Shannon Daulton for the One Pocket Hall of Fame

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
Over at Steve Booth's great site, OnePocket.org, it's that time of year again where nominations are being accepted for great players to be inducted into the One Pocket Hall of Fame.

I've been trying for years to get Shannon on the ballot, but I really think this will be his year! He's one of the greatest all-around champions ever in pooldom.

If you believe that Shannon is a worthy enough candidate for inclusion into the H.O.F., then go to this site, log in and make your nomination.

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/index.php

Thanks for supporting "The Cannon"!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Terry
I tried signing up...I used your name as a referral...hope you don't mind.

..but they consider my email address as invalid....
..I've got a few hundred emails, so it must have some validity...:confused:

I think the Cannon deserves the HOF

DRW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shannon was the youngest Legend's of one-pocket winner, and the only person to have won three. That seals the deal for me.:smile: I'll get over there today and put my nomination in.

kybill9

Banned
Over at Steve Booth's great site, OnePocket.org, it's that time of year again where nominations are being accepted for great players to be inducted into the One Pocket Hall of Fame.

I've been trying for years to get Shannon on the ballot, but I really think this will be his year! He's one of the greatest all-around champions ever in pooldom.

If you believe that Shannon is a worthy enough candidate for inclusion into the H.O.F., then go to this site, log in and make your nomination.

No I cannot do it. There will be plenty of time for Shannon to be inducted. Buddy Hall, Ike Runnells, SJD, all deserve it as much as Shannon. Give the HOF to the men that have been playing for many decades. He is still in his prime and there will be a time for his induction. I do not want the spot that should go to a deserving older player that people don't know anymore to a young player that has many years ahead of him.

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
Sentimentality & age.....or accomplishments?

No I cannot do it. There will be plenty of time for Shannon to be inducted. Buddy Hall, Ike Runnells, SJD, all deserve it as much as Shannon. Give the HOF to the men that have been playing for many decades. He is still in his prime and there will be a time for his induction. I do not want the spot that should go to a deserving older player that people don't know anymore to a young player that has many years ahead of him.

Hi Bill!

I'm ging to re-post here what I replied to you at OnePocket.org so others can see both sides of this debate.

Scrzbill,
I respect your opinion to vote however & for whoever.

I would, however, like to ask you just one question.....Is induction into a H.O.F. based on sentimentality & age, or, should it be based on accomplishments?

Based upon accomplishments, SD is by far the most credentialed 1 pocket champion still on the outside of the H.O.F.

Buddy is one of my all-time favorite champions, but he has far more accomplishments in 9 ball than he does in 1P. He's a great one pocket player, no doubt about it. But Shannon has won more championships and he's done it at a younger age, than anybody.

I hate it every year that he comes up, he's overlooked because he's "too young" or not at death's door.

I've lobbied for Shannon Daulton for several years now and what held him back before was Steve wanted at least 20 years in pooldom before being placed on the ballot.

My thinking has been that Shannon, who was born in 1972 and started playing pool at age 5, has more than 20+ years "in service" at pool. His father Gerald was staking him in money matches for $300.00 a game by the time he was 11. (Turning 39 on April 5, this means Shannons now has 28 years of gambling and tournament seasoning to his credentials.)

At 19, he won the 1992 Legends of One Pocket, beating the likes of Steve Mizerak, Gary Spaeth and Bugs Rucker on his way to the championship.

Besides winning several other major championships in both 1 pocket and banks, Shannon also has 2 Derby City Classic 9 Ball Championships as well as being the 2001 Derby City Classic All-Around Champion.

And while still being one of America's best all-around and most elite players, Shannon (and Marge) also started and run their own tour....http://www.greatsouthernbilliardtour.com/. Very few players have the willingness to work that hard to keep a successful tour running. Shannon is setting a great example to his fellow pros that it CAN be done.

I feel that Shannon Daulton has EARNED a rightful place along side the other great pool champions and should be enshrined into the One Pocket AND Banks H.O.F.'s.

That being said, everybody can vote for whoever they prefer. After Daulton is inducted some day, I'll next be lobbying hard for Buddy Hall.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Too soon and to many others, Gene Skinner or Marcel Camp for example.

Last edited:

fan-tum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me, it's a dead heat between Shannon or Buddy. Hate to expose myself, but who is SJD? Only one I can think of is Steve Dobrowski. Please don't revoke my membership.

Last edited:

kybill9

Banned
Over at Steve Booth's great site, OnePocket.org,

Reply: I agree that Shannon belongs and yes age does have something to do with it. HOF honors in any sport are considered lifetime achievement awards. Should Tiger go into golfs hall? Or Barry Bonds before he retired? Because this hall is relative new, there is a lot of catching up too do. Let's get some of the true legends of the game in first. If you were to ask Shannon, he would say the same thing. I do understand also of your personal attachment to this nomination, but putting sentiment aside, don't you think in five years, he would still have the honor? I would agree that he go into the banks HOF now because I think banks is his strongest game. Besides I have a horse in this race who is not getting any younger, JRHendy.

JDB

Idiot Savant
Silver Member
For me, it's a dead heat between Shannon or Buddy. Hate to expose myself, but who is SJD? Only one I can think of is Steve Dobrowski. Please don't revoke my membership.

SJD = San Jose Dick Moran, I believe.

He posts here as well as SJD.

Spider1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Pretty much agree with this.

Nothing against Shannon at all, he is already a legend.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Is Nick Varner in already? Great one pocket playing credentials and he's over 60 years old.