NY

Make it a points system
Win a game 1 point
Break and run a game 2 points
8 on the break 2 1/2 points
Win that stop overall 5 points
Play 2 foul and a set of last pocket

In addition, doubles match with Keith and Dave vs 2 good local 8 ballers

Sell shirts, $1 of each shirt goes into the end of tour fund for the most points.

Reactions: JAM

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Should be 10 or more different stops throughout the country
CA (2 cities)
AZ
TX (2 cities)
OK
IL
KY or IN
FL (2 cities)
NY

Make it a points system
Win a game 1 point

Sell shirts, $1 of each shirt goes into the end of tour fund for the most points.
I like the ideas but it costs a lot of money to travel.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Should be 10 or more different stops throughout the country
CA (2 cities)
AZ
TX (2 cities)
OK
IL
KY or IN
FL (2 cities)
NY

Make it a points system
Win a game 1 point

You gonna bankroll this little traveling circus? Seriously, someone would need to come on board to stake what you describe. Travel and venues costs would be quite high these days. Some spots may want a match just for exposure but not all. I know Dave pretty well and i doubt that he'd leave Olathe for a deal like this unless there was a pretty sporty $$$ guarantee. One or two maybe(home and home) but a tour? Kinda doubt it.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

With all the great players that play today, I just don't see what the attraction would be

for these two to play and actually try and charge an admission.

There are amateur pool leagues around the country that has great players and matches every week.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I think the saying "if you can't see it, then you don't know" would be the attraction.

Not sure of the logistics of it except that rooms could put up money to have them come in, and the great thing about Keith is that even non pool players are drawn to his nature and knowledge.

I still remember the after hours verbal sparring between Keith and Jimmy in Columbus, OH off of Hamilton Ave. Huge tourney with everyone, and I mean everyone. No one could take their eyes off of Keith and Jimmy.

This could be similar to the 14.1 where you have some sort of basic dinner and a few words from each player, then into the pit. Take my $$$$

With all the great players that play today, I just don't see what the attraction would be

for these two to play and actually try and charge an admission.

There are amateur pool leagues around the country that has great players and matches every week.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matlock- Ether.............

Just talked to Dave and they're lookin at late Aug or Sept. Not sure where just yet. Its ON.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
TV was well received I thought

Wasn't a Legends tour show already done, without much patronage?

There was a legends competition on TV, I think it went a few years and was very well received. I think just the very over the hill Mosconi and Fats matches could have been done yearly as long as they could hold a cue, probably even quarterly.

I don't know how well a road show would do. Most people don't know pool players and it would take some serious promotion and promotional dollars to build a brand for any road show. A nostalgia show like Keith and Dave would be, I don't think they could get the butts in the seats. The people that know the two players would really like to see the match. I don't think most younger pool players would turn out, general public, forget about it. Smaller crowds means higher priced tickets and the higher priced tickets make some decide not to come after all. A vicious circle.

I don't think a road show will work but I would sure like to see it tried. I would like to be wrong about it not working!

Hu

ULTIMATE-BILL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Free stream it.

Maybe have a venue at shooters in Port St. Lucie Fl.
We could ask Gary and Gary to stream it with interviews,. Dave, Kieth, and
Gary. With casual story telling. On xp-xtreme pool challenge .com Match play.
They do a great job with the cameras and tech stuff copies could be sold to defer costs.

Last edited:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Only thoughts I have, play with the Big Heavy cue ball....with King Kong racking in CA
I've played both these men many times, and watched em many times.

Bernardo aka K.K.....MUST wear his traditional White Shirt, White pants and wear his hat when they play on the W. Coast.

Other than that....Have One east Coast, One Midwest and one West Coast match. Players to decide race lengths.

Me Best 2 outta three race to 11, winner breaks, loser Racks. West Coast last and whom ever wins the most games over all, gets something extra.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
They do a great job with the cameras and tech stuff copies could be sold to defer costs.

It’s great room
I second that idea

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just talked to Dave and they're lookin at late Aug or Sept. Not sure where just yet. Its ON.

If I would go, I would just want to hear Dave's break shot again.

Thirty-five years ago when Dave broke, you didn't have to turn around to see who it was.

You just knew.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Haven't been to that room, strokers is my home, but i know Gary and Gary and they certainly do a top notch stream. They have all the right camera's.