how are ya'll doing in league ?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am playing bad this week.

Lost 15-5 to a 4 last night in 9 ball.

Won 4-1 vs a 4 in 8 ball tonight but I was shooting bad though.

jojopiff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Team Won first 2 matches yesterday & play and play at 2pm today & need 2 more wins to get to Vegas.

I didn't play the first match & played the last match cause we only needed 2 points. So 25 balls for me vs 46 of my opponent. I "won" 25-6.

The team we're playing first today has an 8 so if he plays I'll match up with him. Otherwise I'm a timeout caller and beer getter.

Couple people on our team played great yesterday. Our best 4 won 18-2 & 14-6. Our 2 won 18-2, she'll be moving up to a 3 I'm almost sure, and she should.

Now it's single elimination. Of all the things APA does that I don't care for (but understand them all) the modified single elimination tournament is probably at the top of my "I don't like this" list.

I want the thrill of victory & have never made it to Vegas on a 23 team (been masters last 3-4 years) but I'm definitely going for masters (at the end of the tourney) and I think 9ball is at the beginning of the APA Nationals. Not sure I'm looking forward to 10 days out in Vegas again. I've been to BCA singles & teams the last 4-5 years and not doing that this year.

Gotta win 2 more matches still and that'll be tough...

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Team Won first 2 matches yesterday & play and play at 2pm today & need 2 more wins to get to Vegas.

I didn't play the first match & played the last match cause we only needed 2 points. So 25 balls for me vs 46 of my opponent. I "won" 25-6.

The team we're playing first today has an 8 so if he plays I'll match up with him. Otherwise I'm a timeout caller and beer getter.

Couple people on our team played great yesterday. Our best 4 won 18-2 & 14-6. Our 2 won 18-2, she'll be moving up to a 3 I'm almost sure, and she should.

Now it's single elimination. Of all the things APA does that I don't care for (but understand them all) the modified single elimination tournament is probably at the top of my "I don't like this" list.

I want the thrill of victory & have never made it to Vegas on a 23 team (been masters last 3-4 years) but I'm definitely going for masters (at the end of the tourney) and I think 9ball is at the beginning of the APA Nationals. Not sure I'm looking forward to 10 days out in Vegas again. I've been to BCA singles & teams the last 4-5 years and not doing that this year.

Gotta win 2 more matches still and that'll be tough...

Good luck to you and your team. Speaking of masters.

We had our masters team Vegas qualifier yesterday. In the 1st round I played the 3rd match and had to win 7-3 vs a 6 for our team to advance .i managed to win 5 racks before he won his 3rd.

Ironically I faced the exact same scenario the 2nd round. Needed to win 7-3 bs a 6 for us to advance. I managed to only win 3 this time .

Masters singles qualifier is being held today..i chose not to go because I was just wore out from being there all day yesterday and realm dont have a chance in hell of won in it anyway.. 5's aint supposed to win a masters single qualifier anyway.....did put 2-8's and a 6 out when I won the regional qualifier but that's handicapped format though

Surprisingly I played great yesterday....just not great enough to win lol

jojopiff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We qualified for Vegas! With some amazing sudden death wins. We were down 35-45 in sudden death and my wife won 19-1 to win us the semi-final match. Then, down 36-44 our 5 won 15-5 vs an 8 in the finals match to win 51-49. As I've never played in

As expected, I didn't play and our 2 went up to a 3. I wanted to play the last match as they had an 8 and I thought he would end up playing but with our 2 going up to a 3 and the way the match played out I couldn't play as it woulda put us over the 23 rule. My wife struggled the first day but she played great the second day.

So, if anyone else is going let me know as I'll be there for the whole tournament now.

ElLeon

Headshot
Silver Member
So, if anyone else is going let me know as I'll be there for the whole tournament now.

A great story of comebacks to make it to the Nationals!!!

Vegas will be pretty horrible to be at for 2+ weeks though. Hope you spend a few days sleeping by the pool or on a good buzz.

