Book Finally Coming?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s a flat out lie, Lou.

Stan has explained this before on AZ and John can verify it and you’ve seen it as well.

Stan advised John about his time restrictions prior to his match. John had only days to work on the material after his lesson. John had a road schedule to keep to include the EXPO and John admittedly did very little practice concerning his lesson prior to the match. It would not have mattered anyway. There simply was not enough time to let the medicine work.

Connie Shuffett

No, that's not what happened.

And here's the problem with your version: JB had been using CTE, and later Pro1, for years. He made and posted dozens of youtube videos telling the world how wonderful it was. Then weeks before our match he got 15 hours of personal instruction from Stan.

IOWs, he was not starting from scratch, but with years and years of using the system under his belt. (If you listen carefully to whatever copy of the match is still floating out there in cyberspace you can hear John crow about the wondrous virtues of the system when he hits a couple of shots.) When he visited Stan at your home John was just getting the finishing touches to years of experience with your aiming system. And then, after he lost, all this baloney started coming out about not enough time, using his own version -- not Stan's version, blah, blah, blah. John was totally disavowed and thrown under the Pro1 bus by Stan.

Which highlights another issue: if someone like JB -- a long time system user -- cannot learn and deploy the system after 15 hours of personal instruction from Stan himself, what chance does the average guy out there trying to learn from DVDs and a book have? I'll answer that for you: none.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

And here's the problem with your version: JB had been using CTE, and later Pro1, for years. He made and posted dozens of youtube videos telling the world how wonderful it was. Then weeks before our match he got 15 hours of personal instruction from Stan.

IOWs, he was not starting from scratch, but with years and years of using the system under his belt. (If you listen carefully to whatever copy of the match is still floating out there in cyberspace you can here John crow about the wondrous virtues of the system when he hits a couple of shots.) When he visited Stan at your home John was just getting the finishing touches to years of experience with your aiming system. And then, after he lost, all this baloney started coming out about not enough time, using his own version -- not Stan's version, blah, blah, blah. John was totally disavowed and throw under the Pro1 bus by Stan.

Which highlights another issue: if someone like JB -- a long time system user -- cannot learn and deploy the system after 15 hours of personal instruction from Stan himself, what chance does the average guy out there trying to learn from DVDs and a book have? I'll answer that for you: none.

Lou Figueroa

This is nothing but your spin. There has never been a student to pass through Stan’s door that did not get a warning that a lesson would not serve them well for something a few weeks or even a couple of months out.
John worked to learn PRO ONE over a couple of days and that’s was it. John went to the match using his version of CTE. John openly stated that he did NOT practice what Stan had taught him before the match. As Stan has said before there was not enough time anyway for putting the lesson in place.
You’re account is an outright lie.

John was a representative for aiming systems at the match and NOT for PRO ONE per se as if he were using it in a text book manner. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Connie Shuffett

Last edited:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is nothing but your spin. There has never been a student to pass through Stan’s door that did not get a warning that a lesson would not serve them well for something a few weeks or even a couple of months out.
John worked to learn PRO ONE over a couple of days and that’s was it. John went to the match using his version of CTE. John openly stated that he did NOT practice what Stan had taught him before the match. As Stan has said before there was not enough time anyway for putting the lesson in place.

Connie Shuffett
You can ask Stan, I am not a proponent of CTE, but I have never knocked the system, and have always been friendly with Stan, he even offered me a free lesson if I am ever in his area.

That said, I believe Stan and Lou's match was around 2014, there are many videos on John' youtube about CTE from years before their match.
So granted I wasn't a member at the time, I think Lou's account truthful and correct.

Maybe he wasn't uce CTE pro one, but all his videos from years before the match are titled CTE.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can ask Stan, I am not a proponent of CTE, but I have never knocked the system, and have always been friendly with Stan, he even offered me a free lesson if I am ever in his area.

That said, I believe Stan and Lou's match was around 2014, there are many videos on John' youtube about CTE from years before their match.
So granted I wasn't a member at the time, I think Lou's account truthful and correct.

The problem with your assertion is that John used his version of CTE of which there are many. Just because someone touts CTE does not mean it’s Stan’s/Hal’s version. John was well grounded and fluent with his version . That’s the issue. John did not use PRO ONE in that match. John did not have enough time to put PRO ONE into his subconscious and he certainly did not paralyze himself with working on PRO ONE during the match. John resorted to what he knew as CTE and to think otherwise is plum silly.

Connie Shuffett

Last edited:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The problem with your assertion is that John used his version of CTE of which there are many. Just because someone touts CTE does not mean it’s Stan’s/Hal’s version. John was well grounded and fluent with his version . That’s the issue. John did not use PRO ONE in that match. John did not have enough time to put PRO ONE into his subconscious and he certainly did not paralyze himself with working on PRO ONE during the match. John resorted to what he knew as CTE and to think otherwise is plum silly.

Connie Shuffett

You should watch some of John's early videos, he was talking about hal houle's CTE (spelling), long before their match.

