Looking for norcal instructor

SJpilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I've been on a skill plateau for the better part of 3 years. Some days I can't miss and I make position within inches of where I intend. Other days I can't make a ball to save my life. I was thinking that maybe I would be well served to find an instructor that could see me shoot in both circumstances and let me know what changes. I also would like help developing a consistent pre shot routine because I don't have one at all at the moment. I'm in San Jose California. A lead on a local instructor would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi, did you find anybody to help you? how's your game going?
interesting situation you found yourself in..I'm wondering if anything's changed
also, have you tried filming yourself and reviewing that footage?
maybe you could self-diagnose, if you haven't tried that already
cheers-

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi, did you find anybody to help you? how's your game going?
interesting situation you found yourself in..I'm wondering if anything's changed
also, have you tried filming yourself and reviewing that footage?
maybe you could self-diagnose, if you haven't tried that already
cheers-

evergruven...How can the OP "self-diagnose" when he has no idea what to look for. You don't know what you don't know. That's why you find a qualified instructor who does video analysis.

To the OP...go see Tom Seymour, Beginners Mind Pool School in SF. Excellent instructor.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Last edited:

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
evergruven...How can the OP "self-diagnose" when he has no idea what to look for. You don't know what you don't know.

hi scott
agree fully and am not advocating against getting help from others
on the contrary, discussing the game with others has undoubtedly helped me
and I also have learned some by recording myself, and watching that footage
so in lieu of meeting with an instructor, I mentioned it:thumbup: