Sterling wave 2x3

Status
Not open for further replies.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
I googled a little. You might want to check this page out.
http://www.importgenius.com/suppliers/yinoyi-enterprises-ltd

Apparently they are made in Taiwan by Yinoyi Enterprises. More precisely, Yinoyi was exporting pool cues to KC Industries in 2006.

Rich say ain't so!!!:D

I doubt he will respond, he doesn't have anything to say when he is proven wrong, kinda sad actually.:(

Thanks for clearing this up for the forum and have a great day Sir.

cfrandy

AKA: The Road Runner
Silver Member
Rich say ain't so!!!:D

I doubt he will respond, he doesn't have anything to say when he is proven wrong, kinda sad actually.:(

Thanks for clearing this up for the forum and have a great day Sir.

Craig, are you really that lazy and stupid to let someone else do your research?

Hmmmm, the US Customs database has revealed that KC Cues imported Cues, or possibly cue parts, from Taiwan ONCE in 16 years. How many times did the 175 other billiard companies order imports? Companies such as Schon, Pechauer, Tad, Olhausen, Brunswick...they are are in the database too!
Just because a company orders cues or parts from overseas ONCE in 16 years does NOT mean they do not manufacture cues in the US today! Especially since the last import in the US Customs database occurred over 5 years ago!

Why do you folks go out of your way to be ignorant?

Oh that's right Mr Craig is Mr know it all! Except lately he seems to be wrong about most everything. Craig the similarities between this thread and the Scruggs thread is YOU are WRONG in your assumptions! You were also wrong about me responding to your stupidity. However, I will NO longer interfere with YOU making an ass out of yourself! Adios!

Last edited:

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Craig, are you really that lazy and stupid to let someone else do your research?

Hmmmm, the US Customs database has revealed that KC Cues imported Cues, or possibly cue parts, from Taiwan ONCE in 16 years. How many times did the 175 other billiard companies order imports? Companies such as Schon, Pechauer, Tad, Olhausen, Brunswick...they are are in the database too!
Just because a company orders cues or parts from overseas ONCE in 16 years does NOT mean they do not manufacture cues in the US today! Especially since the last import in the US Customs database occurred over 5 years ago!

Why do you folks go out of your way to be ignorant?

Oh that's right Mr Craig is Mr know it all! Except lately he seems to be wrong about most everything. Craig the similarities between this thread and the Scruggs thread is YOU are WRONG in your assumptions! You were also wrong about me responding to your stupidity. However, I will NO longer interfere with YOU making an ass out of yourself! Adios!

Please again there is no need to get disrespectful, calling people stupid and such. I did the only research I needed to do I bought one of the cues like I said above and took it apart, what better form of research is there.

You really need to grow up and stand up like an adult and admit when you are wrong, you will feel better about it in the morning.

If I were vindictive you could be banned for your comments above, but I will not report you if nothing else your good to laugh at!!!!!!:D Before you start trash talking in the future I would suggest you read the forum rules concerning disrespectful remarks if you can't find it I will post a link.

Have a great night my little Road Runner!!!!:thumbup:

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Please again there is no need to get disrespectful, calling people stupid and such. I did the only research I needed to do I bought one of the cues like I said above and took it apart, what better form of research is there.

You really need to grow up and stand up like an adult and admit when you are wrong, you will feel better about it in the morning.

If I were vindictive you could be banned for your comments above, but I will not report you if nothing else your good to laugh at!!!!!!:D Before you start trash talking in the future I would suggest you read the forum rules concerning disrespectful remarks if you can't find it I will post a link.

Have a great night my little Road Runner!!!!:thumbup:

Stay calm Craig. It's all good. Let's drop it. Obviously KC Cues isn't proud enough of their American operation to show everyone their cue making facility in Fremont as most other American cue makers like to do. It's all good. You know what you know, I know what I know and if we had to bet then I am pretty confident that we'd be as close to a sure thing as is possible to get when betting. But in the grand scheme of things it's best to just let it go.

It's the old adage about horses and water. Universal truths like that are timeless for a reason.

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Sorry guys to act out the Swiss here, but when someone buys a product they're convinced is defective, yet doesn't care enough to send it back to the factory, ask for a replacement or repair, or their money back, in a worst case scenario file a complaint, but whose only known interest lies in making a rant of things in public, what does that tell us? :confused:

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
For those that would like to know how this has gone:

Sterling offered to take the case back and inspect it.

Matt Carter, the GM at Sterling, offered to pay the shipping and send a label.

Later Matt offered a full refund unconditionally if we get the case back.

Monstermash has refused to allow Sterling to get this case to verify his claims.

I asked MM to provide top down pictures of the case empty and full. He has refused.