I'll see you down there during the 9-ball portion (look for the guy lounging by the pool)! :smile:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
We qualified for Vegas! With some amazing sudden death wins. We were down 35-45 in sudden death and my wife won 19-1 to win us the semi-final match. Then, down 36-44 our 5 won 15-5 vs an 8 in the finals match to win 51-49. As I've never played in

As expected, I didn't play and our 2 went up to a 3. I wanted to play the last match as they had an 8 and I thought he would end up playing but with our 2 going up to a 3 and the way the match played out I couldn't play as it woulda put us over the 23 rule. My wife struggled the first day but she played great the second day.

Congrats!!!!

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Nice work! Have fun...never been for APA in 20 years of trying!

be1163

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our 9-Ball Team played an excellent regional tournament this past weekend and won the spot to Vegas. The five of us played like a team should and when somebody lost the others picked them up. In each of the four matches we played, different people lost and different people won. I'm very proud to be part of such a great team.

I wish them all the best in Vegas as I wont be able to join them. My wife is also on the team and one of us must stay back to look after our daughter. It only makes sense for me to stay home, as my wife is a lower handicap and they will need her every round. If I was to go we would have to forfeit one match in each round we play due to not being able to meet the 23 rule.

There is always the fall singles which I will be playing in to try and win a spot to Vegas in both 8 & 9 ball.

Still really enjoying CPA/APA 8 Ball, 9 Ball and Masters. :)

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am still struggling playing low handicap players. A couple weeks ago, I absolutely destroyed a couple of APA 6 players in both 8 and 9 ball.

Last night I played a guy that obviously was a strong player, and I assumed he was a APA 6 or 7. Nobody on my team wanted to play him (they knew him, I didnt). Screw him, Ill play him.

He won the flip and broke dry and I ran out. I broke, made a few balls, tried to play safe. I executed it poorly, and he ran out. He broke, didnt make a ball, and I made about 2 balls and hooked myself, resulting in giving him ball in hand. He runs out and offers his hand, and I am stunned, he said that was it, I am a 3 and only needed to win 2.....Yep, this SL3 runs out two racks including banking the 8 on one of the games, never gets out of line, and I am giving up 4 games on the wire?

Freakin handicaps.

Playing APA has taught me, those players of old, who gave up the mortal nuts to get a game have given me an amazing eye opening. I have more respect for those guys who have "outran the nuts" than anyone that has played even in a tough match.

Best of rolls to all,

Ken

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Back to being frustrated, after a few weeks of what I considered progress.

Got destroyed by a good friend SL7, 5-0 last night. No shame in losing to him, nor even to him shutting me out. The frustration is from how poorly I played, not in the actual losing. It wasn't from how he left me, I had plenty of opportunities and simply didnt execute appropriately.

It really shouldn't be necessarily in my head from being up against such a strong player. He's very good, but I've played (and won) versus other guys his speed.

I simply flat out sucked.

Very frustrating. Back at it again tomorrow

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am still struggling playing low handicap players. A couple weeks ago, I absolutely destroyed a couple of APA 6 players in both 8 and 9 ball.

Last night I played a guy that obviously was a strong player, and I assumed he was a APA 6 or 7. Nobody on my team wanted to play him (they knew him, I didnt). Screw him, Ill play him.

He won the flip and broke dry and I ran out. I broke, made a few balls, tried to play safe. I executed it poorly, and he ran out. He broke, didnt make a ball, and I made about 2 balls and hooked myself, resulting in giving him ball in hand. He runs out and offers his hand, and I am stunned, he said that was it, I am a 3 and only needed to win 2.....Yep, this SL3 runs out two racks including banking the 8 on one of the games, never gets out of line, and I am giving up 4 games on the wire?

