people buy a USA made product from someone in Canada that does not ever even touch the product. I do offer an excellent one stop shopping service. Its all good. I know I am not the only dealer that feels this way about the situation. I was not confrontational and gave an honest opinion of the situation. I have San Diego( very recent)Ohio, Michigan, Indiana and Western PA as territories I am allowed to advertise in. I follow the rules given to me by Diamond, that is all. Very lucky and happy with what I have, just confused why anyone would send their money to another country to buy a USA made product. Have fun an PLAY POOL! :)

Trent from Toledo