US Open cueball...................

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Today on the tv table they're using the measels. Yesterday it was red-circle. Anybody know why they switched? Is it on every table? Just curious is all.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Today on the tv table they're using the measels. Yesterday it was red-circle. Anybody know why they switched? Is it on every table? Just curious is all.

They changed the whole set of balls on the streaming table. It's now Aramith Tournaments.

Edit -- and the change happened for the current match, the 2nd of the day, not the 1st.

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When trailers were unloaded on Thursday somehow the trailer containing the balls and the parts for the streaming arena was overlooked. When the absence was discovered, it was almost Easter. It's hard to get things done Easter weekend.

The streaming arena was jury-rigged from lighting trusses and Duck Tape (TM) plus some light bars and sponsor posters. It looks pretty good for how it was made.

The only reason the matches had balls the first day is because Diamond packs one set of balls for each table sent to a tournament venue. This is not the first tournament that has had delivery problems. Of course Diamond packs Cyclop balls.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
When trailers were unloaded on Thursday somehow the trailer containing the balls and the parts for the streaming arena was overlooked. When the absence was discovered, it was almost Easter. It's hard to get things done Easter weekend.

The streaming arena was jury-rigged from lighting trusses and Duck Tape (TM) plus some light bars and sponsor posters. It looks pretty good for how it was made.

The only reason the matches had balls the first day is because Diamond packs one set of balls for each table sent to a tournament venue. This is not the first tournament that has had delivery problems. Of course Diamond packs Cyclop balls.

Thanks for the backstory. I had listened to one of Earl's interviews and he had mentioned that they had changed the cue ball, and he thought they shouldn't have changed it -- and now we know why. Interesting.

_______

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the backstory. I had listened to one of Earl's interviews and he had mentioned that they had changed the cue ball, and he thought they shouldn't have changed it -- and now we know why. Interesting.

_______
Earl complaining?? REALLY??? Say it ain't so.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Earl complaining?? REALLY??? Say it ain't so.

Earl was simply continuing his habit of being one of pool's "Guiding Lights", gently reminding everyone of propriety, custom and the proper way to look at things... and we should be grateful. :yeah:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl was simply continuing his habit of being one of pool's "Guiding Lights", gently reminding everyone of propriety, custom and the proper way to look at things... and we should be grateful. :yeah:
If i see an ad for "Pool Etiquette by Earl" dvd i'm gettin' my bug-out bag ready cause that would mean the end is near. ;)

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bergman said he played three matches with three different cue balls :eek:

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bergman said he played three matches with three different cue balls :eek:

Thats ridiculous. Trust me I love seeing the way match room treats pool. The arenas. Professional announcers. It’s great but can you imagine any other game or sport like that? If you want to take yourself to the next level it begins with consistency

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thats ridiculous. Trust me I love seeing the way match room treats pool. The arenas. Professional announcers. It’s great but can you imagine any other game or sport like that? If you want to take yourself to the next level it begins with consistency
Did you read the explanation above of why the wrong brand of balls was on the tables? I think MR handled the problem reasonably. Problems happen.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shipping delay/snafu. Have you ever run a tournament. of ANY size?? S^*t happens bro.

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shipping delay/snafu. Have you ever run a tournament. of ANY size?? S^*t happens bro.

Yep. Don’t care. It’s a professional tournament. Do you think the us open tennis tournament has to run to Walmart to pick up cheap tennis balls because someone forgot to bring them ? The balls are kind of important in pool

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

And yes.. to your question I have. A monthly tournament and 1 week I did forget the red circle cue balls and I ran my ass back home and got them because for my players that expect to play with a red circle I wasnt going to have them playing with the valley ball. Does shit happen ... sure. Don’t tell me they couldn’t have sent someone out to a local pool hall or billiard supply house IN LAS VEGAS OF ALL PLACES and not get what you need. It’s about setting the expectations and being accountable. Someone.. probably not a player..didn’t care enough.