Not knocking John, Hal, Stan or the system, just an observation from someone who has no horse in the race.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should watch some of John's early videos, he was talking about hal houle's CTE (spelling), long before their match.

Not knocking John, Hal, Stan or the system, just an observation from someone who has no horse in the race.

Stan is well aware of John’s CTE history. Hundreds of people, if not thousands, have taken stabs at Hal’s CTE over the years. What John used during that match was not bonafide Hal Houle CTE. That does not mean that John was not moving forward in his own study of the system. Bottom line: John wasn’t using Hal’s exact version or Stan’s understanding of Hal’s CTE at the time.

Connie Shuffett

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

John was a representative for aiming systems at the match and NOT for PRO ONE per se as if he were using it in a text book manner. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Connie Shuffett

"Nothing but spin... an outright lie... nothing further from the truth," lol.

Well, let's see.

At the time, JB complained about how his muscles ached because Stan had changed his set up to get on the right line for Pro1. He praised Stan, and specifically his methods, for dramatically improving his game. It wasn't what John brought to the table, it was what Stan served him and later used in our match.

From February 2014:

JB Cases said:
…my execution has increased at least a ball or two during the past 15+ hours at Stan Shuffett's house.

JB Cases said:
I actually feel sad for folks like you who think that this is just some sort of hocus pocus. I am about to play a match against a guy for $10,000 because he decided to bully me with this very attitude 12 years ago. I am going to rob him on camera in front of 2000 people on the net and a live audience. How am I going to rob him? Simply because I have the key to making shots now, an extremely accurate key. A key created by Hal Houle and further refined by Stan Shuffett that adds hundreds of more shots to my arsenal that I can now consistently make.

Does this require practice? Of course it does. Does it require a disciplined approach? Of course it does. My muscles ache right now from the new body positions I have to adopt to end up on the correct line[/I]. But the reward is the sweet sound of the ball hitting the back of the pocket and the sweet lie of the ball on banking where if it doesn't go it lays right in the small half diamond square which is what all one pocket players want. For one pocket especially Stan's methods are the nuts.

And then later, just as you are doing now, Stan threw JB under the bus disavowing that John was using Stan's system.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well, let's see.

At the time, JB complained about how his muscles ached because Stan had changed his set up to get on the right line for Pro1. He praised Stan, and specifically his methods, for dramatically improving his game. It wasn't what John brought to the table, it was what Stan served him and later used in our match.

From February 2014:

And then later, just as you are doing now, Stan threw JB under the bus disavowing that John was using Stan's system.

Lou Figueroa

Stan just speaks the truth about what actually happened.
You are nothing but a spin artist. The truth does not suit your purposes.

You wouldn’t dare undertake a new aiming system a couple of weeks out from an event.
You know what that’d do to anyone’s game.
Stan forewarned John during a phone conversation about taking on a new system so close to the match, but John insisted on the lesson just the same.

Perhaps John will see this thread and chime in.

Connie Shuffett

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well, let's see.

From February 2014:

Lou Figueroa

John went to New Orleans and the Expo after his lesson. John said he was not able to practice PRO ONE leading into the match.

Are you so ignorant that you think people in the know believe that John had PRO ONE down for the match? Or do you think you can spin that so people buy it?

Connie Shuffett

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
John went to New Orleans and the Expo after his lesson. John said he was not able to practice PRO ONE leading into the match.

Are you so ignorant that you think people in the know believe that John had PRO ONE down for the match? Or do you think you can spin that so people buy it?

Connie Shuffett

John Barton claimed to have had CTE down, the manual pivot method. Pro1 is supposed to provide the same results. Seems logical that if you have the manual pivot method working, you certainly wouldn't keep missing shots simply because you wanted to try Pro1, not for 10k. For 10k you will stick with what you know best, with the method that works the best for you, or the method you claim works best for you. Anyway, that match was quite revealing. But it could've been nerves that caused so many missed shots. Everyone gets nervous, and that can cause poor performance.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Barton claimed to have had CTE down, the manual pivot method. Pro1 is supposed to provide the same results. Seems logical that if you have the manual pivot method working, you certainly wouldn't keep missing shots simply because you wanted to try Pro1, not for 10k. For 10k you will stick with what you know best, with the method that works the best for you, or the method you claim works best for you. Anyway, that match was quite revealing. But it could've been nerves that caused so many missed shots. Everyone gets nervous, and that can cause poor performance.

Exactly! John stuck to what he knew, but in all honesty he probably got crossed up a bit because of his recent PRO ONE lesson that likely reared it’s head from time to time.

John had his version of manual CTE down to some degree. What Stan taught and what John had down was not the same.

Manual CTE and PRO ONE are night and day in how they are applied. Two totally different CTE PRO ONE approaches that yield the same shot line.

Lou had a huge advantage on that match skill-wise going in. Even at that, John made a good match out of it.

Lou was a 100 ball runner and a seasoned one pocket player. John showed a lot of heart taking that super tough match. If the shoes were reversed skill-wise, you could not have gotten Lou to the table with a gun to his head.

