2019 World Snooker Championship

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Main Event starts tomorrow and play will continue until a champion emerges on May 6th.

That's 2 weeks of top shelf snooker.

Coverage will be available for those in the USA via the online streaming service (DAZN)

I checked out their site, and it looks like it's a subscription based service. $19.99/month or $99.99/year

It allows you to watch on TV, Mobile, Computer and game consoles. I'll definitely be doing the month subscription and then just cancelling it.

As for Ronnie. His first match is against James Cahill. James is the first ever amateur player to qualify for the event, and is a 15-1 dog against Ronnie.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
haven't placed my yearly bet yet. tough year to bet really, if ronnie, trump or robertson doesn't win it's wide open the way i see it.

i think selby is on such a low that he won't be a factor. williams hasn't performed, neither has higgins. all those three know how to win though, which is a factor in itself when it comes to the crucible. that brings me to bingham, who knows how to win it and has performed quite well recently. so i'm tilted towards chipping in on bingham reaching the finals, because it's a high odds bet but still reasonable.

these are the odds for tourney winner (down to the plausible ones):

Ronnie O'sullivan - 3,00
Neil Robertson - 5,50
Judd Trump - 7,00
Mark Selby - 12,00
Kyren Wilson - 19,00
Mark Allen - 21,00
John Higgins - 23,00
Mark Williams - 23,00
Stuart Bingham - 23,00
Barry Hawkins - 26,00
Ding Junhui - 34,00
Jack Lisowski - 67,00
Shaun Murphy - 67,00

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the only first round match that i'm gonna have to prioritize before the US Open is trump vs un-nooh. that'll be fireworks

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... As for Ronnie. His first match is against James Cahill. James is the first ever amateur player to qualify for the event, and is a 15-1 dog against Ronnie.
If you look around you can find 22/1 on Cahill and 1/25 on Ronnie.

The bookies are also offering 21/10 on Ronnie to win the Championship.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
For you racetrackers....if breeding means anything.......
...Cahill is Stephen Hendry’s nephew

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The draw

E1585A40-229F-42A4-8730-492D742E8A0A.jpg

A bit more legible on this link...

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...pionship-schedule-odds_sto7235942/story.shtml

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Main Event starts tomorrow and play will continue until a champion emerges on May 6th.

That's 2 weeks of top shelf snooker.

Coverage will be available for those in the USA via the online streaming service (DAZN)

I checked out their site, and it looks like it's a subscription based service. $19.99/month or $99.99/year

It allows you to watch on TV, Mobile, Computer and game consoles. I'll definitely be doing the month subscription and then just cancelling it.

As for Ronnie. His first match is against James Cahill. James is the first ever amateur player to qualify for the event, and is a 15-1 dog against Ronnie.

Good to know. Would appreciate any review on the dazn stream. I am likely to sign up for the month if its good.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DAZN seems pretty legit so far.

Got the app on my LG Smart TV.

They have a lot of archived videos, mostly boxing and MMA. Also some videos from the recent World Pool Masters.

Honestly, the quality isn't the best and I don't see an option to upgrade. Maybe the live stream will be different?

First match starts at 5am EST

I'll report back then.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update:

Watching a live stream of a soccer match, and the quality looks like 720p at best.

I've definitely seen better from FB Live streams before.

I say if you are paying for a DAZN subscription, it's simply for the ease of everything.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First match underway. Defending champ, Mark Williams v Martin Gould

Quality is actually really good.

2 weeks of more snooker than I'll be able to watch. $19.99 is a good deal.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... . Thanks for posting the FB link for those that may be on a budget.
At least one AGTV Facebook account has been deleted. I suspect the sponsors of the event don't like the competing companies that AGTV advertises on top of the broadcast video.

The AGTV stream has the English commentary right now.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The image on the left is from the DAZN stream and the one on the right is from the FB stream you linked. Pretty easy to see the DAZN stream is higher quality. Also, the commentary is in English. Thanks for posting the FB link for those that may be on a budget.

1kASmjMmC.jpg

Mine is free, and yours costs money.

BTW, those snooker fans, when it gets closer to the finals, Snooker Arsenal offers a live stream for free in English commentary. High quality too! :)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At least one AGTV Facebook account has been deleted. I suspect the sponsors of the event don't like the competing companies that AGTV advertises on top of the broadcast video.

The AGTV stream has the English commentary right now.

A FB group called "Mr. Snooker" was also deleted from FB a while back.

Snooker Arsenal is the best one on FB at this juncture, at least that I have watched.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Snooker Arsenal is the best one on FB at this juncture, at least that I have watched.
I believe that has been deleted as well. It appears in google searches but is no longer on Facebook.