Ron Vitello passed away

pool101

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just got a call from Ron's ex wife, she said Ron passed away last night. He had been fighting cancer for some time. Thoughts and prayers to his family.
Mark

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My deepest condolences to his family. He truly was a man that did much to help others play better. He will be missed.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had the pleasure of meeting Ron when he came to Santa Barbara to give lessons and clinics. He was passionate about the game and sharing it with others.

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
Sorry to hear it. His 90/90 is probably the easiest aiming system out there.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While I spoke with Ron several times over the years (and we were going to meet up in NYC a few years ago, but I was already scheduled to meet up with Hal Houle in PA at the same time), I didn't meet him personally until last year at the SBE. He was staying with my friend Kaznj. Certainly an interesting man. My condolences to his family and friends.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

cbi1000

It is what it is...
Silver Member
Well shit. This sucks. I met Ron through a friend of mine and spent a weekend with him and his family about 6 years ago. What a great guy. One of best. RIP my friend.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a very sad day. He was one of my very best friends and will be sorely missed. No words.

Sorry to hear the loss of one of your best friends.
I don't know who he was, although I heard he taught others.
In my book, a great attribute in a human being to be able to impart knowledge.

Be well, SpiderWebComm.

Last edited:

IamCalvin06

Yang "The Son of Pool"
Silver Member
Ron was a great guy for the pool world. I learned 90/90 from him in NYC and he frequented the poker games I played in living in nj. I remember him always willing to come down to the poolroom if anyone asked. The pool world lost another gem and he will be missed.

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ron was a great guy with a ton of knowledge about many parts of the game. I talked to him several times and he always knew how to get the idea across and the problem solved.

A real loss for not only the pool world, but for all that knew him.

Best,
Mike

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Im trying to help his daughter locate his cues. Not sure if he sold them before he passed or if he leaves his case at one of the poolrooms he frequented. If anyone can help me help his daughter, I'd DEEPLY appreciate it. If he sold them, that's fine - no worries - she just needs to know so she doesn't look. If not, she obviously wants them back since they meant a lot to her dad.

Any help from players in the NYC region would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abbassi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ron was a nice and gentleman. He showed me his systems and told some stories. Drove him home a few times. I enjoyed his company. RIP

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Im trying to help his daughter locate his cues. Not sure if he sold them before he passed or if he leaves his case at one of the poolrooms he frequented. If anyone can help me help his daughter, I'd DEEPLY appreciate it. If he sold them, that's fine - no worries - she just needs to know so she doesn't look. If not, she obviously wants them back since they meant a lot to her dad.

Any help from players in the NYC region would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They found his cues. Thanks :)