Connie Shuffett

Last edited:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you so ignorant...

Connie Shuffett

I mean, might as well just have Stan post, you both aren't the best representative of CTE, get someone with a calm, cool head. No offense, just my .02cents. This coming from someone who has never said a negative thing about CTE and am looking forward to the book.

And honestly, there are like 10-15 people that talk about CTE on here, and probably2/3rds of those people are against it, so not even sure how worth your time it is to post on here until the actual book is released.
Unless you enjoy arguing with the folk on here, then carry on by all means.

Last edited:

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Believe what you want. I agreed to post for Stan for a few days. I told Stan a few months back that once the editing phase is complete that I would post for a few days only. My time here for now is about over. Stan wanted my help for tying up a few loose ends.

There is no estimate available for book release. It’s book design and then it’s all headed to a publishing company.

Connie Shuffett

Connie,

Will it be ready by Christmas? You've gotta give us something to hope for. I mean, have a heart. Think about poor Ol' Santa.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I mean, might as well just have Stan post, you both aren't the best representative of CTE, get someone with a calm, cool head. No offense, just my .02cents. This coming from someone who has never said a negative thing about CTE and am looking forward to the book.

I will say this, though. Connie did say she was posting at Stan's direction, essentially, in the first post by justcueit. If what Connie said is true, and Stan is texting in messages, then she should simply have signed Stan's name to the posts and reduced confusion. But, then again, when has Stan ever reduced confusion? Doesn't really matter at this point as we know it is Stan's text for the most part. Joe Biden would be jealous of Connie.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Exactly! John stuck to what he knew, but in all honesty he probably got crossed up a bit because of his recent PRO ONE lesson that likely reared it’s head from time to time.

John had his version of manual CTE down to some degree. What Stan taught and what John had down was not the same.

Manual CTE and PRO ONE are night and day in how they are applied. Two totally different CTE PRO ONE approaches that yield the same shot line.

Lou had a huge advantage on that match skill-wise going in. Even at that, John made a good match out of it.

Lou was a 100 ball runner and a seasoned one pocket player. John showed a lot of heart taking that super tough match. If the shoes were reversed skill-wise, you could not have gotten Lou to the table with a gun to his head.

Connie Shuffett

I agree with all of this except the night and day difference between manual cte and pro1. They both use the same visual perceptions, captured the same way, and are rooted in that halftip offset from the fixed cb. Stan has said many times that the only difference is either to pivot manually onto the shot line or follow your eyes and sweep onto the line. Other than that, its the same setup, same steps. But yes, too much info bouncing around in a player's head, especially something new you aren't quite familiar with, can sabotage your performance quite easily. And I do believe Lou, being a smarter and more seasoned player, wouldn't have stepped into the match if he had been the underdog.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back to the original question. When is the book coming out? Let's do some reasoning. We know the book publisher is largely in control of the release date and we know that Stan couldn't possibly in a million years have asked the publisher what their best estimate of a release date could be, so maybe we can make some reasonable assumptions:

Here's a list of possible minimum and maximum time frames for release. Which seems most likely?

Minimum - Maximum
1 week - 10 years
1 month - 8 years
6 months - 6 years
9 months - 4 years
9 months - 2 years
6 months - 1.5 years

Gotta go with the last one, but then again that's what Bob Nunley thought 3 years ago.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

IOWs, he was not starting from scratch, but with years and years of using the system under his belt. (If you listen carefully to whatever copy of the match is still floating out there in cyberspace you can hear John crow about the wondrous virtues of the system when he hits a couple of shots.) When he visited Stan at your home John was just getting the finishing touches to years of experience with your aiming system. And then, after he lost, all this baloney started coming out about not enough time, using his own version -- not Stan's version, blah, blah, blah. John was totally disavowed and thrown under the Pro1 bus by Stan.

Lou Figueroa

Lou has it right, from my recollection. I remember Stan throwing JB under the bus and I couldn't believe it. Equally shocking was when JB said he was never really any good at CTE, or something close to that.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou has it right, from my recollection. I remember Stan throwing JB under the bus and I couldn't believe it. Equally shocking was when JB said he was never really any good at CTE, or something close to that.

Spin it all you want. Everyone can decide on their own who’s telling the truth.
You and the gang are expected to spin and twist and lie when necessary to discredit CTE. Bunch of miserable sorts.

Connie Shuffett

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with all of this except the night and day difference between manual cte and pro1. They both use the same visual perceptions, captured the same way, and are rooted in that halftip offset from the fixed cb. Stan has said many times that the only difference is either to pivot manually onto the shot line or follow your eyes and sweep onto the line. Other than that, its the same setup, same steps. But yes, too much info bouncing around in a player's head, especially something new you aren't quite familiar with, can sabotage your performance quite easily. And I do believe Lou, being a smarter and more seasoned player, wouldn't have stepped into the match if he had been the underdog.

Nope!
The visual skills necessary for one are totally different for the other. You have no chance of explaining how one’s vision works for each approach. It’s night and day. Stan’s Truth Series will back that up.

Connie Shuffett