John Schmidt has beaten Mosconi

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
His video post from last night was very telling. He said he figured out something about his game. And was very satisfied with the 370 run last nigh stating basically that he played great straight pool in that run and didn’t have one bad leave, and he didn’t have to come with crazy shot to continue his run that he could recall He also switched to racking on the head spot instead of the foot spot because it was newer cloth up there. Balls were cutting cleaner, so he went that route as of last night.

Let the haters and excuse mobile stay silent. Please.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
John Schmidt just ran an incredible 44 racks. In a different forum, someone wrote that if he can get to the 720 range then that puts all discussion to rest.

Die hard skeptics will still try to debate, even if John went to Springfield Ohio, got a table within 100' of the original location, using New in Stock Brunswick Centennials, people will still argue.

I like to move on, how do we financially reward John Schmidt. For those who can afford it, Paypal directly to him or crowd funding to show appreciation.

Uh oh, here come the JS haters . :thumbup:

Congrats Schmiddy !

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
I have to admit, there's a part of me saddened at this, and I'm not sure why.

Mostly, I'm very pleased for John Schmidt on this achievement, though! Congrats!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Not much to debate. This is the greatest run of this era of 14.1, plain and simple.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Way to go John!

Absolutely an amazing accomplishment! Has ESPN been contacted? This should be on SportsCenter tonight!

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mosconi’s run was vs an actual human being opponent. Schmidt’s was against who exactly? Nothing amazing to me. He still holds the highest run on video though.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member

Mostly, I'm very pleased for John Schmidt on this achievement, though! Congrats!

I'm not sad at all about it. Very happy to see a current player having the record. John has been busting his ass on the table, especially recently to achieve this feat.

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
Mosconi’s run was vs an actual human being opponent. Schmidt’s was against who exactly? Nothing amazing to me. He still holds the highest run on video though.

Lol, 626 balls... Nothing amazing.

Edit:. My comment was written sarcastically in response to the quoted comment. Just writing to clarify as sarcasm can be lost in text.

Last edited:

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Willie Mosconi's record is still an accomplishment, it stood the test of time for over 60 years.

When Sir Isaac Newton was asked about his accomplishments, he said something to the effect of "I stand on the shoulder of giants". I see John Schmidt in the same light.

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
For a guy who has spent his entire career attempting high runs in straight pool, he should have done it long ago, and have more higher runs that he does.
While his focus is mainly 14.1, it's not his entire career. He has also won multiple titles in other disciplines, including the US Open... Still nothing amazing... No big deal...

It really didn't take someone on AZ long to try to discredit this feat.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member

For a guy who has spent his entire career attempting high runs in straight pool, he should have done it long ago, and have more higher runs that he does.
You're trollin' HARD!
By a HUNDRED balls. Dude stop.

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Tough crowd.

He has not spent his career attempting high runs.
And nobody paid him to tour playing 14.1 for years.

vasilios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
626 record has stood long enough -
How come no one has tried to break it yet - :thumbup:

bill

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

John had the greatest opponent of all time - he was playing against HISTORY!!!!

What an achievement, I can't even fathom how much concentration it must take to make that many balls without a miss.

Congratulations and well deserved!!!!

-don