Counterfeit Cues by Rackattach

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
FYI, username Rackattach has been intentionally misrepresenting cues and shafts to increase his profits on the sale. It has come to my attention that he is misleading people to believe he & I are somehow friends or partners, whatever, and that they shouldn't buy my cues if they have ringwork because I apparently reserve my best wood for cues that don't have rings. Coincidentally, he's then selling shafts with no rings or collars as Sugartree shafts. They are not mine. As many are aware, there have been counterfeit Sugartree cues floating around the last few years. I suspect, and intend to find out if it's all the same source. Regardless, DO NOT buy Sugartree shafts that do not have collars. If in doubt, email me & i'll confirm or deny authenticity.

I do not know the man, never met him. I have done a repair job for him once. That is the extent of our relationship. I have sought legal aide & was advised to post this memo warning people of the scam. Thank you

Eric Crisp
the real Sugartree Customs

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Rackattach also got called out for counterfeiting Scruggs shafts by a user

Real name on Facebook is Michael McCormack

Last edited:

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cross-posted on Facebook as well Eric. I'm sorry to see that people find it so easy to take advantage of people who bust their asses to develop a reputation, and consistently put out quality work. Glad to hear you sought out legal aid, and hopefully a resolution to this can come sooner rather than later.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
Rackattach also got called out for counterfeiting Scruggs shafts by a user

Real name on Facebook is Michael McCormack

Yep, that's the guy. I didn't want to post his name here because as far as I know he hasn't used these forums to scam my stuff, not to say he wasn't scamming others on here. The point of the thread is to publicly inform folks that my name is being compromised.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Yep, that's the guy. I didn't want to post his name here because as far as I know he hasn't used these forums to scam my stuff, not to say he wasn't scamming others on here. The point of the thread is to publicly inform folks that my name is being compromised.

He is banned here

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Do you know who makes the fake cues ?
Are they imports or local ?

Check his FB posts. He is from Florida.

Last edited:

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
I’ve never seen the shafts he supposedly selling, not denying it isn’t happening but I don’t think it’s happened on here. I sold him a higher end cue and he paid on the spot with no issues. This kind of thing happens frequently in the pool world, not all that long ago someone onnhere claimed to be me or said I would vouch for them on buying and selling on here since they were new LOL. They did a deal with someone and it went sour and that someone proceeded to post some BS in the W/FS section. It was rather comforting to see a few AZ members say you’re outta your fookin mind you egg. Just another day in the life of buying and selling...and I’ve probably given away more cues than either of them had owned :D

On a side note tho, just to keep with the topic, I think I do have a Scruggs shaft that I’d sell cheap...but I have no idea if it is for sure. It came with several Scruggs cues I purchased. Is there anyone that can verify who actually made a shaft? I’ve also got a Gus shaft :confused:

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member
As many are aware, there have been counterfeit Sugartree cues floating around the last few years. I suspect, and intend to find out if it's all the same source. Regardless, DO NOT buy Sugartree shafts that do not have collars. If in doubt, email me & i'll confirm or deny authenticity.

Eric Crisp

Excuse my naivety but is counterfeiting cues a common occurrence?

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hope you get this sorted out asap, Eric. Sounds like you've got a good bead on the trail to send the dogs. I appreciate you posting, and I'm sure you've been counseled to say what needs to be said and not much more, for your own protection. (Hell of a deal to have to consider "your own protection" from what you say under these circumstances, huh?)
Best to you.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member

It’s a touchy subject, passing them off like they are what they’re not isn’t as common as building one that looks like someone else’s. It does happen though, it’s not as easy these days but years ago top cuemakers cues were copied and passed off as something worth much more than what they actually would have been.

There have been several threads on the “tribute” cues and whether or not people agree or disagree on the subject.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a good laugh out of some of his FS threads when he was on here: like the one where one of the house cues he cut in half sold for a multiple of the asking price, and another where he mentioned having something like a six year waiting list on them.

Sorry you got dragged into his act.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

For a while there were a bunch of fake TS cues, or maybe it was one cue that kept getting re-sold or attempted to be sold LOL

There are a ton of "fake" Predator and Adam cues out there although they are so clearly fakes that no one but a dope would fall for it, but they are clearly ripping off the full design of the cues.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-3142-B...ck-10mm-11-5mm-13mm-Tip-4-Colors/252921351080

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His posts always seemed a bit off to me. I got to the point of just passing them on by.

There is no substitute for doing your homework on items you want to buy.

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FYI, username Rackattach has been intentionally misrepresenting cues and shafts to increase his profits on the sale. It has come to my attention that he is misleading people to believe he & I are somehow friends or partners, whatever, and that they shouldn't buy my cues if they have ringwork because I apparently reserve my best wood for cues that don't have rings. Coincidentally, he's then selling shafts with no rings or collars as Sugartree shafts. They are not mine. As many are aware, there have been counterfeit Sugartree cues floating around the last few years. I suspect, and intend to find out if it's all the same source. Regardless, DO NOT buy Sugartree shafts that do not have collars. If in doubt, email me & i'll confirm or deny authenticity.

I do not know the man, never met him. I have done a repair job for him once. That is the extent of our relationship. I have sought legal aide & was advised to post this memo warning people of the scam. Thank you

Eric Crisp

If necessary, it will be a pleasure suing this clown.

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
I'm not really sure what to say here guys.

He bought a number of mid priced customs from me and he's paid and he's bought a BIG cue from me and paid without issue and fast. We have done a couple trade deals and I have had no issues.

I kind of wonder if there is some type of miscommunication here but I also know Eric and Stephen are pretty thorough dudes, if you will. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums