Jacoby Soft Hit, What others?

be1163

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently tried a buddies new Jacoby (HB4T) with the Ultra shaft and loved how soft the hit was. To ensure it wasn't just the shaft I tried the Ultra on my Dishaw and it softened the hit slightly but nothing like when its on the Jacoby butt.

I have owned a OB1 in the past and found it way too soft of a hit, as well have tried different soft tips and nothing has compared to the feel I got from the combination Jacoby butt with the Ultra shaft.

Does anybody have other suggestions of cues that play on the softer side? Currently I'm using a Dishaw (2006) with a 314-2 which I said I would never move away from. But after hitting with the Jacoby I'm thinking maybe it's time to shop!

Thanks in advance for any feedback offered.

Greg

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
IMHO Pat Deviney jane cues hit pretty soft, with their full splice sneakies coming in a little stiffer but not by much. They do play well and Pats cues are top notch, you could also just go with a Jacoby like you said you liked.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McDermott cues hit on the softer side if you ask me.

I like the feel of their hit with the wood-to-wood joints and the 3/8-10 pin.

jbullerjr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always found the Tiger sneaky with the X shaft played pretty soft.

A good friend has a Shick with ivory ferrule, a pad, and a soft tip. Feels like a marshmallow

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mcdermott without a SS joint for production cue and Mike Capone or Nitti without a SS joint for a custom cue. Need to have soft tip on the custom cues as well.

MalibuMike

Banned
Try the Jacoby 31"

It hits awesome with a medium Zan or Harno tip on it!
Love it! Much better than my Mezz ExPro and all the other shafts I have tried!

Attachments

• sch.jpg
    sch.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 546
  • Shaft3.jpg
    Shaft3.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 564
  • Shaft2.jpg
    Shaft2.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 531
  • user71166_pic15552_1436387875.jpg
    user71166_pic15552_1436387875.jpg