question regarding appleton's tournament record

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the thread everyone was talking about records from earlier in the week seems to have been deleted. it was the one about svb running 226. I know people bring up Appleton's 200 and out against Bustamante as the record in competition. but what about feijen's run of 259?

video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVfKQ5iX3CQ

when I originally saw it, I could have sworn he was playing in some sort of tournament. also, his 305 run from the orangeforks production, was that not against someone in competition? or was that an exhibition?

I just want to see if people consider that the real in completion record.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If someone wants to claim the competition record, they at least have to say what event, who their opponent was, ...

A friendly match against your practice buddy with no official doesn't count.

An announced, streamed challenge match between two gamblers might count as an exhibition run.

The runs at Derby City are sort of an in-between beast. With no opponent and no penalty for missing, they are not full competition. With an official present and as part of a competition, they are more than an exhibition.

No one that I know of has claimed a higher run in competition than Appleton's run of 200.

As for why the original thread was deleted, I think it was because the managers of this site considered the basenote to be spam.