Freakin handicaps.
It sounds like you aren't struggling against lower rated players, you are struggling against wolves in sheep's clothing :thumbup:

boosaboos

Registered
My first time playing league was last night.
They ranked me at 4.
First match was 9 ball against a SL4. I was kind of nervous and missed a lot of easy balls including a gimme, 9 straight in the pocket, I lost 25 to 31
Second match was 8 ball against SL6, I won 3 to 4.
I enjoyed it, I will definitely play some more!

jus4funbilliard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eight ball team made it to APA nationals again this year. can't complain about that. Was down four zip to a seven in second round, came back to win.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
After being out of any leagues for 5+ years, I was coaxed into playing one this year. I'm starting to figure out which end of the cue stick to use. I think I've lost a total of five games (or less) the last three matches (7-2, 7-2 10-ball, 5-1 8-ball), which isn't spectacular by any means, but it's so far the best stretch all season. And I'm starting to remember how to play on a bar table after not really competing on one for these dry years.

Freddie <~~~ just the tip

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Eight ball team made it to APA nationals again this year. can't complain about that. Was down four zip to a seven in second round, came back to win.

I am wicked happy for you guys, its great having your team representing our division there again this year!

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I am going to start this post off exactly like the last one it have a surprise ending.

I played bad last Sunday...barely beat a 3 in 8 ball by 4-1. I played another 3 I. 9 ball and bot mud holed 16-4.

I started not to go to double jeapordy tonight because I just wanted to take the whole week off and relax until 9 ball cities this weekend. I did not go to the night league last night.

Well I am glad I did or we would have been shorthanded due to a husband/ wife team mates had a personal issue come up.

So I faced a pretty tough 5 I 8 ball and won 4-1 with my only loss being a missed bank on the 8 and he ran the table.

Played the same guy 9 ball and I won 38-13 for a score of 18-2. Could have possibly had a shutout but I gave him bih one rack where I missed a kick at the one when he broke dry he ran 5 balls that inning preventing me from having a 20-0 shutout.

Oh yea ....we had some weird lopsided wins and losses this week in 9 ball.

Sunday night we were up 32-8 after 2 matches . I lost to the before mentioned 3 above by 16-4 and our Las 2 matches followed suit and we lost 54-46. Damn !

Well tonight was just the opposite. After I won the 4th match we were up 62-18. I have no idea how the last match went because I left early.

Very unlike my teams to have such lopsided scores....wow !!!

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Well I am going to start this post off exactly like the last one it have a surprise ending.

I played bad last Sunday...barely beat a 3 in 8 ball by 4-1. I played another 3 I. 9 ball and bot mud holed 16-4.

I started not to go to double jeapordy tonight because I just wanted to take the whole week off and relax until 9 ball cities this weekend. I did not go to the night league last night.

Well I am glad I did or we would have been shorthanded due to a husband/ wife team mates had a personal issue come up.

So I faced a pretty tough 5 I 8 ball and won 4-1 with my only loss being a missed bank on the 8 and he ran the table.

Played the same guy 9 ball and I won 38-13 for a score of 18-2. Could have possibly had a shutout but I gave him bih one rack where I missed a kick at the one when he broke dry he ran 5 balls that inning preventing me from having a 20-0 shutout.

Oh yea ....we had some weird lopsided wins and losses this week in 9 ball.

Sunday night we were up 32-8 after 2 matches . I lost to the before mentioned 3 above by 16-4 and our Las 2 matches followed suit and we lost 54-46. Damn !

Well tonight was just the opposite. After I won the 4th match we were up 62-18. I have no idea how the last match went because I left early.

Very unlike my teams to have such lopsided scores....wow !!!

9 Ball Cities this weekend? Break a leg

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
7 - 0 this session in a Masters League 49 games won 8 games lost for 86% win rate of games played. Races to 7

7-4
7-1
7-0
7-0
7-2
7-1
7-0

Not bad even though I moved and don't have a table at home anymore and haven't played (except league) 1 night/week for the last 7 weeks
Jason

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

Congrats and good luck
Jason