This is the thread http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=3073140#post3073140

Lastly I have made several videos covering this incident in an attempt to reconstruct the situation as best I could using Monstermash's statements.

They are here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXxYRLKX5Q0&feature=related

and here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpZnlxVyWLE

At this point it is my conclusion that this claim is bogus and that no cues were harmed by the proper use of this case. Of course we do not have the case and so there is always the possibility that this particular case has a defect which somehow allows the shafts to touch. But it is our contention that even if such touching were present then it would not be enough to harm the finish.

We will happy to revisit this issue at some point in the future should the actual case be presented to us for inspection.

Until then we consider the matter closed and I personally deny the claim based on a lack of evidence.

XxMerlinxX

Pleased As Punch
Gold Member
Silver Member
Roadie, Manwon, or you have yet to show me ANY proof that KC Cues are manufactured in China! In fact, no one has been able to offer any proof.

I've been able to find records from 2006 and 2007 of cues being imported from Yinoyi Enterprises Inc. out of the port of Kaohsiung and being sent to KC Industries. Not parts, but actual cue sticks. The contact person is a Mr. Jim Shao, who also lives at the listed business address, which happens to be a small house in a Fremont suburb and not any sort of actual business/warehouse. The cues look and feel like imports, have a record of being imported, were sent to an address that's not an actual business, by a company listed on many chinese import sites.... But you're right, I'm sure Mr. Shao makes all of these cues himself out of his 2 bedroom house in Fremont. :grin:

Monstermash

Lock Ness Monster
Silver Member
Barton, do us all a favor and just shut up.

I don't need to cater to you by going out of my way to prove anything to you other than the photos I already posted. The photos CLEARLY show the jp's touching. Ok? Get it?

There are many people here who are just sick of your crap. I am number one on this list right now. I am very sick of you calling me a liar etc.

For the last time, your case is a piece of crap. It's made in china so it's not a surprise. Get over yourself and stay out of my business. I wrote a factual review and posted clear photos to back up my claim. Then in your typical fashion and fanfare you make a bunch of videos of a SIMILAR case (not the actual case that caused the damage) to make a point that you feel I have lied about the case damaging a cue. You have ZERO proof that it didn't and I have all the proof I need, photos.

I almost can't believe I have had to explain this to you AGAIN! Oh wait, yes I can believe it. You never pay attention and even if you do actully look at the photos you just type another 5000 words trying to make yourself feel vindicated. Well here's a news flash, you'll never be vindicated in anyone's eyes but your own. No one except a few people who actully like you ( I have no idea why) are the only ones backing you up here. Even Matt Carter hasn't bothered to reply after starting a thread regarding the problem in the main forum.

Answer me this smart guy, what is the difference between the photos I posted and the ones you want me to take from straight down other than you know I won't cater to you and provide the photo? Because you know I won't do anything to help you get your own way you have asked for different photos that what I have provided acting like there is going to be some revelation if I take a photo from directly above the case.

You and I and the rest of the forum already know nothing is going to change if I take those photos. The only thing that's going to happen is I risk damaging another cue by this POS case.

Monstermash

Lock Ness Monster
Silver Member
For those that would like to know how this has gone:

Sterling offered to take the case back and inspect it.

Matt Carter, the GM at Sterling, offered to pay the shipping and send a label.

Later Matt offered a full refund unconditionally if we get the case back.

Monstermash has refused to allow Sterling to get this case to verify his claims.

I asked MM to provide top down pictures of the case empty and full. He has refused.

This is the thread http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=3073140#post3073140

Lastly I have made several videos covering this incident in an attempt to reconstruct the situation as best I could using Monstermash's statements.

They are here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXxYRLKX5Q0&feature=related

and here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpZnlxVyWLE

At this point it is my conclusion that this claim is bogus and that no cues were harmed by the proper use of this case. Of course we do not have the case and so there is always the possibility that this particular case has a defect which somehow allows the shafts to touch. But it is our contention that even if such touching were present then it would not be enough to harm the finish.

We will happy to revisit this issue at some point in the future should the actual case be presented to us for inspection.

Until then we consider the matter closed and I personally deny the claim based on a lack of evidence.

Ok genius, what is Stacie going to use for a case while this POS gets shipped back to Sterling? Maybe she should just lean her cues against the wall until the whole thing is solved. She can also use a rubber band to hold them together when she goes out to play. That should offer about as much protection as the Sterling case.

BTW, the reason we're not sending the case back is because once we find a case that she likes (and we make sure you have zero affiliation with) I plan on pouring lighter fluid all over the Sterling and lighting it on fire. I will make sure to do a Barton style video and post a link to it here. That will be so much more satisfying.

