New FargoRate App

gdc25

I call 'em like I see 'em
Silver Member
I can't get logged in. I can login via web browser using my email address, but trying to login via the app using my membership number doesn't work. a note that says logging in, in a perpetual loop until I force the app closed.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't get logged in. I can login via web browser using my email address, but trying to login via the app using my membership number doesn't work. a note that says logging in, in a perpetual loop until I force the app closed.

I had same issue. I sent them an email and they fixed it pretty quickly.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I'm just frustrated I can't install it. Play store says it's not available for my version.

I'm not sure what version of Android it requires, but apparently version 6 is too old.
but version 6.x is still more common than any other version.
50% of all android users are on 6 or older.

It seems like he cut off support on the website really fast.
It's only been a couple of days.
I don't see why they can't just keep Fargo available on the site anyway.
Not everone upgrades their phone every year or necessarily wants to work
on a tiny screen and keyboard.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Fargo was wrong on the website and I emailed them, they responded and said there was an issue with people that aren't established. I just logged on and it won't display anything for me, it appears to be broken at the moment.

I'm not worried about the app, I'm sure any of the bugs will be worked out but I'm not happy they are going to "retire" the web page. I hate using my phone for anything.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Fargo was wrong on the website and I emailed them, they responded and said there was an issue with people that aren't established. I just logged on and it won't display anything for me, it appears to be broken at the moment.

I'm not worried about the app, I'm sure any of the bugs will be worked out but I'm not happy they are going to "retire" the web page. I hate using my phone for anything.
Shades of Venmo getting rid of functionality that people enjoyed.

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm just frustrated I can't install it. Play store says it's not available for my version.

I'm not sure what version of Android it requires, but apparently version 6 is too old.
but version 6.x is still more common than any other version.
50% of all android users are on 6 or older.

It seems like he cut off support on the website really fast.
It's only been a couple of days.
I don't see why they can't just keep Fargo available on the site anyway.
Not everone upgrades their phone every year or necessarily wants to work
on a tiny screen and keyboard.

Yes, currently only versions 7+ are supported. They say they are working on supporting older Android versions but I am not holding my breath. My Samsung Galaxy S5 has a cracked screen and I have been lazy (and cheap) in not getting a new phone. Guess now is as good a time as any to upgrade.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't create an account, getting some generic error about not being able to create an account. Tried a PW reset with my existing logon, which worked. Tried that new PW in app, did not work. Explains the under 3 star rating, needs more testing

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://fargorate.com/fargorateblog/archive/playerapp/

I'm downloading it now. Super excited to see what additional details it has.

Here is a video that for the first 5 minutes goes over some signup stuff--pretty tricky on our end getting people with the app hooked up to their data.

The rest of the video goes over some of the features.

We are splitting our time between getting to support tickets and making backend changes that hook more people to their data...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K96oS3uLMVA

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Phone not compatible. I am over it. Too bad they are taking down fairmatch. I guess this is their way of monetizing it.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I don't know if Mr. Page reacted to the complaints or if it was just a temporary hiccup,
but https://fairmatch.fargorate.com/ has been working for me for a couple of days now.

If that's Mike listening to his customers (I know, that word is a bit of a stretch considering
I'm using a free service) then THANK YOU!!!

As soon as the app works for my phone (or I upgrade) I'll be happy to try it out.
But in the meantime I really like being able to just pop open a new tab
in the browser and check someone's name.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shades of Venmo getting rid of functionality that people enjoyed.

I don't know what Venmo is but I'm guessing they got rid of stuff that people actually liked and used.

I don't know if Mr. Page reacted to the complaints or if it was just a temporary hiccup,
but https://fairmatch.fargorate.com/ has been working for me for a couple of days now.

If that's Mike listening to his customers (I know, that word is a bit of a stretch considering

As soon as the app works for my phone (or I upgrade) I'll be happy to try it out.

Agreed and I don't like being glued to my phone. I've downloaded the APP but I don't remember my email address so I can't login. I suppose if/when the website goes down I'll have to get it figured out.

poolscholar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they want to obsolete the website they need to make sure the interface is very easy to use and understand. Layout is very clunky at the moment.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't think the website was ever down, or if it was it was just a temporary glitch. It does say it will be removed soon, but I too hope they reconsider that.

I'm just glad they shipped. Now that it's out they can work on bug-squashing and compatibility etc.

It's working fine for me, and my only complaint is that since I'm in a BCA league my access is free, and I wish I could do the $1/month subscription.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know what Venmo is but I'm guessing they got rid of stuff that people actually liked and used.

Agreed and I don't like being glued to my phone. I've downloaded the APP but I don't remember my email address so I can't login. I suppose if/when the website goes down I'll have to get it figured out.

Venmo is just like PayPal. They had a great following and you could pay people from either a web browser from your computer, or an app on your phone, for the last 5 years. Just a couple of months ago, they disabled the ability to pay people from your computer, and you now must do it from the phone app. I lodged several complaints to them about this, and got a canned response every time.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a video that for the first 5 minutes goes over some signup stuff--pretty tricky on our end getting people with the app hooked up to their data.

The rest of the video goes over some of the features.

We are splitting our time between getting to support tickets and making backend changes that hook more people to their data...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K96oS3uLMVA

Thank you, I will watch the videos.

Please look into the "crash upon submitting bug" issue, so that we can submit issues:)

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I downloaded the app and even through emails to fargorate over the past several days it still doesn’t work.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's not on the front page of the Microsoft Store Page yet,
not even in the top 99 Apps Page either, must not be related.

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
I paid for the app last week and now it will quit about 1 second after I open it. I briefly see the home page and then it's gone.

I put in a help request yesterday, so hopefully they will respond. This was the automated email I got back after submitting the error report:

"Your request (1192) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff."

Interestingly the free version worked fine, it was only when I paid for the full version that it stopped working....

Hope they get this fixed soon as I am eager to look at all my data.