WOW BIADO vs. PULPUL Biado forgot to call the 10 ball on the hill and lost

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exactly this. I just watched the complete Shane v Alcano match again,it was obvious to a blind man on a galloping horse where Shane was going with the 10 ball, and having Uncle Fester as a ref didn't help.Some people sell there integrity very cheaply.

Originally I thought the same thing but having seen the same ref let it slide in other matches and only enforce it when the opponent said something, I put the blame squarely on the tournament director who allowed non-standard rules to be used and to a lesser extent Alcano and Paopao.

Having said that most Americans have no idea what poverty in the P I is like. If I was living in that dog eat dog environment I may have done the same thing as Alcano and Papao.

smoooothstroke

JerLaw
Silver Member
Sillyness IMO!

To me the only reason to have call shot or call the game ball l(pocket) is to prevent winning on a missed ball going in another pocket.I don't think you should ever have to call such an obvious pocket.This is goofy,whats next,mark your pocket like APA 8ball ?

:eek::eek:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Originally I thought the same thing but having seen the same ref let it slide in other matches and only enforce it when the opponent said something, I put the blame squarely on the tournament director who allowed non-standard rules to be used and to a lesser extent Alcano and Paopao.

Having said that most Americans have no idea what poverty in the P I is like. If I was living in that dog eat dog environment I may have done the same thing as Alcano and Papao.

A very honest statement.............

JoeyA

thewhiffer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Tap, tap, tap

Well said

sheffield6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Excellent point,....... their Country,their competition,their rules,their ethics.
Just 2 things I'd like to add,
1. Im sure Efren wouldn't have done it.
2. I'd loved to have seen them pull that stunt on Earl.

lost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Very true. I'd imagine the Filipinos may wonder about (and possibly resent) people who come from rich countries (with better career options) that show up in their poverty stricken 3rd world country to play in pool tournaments anyway. It has to be somewhat awkward.
Most "western" middle-aged single men (or older) that heads over there is at least suspected of looking for something besides pool rooms. That's pretty obvious.

chambalero

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excellent point,....... their Country,their competition,their rules,their ethics.
Just 2 things I'd like to add,
1. Im sure Efren wouldn't have done it.
2. I'd loved to have seen them pull that stunt on Earl.

earl is a joke there. especially to what he did in 2002 to busty. people watch earl to taunt him and set him off. people like seeing him lose it.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
in tournaments rules have to be enforced. an example is= if other matches are yet to be played and the player or ref. doesnt call a foul just because it is a technicality. then it may lead to the wrong player going forward. which can be detrimental to the remaining players chances.

in tournaments what happens in one match effects all the others left to play.

bad rules should be changed before the tournament starts.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
wait???

Very true. I'd imagine the Filipinos may wonder about (and possibly resent) people who come from rich countries (with better career options) that show up in their poverty stricken 3rd world country to play in pool tournaments anyway. It has to be somewhat awkward.
Most "western" middle-aged single men (or older) that heads over there is at least suspected of looking for something besides pool rooms. That's pretty obvious.

so now all western 40 and overs are whore mongers???When did this happen

Jaden <-----Never been with a whore and don't plan on it.

ARCHY2

Registered
AND what a great celebration. DUHHHH More boolshooters class acts. Very low on the totem pole.

ARCHY2

frigopie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a shame buts it's what pool has become. It started years ago with many people crying about the luck factor in 9 ball. Then someone invents 10 ball to change the dynamics of the break in nine ball, then the stupidest rule I ever heard which if you miss a shot & didn't call a safety & your opponent is hooked he can give it back supposedly to eliminate luck. That rule blows my mind. In high caliber players you shoot at a ball to pocket it & get shape on the next ball. So if the ball jaws & your perfectly in line on the next ball but hooked from ball that jawed you can give it back!?!?! Supposedly to eliminate luck, you should feel lucky I missed. It's just ridiculous. Then the called case ball, again supposedly to eliminate luck. Well this tournament displayed numerous instances of this being the exact opposite
result of the reason for the rule. SVB, Bustamante, Reyes & Biado all lost games in this tournament for failure to call the 10 ball, Biado lost the match over this rule that supposedly eliminates luck when in fact all of the aforementioned players opponents won those games through the luck of their opponent not calling the 10 ball, Biados opponent won the match through luck.

With A+ caliber through pro level players just exactly how often is a ball slopped in? Maybe once every 50-100 racks, it's not really a factor once you reach a certain level of proficiency in this game. In fact it seems far more games & sometimes matches such as this are lost to LUCK of someone forgetting to call a hanger. It's just ponderous.

Rotation games were played forever without all of this nonsense that has developed over the last 15 years in ridiculous rule changes in 9 ball regarding the break, where balls are racked, etc etc. then someone invents 10 ball with all of its ridiculous rules & all of these things have done the exact opposite of what was intended. As far as those that quote the "WPA RULES", well quite frankly f*ck the WPA. All of these things have ruined rotation pool & turned it into something it was never meant to be. To those that defend all the ridiculous changes citing elimination of luck well you're probably a banger. As I said above, once you reach a certain level of play slopping in balls is such a rare occurrence it's negligible. Maybe it happens a lot on banger league nights, but not in elite play.

OMG! :facepalm:

Texdance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A good tournament turned into a joke because of Simon Says rules!! What a travesty!!

In an important league game of 8-ball I was being beaten by one of the best bar table players in the region. No shame to lose to that guy, he got out from everywhere. I got a shot, but did not run out.

The he takes his sweet time lining up on the 8, though it was a straight in shot in the corner pocket, from two feet away.

He made the ball and the crowd was dead silent.

Either I, or a team captain, or the referee quietly said 'foul', because in all the time he spent lining up the 8 he never called the pocket by word or marker.

Crap, how bad did I feel 'winning' like that? Real bad.

There was no jumping up and down or unsportsmanlike behavior, just that quiet, almost sad "foul" call. Even the guy knew he had screwed up, and probably felt pretty bad.

I've never felt so low when winning a game in my life, before or since.

It was a team win and the captain did not ask me to hand the game back. I had to accept the team 'win' though it was so bogus it hurt.

My opponent was a classy guy who did not get angry or try to blame me for calling the foul. Maybe he appreciated the low-key way it was called, and the fact that the game was being refereed meant everyone there knew it was a legal foul call, no matter how bogus it felt to everyone, winner or loser.