One last thing, I'm now putting you on my ignore list permanently. There is nothing worse than reading all this drivel you type. You keep saying that you don't need the business and that by Randy not wanting one of your cases then there's a shorter wait list ect. If thats the case, why do you constantly keep typing in these threads? I'll tell you why. Because you're just insecure and feel the need to try and put everyone else down to try and make yourself look better. The problem is you just keep making yourself look worse and worse everytime you open your mouth.

Now go ahead and type another big long response because I wont be able to read it.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Barton, do us all a favor and just shut up.

I don't need to cater to you by going out of my way to prove anything to you other than the photos I already posted. The photos CLEARLY show the jp's touching. Ok? Get it?

No I don't get it. If I did then I wouldn't have spent all the time reconstructing your story. Apparently you are afraid to simply post ou some top down pictures. I guess the extra ten minutes to REALLY prove me wrong are just ten minutes too much for you.

There are many people here who are just sick of your crap. I am number one on this list right now. I am very sick of you calling me a liar etc.

The easiest way to not be called a liar is not to lie. If you are so sick of me then post the top down photos and ship the case back. Until then your story is just a fairy tale.

For the last time, your case is a piece of crap. It's made in china so it's not a surprise. Get over yourself and stay out of my business. I wrote a factual review and posted clear photos to back up my claim. Then in your typical fashion and fanfare you make a bunch of videos of a SIMILAR case (not the actual case that caused the damage) to make a point that you feel I have lied about the case damaging a cue. You have ZERO proof that it didn't and I have all the proof I need, photos.

Gee, for some reason there are tons of reviews by other people that disagree with you. It's such a piece of crap that we stay sold out on them. Out of the thousands that are on the market YOU just happened to end up with the defective one. And you also just HAPPENED to have a major beef with me for the past two months.

You're right, I have zero direct proof that you are lying about the case you have in your hands. I do have circumstantial and forensic evidence that points out several flaws in your story though. The key to your statement above is SIMILAR case. So going through all the permutations which include only ONE layer of fabric and NO PADDING being used in the case you ended up with I still can't give your story any credibility.

Let me explain it to you more clearly. What you claim in your story and your angled pictures is nearly impossible if the case is loaded properly.

I almost can't believe I have had to explain this to you AGAIN! Oh wait, yes I can believe it. You never pay attention and even if you do actully look at the photos you just type another 5000 words trying to make yourself feel vindicated. Well here's a news flash, you'll never be vindicated in anyone's eyes but your own. No one except a few people who actully like you ( I have no idea why) are the only ones backing you up here. Even Matt Carter hasn't bothered to reply after starting a thread regarding the problem in the main forum.

Matt Carter replied to you with an offer of a full refund and offered to pay for the shipping.

Answer me this smart guy, what is the difference between the photos I posted and the ones you want me to take from straight down other than you know I won't cater to you and provide the photo? Because you know I won't do anything to help you get your own way you have asked for different photos that what I have provided acting like there is going to be some revelation if I take a photo from directly above the case.

Seriously? Does anyone else want to explain what an optical illusion is to this guy? A top down photo shows the exact position of the cues and the configuration of the case empty and full. Only a person with something to hide wouldn't want to show every one these shots.

You and I and the rest of the forum already know nothing is going to change if I take those photos. The only thing that's going to happen is I risk damaging another cue by this POS case.

Right. I think that the forum is pretty aware of who you are and what you are about. The only guy who stepped forward to vouch for you can't even figure out when he is being lied to about the origin of the cues he touts as the best ever.

You would think that if you are so pissed about being called a liar then you'd want to clear your name. I was certainly pissed about your "story" and went out of my way to check my work and my designs just to be sure.

But hey, thanks, because now I have some good vids up that further explain our designs and how far we go to protect cues.

And that reminds me that I need to update the blog to reflect how I busted your last assumption. Appreciate it.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Ok genius, what is Stacie going to use for a case while this POS gets shipped back to Sterling? Maybe she should just lean her cues against the wall until the whole thing is solved. She can also use a rubber band to hold them together when she goes out to play. That should offer about as much protection as the Sterling case.

Hmmm, it seems with all your anger that you would have already been shopping for a new case. Maybe you should let Stacie and Matt work it out. I bet that they could get it taken care so that Stacie is happy. Seems like YOU are the problem here.

BTW, the reason we're not sending the case back is because once we find a case that she likes (and we make sure you have zero affiliation with) I plan on pouring lighter fluid all over the Sterling and lighting it on fire. I will make sure to do a Barton style video and post a link to it here. That will be so much more satisfying.

