World 10 Ball Championship 22-26July2019/ Winner $30K

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So a question, why are the 2 and 3 ball not being racked in the back corners? I thought that was a standard rule in 10 ball. Or does wpa handle it differently?

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some early upsets-Corey, James Aranas, Kaci sent to losers side.
Alex finally wins 8-4
Those Dennis Taylor glasses are helping

w10b pcphoto.jpg

Can't they get a real trophy? Those transparent plaques seem to be very popular these days
:wink:

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Huh, I wonder if that's Yang Fan of Chinese 8 Ball fame. If so, he's one of the best going in that game, and I look forward to seeing how he performs outside of his usual discipline.

Yes, it's him, and if he had any clue how to play 10 ball he could have won the match and could win the tournament. Shoots way too many low % shots, though, and is not used to safety game required'
I couldn't believe Jim Wyche didn't know who he was

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Yes, it's him, and if he had any clue how to play 10 ball he could have won the match and could win the tournament. Shoots way too many low % shots, though, and is not used to safety game required'

He definitely had his opportunities against Filler. Gave away at least two games early on.

UKPool

Registered
Yang seemed to have trouble controlling the cue ball/pace of the table. What surprised me was some of misses albeit not gimme’s. You can’t just wing it off the bat, instinctively his game was thrown off, much like foreign players who play Chinese 8 Ball and struggle. In order to be successful at it, you have to fully commit yourself to that discipline.

That applies to American Pool players, English 8 Ballers, Snooker players, etc. Should be apply himself I’ve no doubt he could become a top competitor but he won’t so he isn’t find any success.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes, Yang Fan just fearless and made it look easy in first few racks making shots from everywhere even when off position. Top 2 or 3 in C8B. Didn't fare too well in 9b 10b tournaments that he played in before.
Jim Wyche is bit off about players but again so are many of the commentators. He was also clueless about Siming Chen. Otherwise he's good in the box.
I get feeling these commentators go Larry King route (i.e. minimum prep or research beforehand) rather than Anderson Cooper or Piers Morgan approach :D

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
Sandor Tot has been a world-class player for over a decade now ;).

Last I saw,his Fargo rating was 775 or something close. Tommy D.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So a question, why are the 2 and 3 ball not being racked in the back corners? I thought that was a standard rule in 10 ball. Or does wpa handle it differently?

WPA rules call for random racking other than the 1-ball and 10-ball.

I prefer it that way, as it better randomizes the break results.

[But, doing stats, it's easier with the 2- and 3-balls always in the back!]

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These predator brand balls look awesome! So glad they are using the traditional colors. I hope the TV ball color fad is over:)

These other brands are probably eating Aramith's lunch.

Edit: And the numbers are larger also so easier to read on the stream.

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder why 64 players. Does anyone know for certain?

Even with the same 100k added, if they had 96 or 128 players, they would have still had a full field.

I wonder if it was a space and/or time constraint at the chosen venue that limited the field.