Reload this Page Incident at the pool room
Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Incident at the pool room
Old
  (#1)
briankenobi
AzB Silver Member
briankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Incident at the pool room - 01-13-2020, 07:34 AM

I want to get some feedback from you all. This happened at my home pool room last night.

So a guy we all know came in who has an attitude. He likes to pick at people and shark them and boast about his game, even though he isn't the best player. Think Earl with a fraction of the game. So the pool room had just cleaned all the balls for all the tables just an hour before he got there. So this guy comes in and the guy working at the time asked him if he wanted to be put on time or use quarters. (7 ft diamonds) He replied "Don't know yet." The attendant had just locked the table since he was done practicing. Our guy proceeded to use the object balls as cue balls for a few minutes so he didn't have to pay anything. One of the guys who helped clean all the balls (6 tables worth) came up and grabbed a ball to clean it off and said "hey man, we just cleaned all of these" and dropped it in the pocket. The guy packed up his cue and left and then went to social media to complain about it and say he was disrespected.

Personally I think he was disrespecting the pool room by not paying for the pool and using the newly cleaned object balls as cue balls just so he wouldn't have to pay.

What do you all think?

Playing Cue: McDermott G903, I3 Shaft, Navigator Black Super Soft tip for regular pool. I2 Shaft with Navigator Black soft tip for Artistic Pool
Break Cue: Stinger
Jump Cue: McDermott Big boy shaft with Jump Handle/ Marty Carey Jump Cue
Masse Cue: Too Tall Custom Cues Masse Cue

www.gospeltrickshot.org
http://www.mcdermottcue.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRC...yTfxDrlYmwMBOQ

Old
  (#2)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

01-13-2020, 07:41 AM

I've seen this type before.
Usually there's no changing him.
Have a talk and tell him what's up,maybe it will work.
Put up with it or ban him from the room.

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#3)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2020, 07:45 AM

garden variety asshat

3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"

Old
  (#4)
Ratamon
AzB Gold Member
Ratamon has a reputation beyond reputeRatamon has a reputation beyond reputeRatamon has a reputation beyond reputeRatamon has a reputation beyond reputeRatamon has a reputation beyond reputeRatamon has a reputation beyond reputeRatamon has a reputation beyond reputeRatamon has a reputation beyond reputeRatamon has a reputation beyond reputeRatamon has a reputation beyond reputeRatamon has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2020, 07:50 AM

There are always two sides to a story. If thatís all that happened, I think he was wrong for not paying for the table time. In my pool room an attendant/manager would turn the lights on if someone starts banging the balls around, and this is only fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
  (#5)
Island Drive
AzB Silver Member
Island Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2020, 07:57 AM

Welcome to a real pool room....

www.worldbilliardtour.com
Domain Name Only....

Bill Meacham

Old
  (#6)
briankenobi
AzB Silver Member
briankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2020, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratamon View Post
There are always two sides to a story. If thatís all that happened, I think he was wrong for not paying for the table time. In my pool room an attendant/manager would turn the lights on if someone starts banging the balls around, and this is only fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is what I was told. I left right before this happened to get food and then came back about an hour later and was told the story.

Playing Cue: McDermott G903, I3 Shaft, Navigator Black Super Soft tip for regular pool. I2 Shaft with Navigator Black soft tip for Artistic Pool

www.gospeltrickshot.org

Old
  (#7)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2020, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankenobi View Post
I want to get some feedback from you all. This happened at my home pool room last night.

So a guy we all know came in who has an attitude. He likes to pick at people and shark them and boast about his game, even though he isn't the best player. Think Earl with a fraction of the game. So the pool room had just cleaned all the balls for all the tables just an hour before he got there. So this guy comes in and the guy working at the time asked him if he wanted to be put on time or use quarters. (7 ft diamonds) He replied "Don't know yet." The attendant had just locked the table since he was done practicing. Our guy proceeded to use the object balls as cue balls for a few minutes so he didn't have to pay anything. One of the guys who helped clean all the balls (6 tables worth) came up and grabbed a ball to clean it off and said "hey man, we just cleaned all of these" and dropped it in the pocket. The guy packed up his cue and left and then went to social media to complain about it and say he was disrespected.

Personally I think he was disrespecting the pool room by not paying for the pool and using the newly cleaned object balls as cue balls just so he wouldn't have to pay.

What do you all think?
Me?? I'd throw his whiny *****-ass out. No need to put up with that crap.

Old
  (#8)
Pete
AzB Silver Member
Pete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2020, 08:12 AM

The room needs to ask themselves if he is a "valued customer" or not. If he pays the bills (table time) regularly then what can they do. In this day and age Pool needs every cent it can get. Not sure why the object balls on a coin op table (freshly cleaned) were just left there.

Old
  (#9)
Island Drive
AzB Silver Member
Island Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2020, 08:18 AM

Quote:

What do you all think?

I learned long ago, it never helps to run customers off in the long run, usually. Me, I might of tossed em a damp/clean bar rag to have em clean up. He's just doing his thing. The rag thing....will catch em off guard, he might even laugh. Me, I might also of got em a cue ball, I used to play at the large bar table events, and would hawk tables that just had finished up, to hit some free balls that were left remaining on the play surface or inside the box area.

www.worldbilliardtour.com
Domain Name Only....

Bill Meacham

Old
  (#10)
briankenobi
AzB Silver Member

01-13-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
The room needs to ask themselves if he is a "valued customer" or not. If he pays the bills (table time) regularly then what can they do. In this day and age Pool needs every cent it can get. Not sure why the object balls on a coin op table (freshly cleaned) were just left there.
The attendant was practicing on that table earlier while it was open. My guess is that they forgot to put the balls down when they locked the table.

www.gospeltrickshot.org

Old
  (#11)
eastcoast_chris
AzB Silver Member
eastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond reputeeastcoast_chris has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2020, 08:28 AM

I get mad at Anyone who ever hits an object ball with their cue.

Sometime the people don't know any better, but often they do and are just being inconsiderate.

I would have been happy the guy left.

HOURS PER WEEK YOU PLAY POOL: 12-15
CUES: Adam Classic Cue/OB-1 Shaft, OB Break Cue/OB Break Shaft, Bunjee for Jumping
BEVERAGE of CHOICE: Keiths or Olands at night, Coke Zero in the daytime

Old
  (#12)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
01-13-2020, 08:32 AM

Quote:
The attendant was practicing on that table earlier while it was open. My guess is that they forgot to put the balls down when they locked the table.
You don't want people doing that, don't furnish the opportunity for them to do that.

Was the employee who left the balls accessable not also responsible?

All that said, on the worldly scale of evils, it is of minor measure. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Old
  (#13)
jtompilot
AzB Silver Member
jtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2020, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast_chris View Post
I get mad at Anyone who ever hits an object ball with their cue.

Sometime the people don't know any better, but often they do and are just being inconsiderate.

I would have been happy the guy left.
Iíve seen lots of people practice using object balls. I even do it often. Donít be mad at me

Old
  (#14)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-13-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
You don't want people doing that, don't furnish the opportunity for them to do that.

All that said, on the worldly scale of evils, it is of minor measure. Don't sweat the small stuff.
If you were the owner and the guy had just trashed your pool hall on social media how would you handle it? Would you say anything to the customer? What would you say to your employee?

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#15)
briankenobi
AzB Silver Member

01-13-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post

I agree with you and do feel that not getting the balls of the table immediately after he was are done helped this situation to happen.

Thank you for all the comments so far. I knew I would get an unbiased response from everyone.

www.gospeltrickshot.org

Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: