Jacoby Ultra vs Hybrid Edge?

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you play with both shafts; new Ultra and Hybrid Edge, if so is Ultra way better to upgrade?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you play with both shafts; new Ultra and Hybrid Edge, if so is Ultra way better to upgrade?

I don't play with them as in own them, but recently I did play with both swapping back and forth to try them since I read good reviews on the Ultra. I did not like the Ultra much, the hit felt dead and the older shaft seemed to get spin on the ball with the same deflection to me. You really should try it yourself, after playing with probably 20 different shafts over the years the one thing I figured out is that no-one else can decide for you, and you need to try it to see how you like it.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I own both, the skinny version of both. The Ultra I feel has a much stiffer hit,
maybe a slightly longer of a taper. I’m trying to transition, at this stage I still like
the Hybrid a little better, but I have played more with Hybrids so it may just be getting
used to something new. I do really like both, but so far I have to give the Hybrid the nod

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I own both, the skinny version of both. The Ultra I feel has a much stiffer hit,
maybe a slightly longer of a taper. I’m trying to transition, at this stage I still like
the Hybrid a little better, but I have played more with Hybrids so it may just be getting
used to something new. I do really like both, but so far I have to give the Hybrid the nod

I do not have the Ultra but the biggest thing I like about the Hybrid was that its
pivot point seemed to be right where I normally placed by bridge at around 12 inches
from the tip. This made using BHE effortless and the small amount of squirt it already
had made it less of a worry using Side Spin. I'm concerned they've left the good design
they had and shouldn't have messed with it. I have two varieties of Hybrid one just a bit
thinner than the other and the fattest one about 12.90. I like the stiff play of the 12.90
and have no problem with the other one that's about 12.80. They should offer both in my opinion..

Last edited:

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
I would like to try the new Jacoby shaft but the price is my hold up. Anyone have a used one at a discounted price??

Kevin

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I would like to try the new Jacoby shaft but the price is my hold up. Anyone have a used one at a discounted price??

Kevin

I doubt thats going to happen they just came out with the new one in April.

I asked them how much to become a dealer it was 2500 and all I really wanted to do
was sell shafts so that didn't work. Then I asked them to send me a demo shaft so I
could test it an write a review on my website and that didn't work either. Since I have
two of the Hybrids I guess I'll just take care of what I own and maybe try and pick up
another used somewhere.I'm not going to switch out equipment based on what I don't know.