It's your money to burn. You own the case and can do whatever you want with it. I will be happy to post that video on the blog entry for everyone to see. I might even make a bet with a friend that no such video shows up. You can't ever do a Barton style video though because a Barton video is about providing clarity and truth. Two things that you have a problem demonstrating.

One last thing, I'm now putting you on my ignore list permanently.

Awesome. I don't plan on doing the same to you though because it's cheap fun to use your nonsense as a backdrop to reassure customers how much we care about them. Stacie is more than welcome to deal with us and have all the money refunded. I bet deep down she is bummed that you have to be such a _________ about it.

There is nothing worse than reading all this drivel you type.

Except when you have to read my drivel in the knowledge that you are wrong. It's like the Chinese water torture on your psyche to have to be called a liar and be completely unable to prove otherwise.

You keep saying that you don't need the business and that by Randy not wanting one of your cases then there's a shorter wait list ect. If thats the case, why do you constantly keep typing in these threads? I'll tell you why. Because you're just insecure and feel the need to try and put everyone else down to try and make yourself look better. The problem is you just keep making yourself look worse and worse everytime you open your mouth.

LOL. You don't get it do you? Neither you or your clueless flag-waving friend can affect my business by withholding your orders from me. The only possible effect you could have had is if I had allowed your lies to sit there without rebuttal. Then it would have been possible that potential customers might have decided against a Sterling or JB case based on your "story".

However now that they can read how both Sterling and myself have gone above and beyond to not only take care of Stacie and also to double check our products I am sure that we emerge even stronger in their estimation.

And if by some miracle you ever actually do provide the case for inspection and it's deemed to be defective and that it could have contributed to damage on a cue then I will personally apologize to you and the billiard community and pledge that it won't ever happen again.

Now go ahead and type another big long response because I wont be able to read it.

Done. Sorry you can't handle the detail of my responses. They mirror the attention to detail we put into all of cases.

mistamikel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Umm can you send it to me?? I could use a case. I mean really no jokes,
I am in need of a case and wouldnt mind buying the case from you. LMK

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Umm can you send it to me?? I could use a case. I mean really no jokes,
I am in need of a case and wouldnt mind buying the case from you. LMK

Let me take care of MM's response. He will say that he is saving your cues and everyone else's cues from being damaged by burning it rather than selling it.

We already offered him a full 100% refund for the case and even offered to pay for shipping on top of that.

He wants to spend $130 not to be proven wrong. As long as he can hold onto the case and until he destroys it he can cling to the fairy tale he has made up here and convince himself that he is right. He knows that allowing anyone else to see the case or posting top down pictures would shatter the story.

Last edited:

dom_poppa

Banned
I am in need of a case and it's very unfortunate to see the events that happened but it has made me more confident in Sterling.

They stand by their products and was very gracious in offering MM his money back.

MM is doing a disservice to the pool community. If this design is flawed, he should really send it back for inspection, so Barton can fix what's wrong. If indeed the story is true.

P.S. If the Sterling case was that bad then why would his wife still be using it? You would think it would have been in the fireplace by now.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
I respectfully apologise for my mistake!!

Must be getting old!!

Last edited:

mistamikel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I will be the test subject for a case lol, I love that case so if any one wants to send me one Im in lol..... ya I know not gonna happen lol

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Ok genius, what is Stacie going to use for a case while this POS gets shipped back to Sterling?

All right, we've all been following this for as long as it took or takes, and while this may be none of my business, note you've just admitted you couldn't care less about your girlfriend's cues because you prefer her to store and transport them in a case you claim to be defective.

Maybe she should just lean her cues against the wall until the whole thing is solved. She can also use a rubber band to hold them together when she goes out to play. That should offer about as much protection as the Sterling case.

Thus the above is irrelevant - it's YOU who doesn't care, after all!

BTW, the reason we're not sending the case back is because once we find a case that she likes (and we make sure you have zero affiliation with) I plan on pouring lighter fluid all over the Sterling and lighting it on fire.

Thus destroy the only evidence? Smart!

Now, as to the number of words either you or John have typed on this subject, one must wonder if you're getting paid for badmouthing, because there is absolutely no way that you couldn't have sent a defective case to the factory and got a replacement for it (provided your claim holds water) in less time than it took you to type all this.

Oh, and please feel free to call me anything you like, I'm a patient foil for nonsense - after all, I've been reading through all this…

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
20080202231407!Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Clark_the_Shark

Has 9-Ball-itis
Silver Member
I have looked through this thread, and my criteria for performing reviews was more or less followed by the original poster, however, since the original post, it has gotten out of hand. For that reason, I have no choice but to lock the thread. However, I see no reason to move the thread to any other section, nor do I want to go through and delete any/all responses.

I hope this resolution will appease most.

Status
Not open for further replies.