Tacoma / Seattle pool league(s)

MFB

Just a User
Silver Member
I may be relocating to the Tacoma / Seattle are in a month or so (October).

Where is a good place to play pool?

Where is a good place to get on a pool league team?

What leagues do they have in the area?

Any advice?

Thanks much.

Billiardsfan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really depends on where you actually move to. If you are in or near Tacoma, then you should visit Malarkey. Plenty of leagues to choose from. BCA and APA for certain, maybe TAP there. If you move to Tacoma you will likely not want to play league in Seattle as it is a ***** to travel from one to the other with the traffic. I do not know what they have at the Fleece as far as league but there is usually plenty of action. The area has a strong APA, BCA, and TAP presence along with some other options. CSA and NAPA are a couple I know of.

Bellevue has Off The Rails (formerly Mugshots) with I think 10 8' valley's. The Fleece was mentioned in Seattle with some 9' diamonds and some 7 footers (not sure how many there). Carriage Square in Kent with 10 8' valleys. The Clubhouse in Kent (next to Carriage) with 10(?) 7' diamonds and 2 9' Diamonds. Performance Grill in Auburn (currently with 10 9' GC2 but rumor has it they are selling and the new owners are claiming to be putting in 14 7' diamonds and 4 9' diamonds. There are many more but those are some of the main spots for league.

PoppaSaun

Banned
Try Golden Fleece Billiards, nice old-school feel with all Diamond tables, friendly people and staff.

http://www.goldenfleecebilliards.net/

That website hasn't been updated. GF is now in a smaller, worse place with no parking. 4 9' Diamonds, 6 or 8 toy tables. No alcohol, no food, overpriced cans of soda. 1990's ghetto blaster provides music. Every spectator chair feels like it is about to come apart. The up side is that you can get anything you might want within a hundred yards...heroin, meth, hookers, HIV, stabbed, you name it.

MFB

Just a User
Silver Member
Thanks for the reply.

I am leaning to the Tacoma area to live. The actual job is in Federal Way.

In a few weeks, I will be visiting the area to hopefully finalize things.

When do the BCA leagues typically start?

Really depends on where you actually move to. If you are in or near Tacoma, then you should visit Malarkey. Plenty of leagues to choose from. BCA and APA for certain, maybe TAP there. If you move to Tacoma you will likely not want to play league in Seattle as it is a ***** to travel from one to the other with the traffic. I do not know what they have at the Fleece as far as league but there is usually plenty of action. The area has a strong APA, BCA, and TAP presence along with some other options. CSA and NAPA are a couple I know of.

Bellevue has Off The Rails (formerly Mugshots) with I think 10 8' valley's. The Fleece was mentioned in Seattle with some 9' diamonds and some 7 footers (not sure how many there). Carriage Square in Kent with 10 8' valleys. The Clubhouse in Kent (next to Carriage) with 10(?) 7' diamonds and 2 9' Diamonds. Performance Grill in Auburn (currently with 10 9' GC2 but rumor has it they are selling and the new owners are claiming to be putting in 14 7' diamonds and 4 9' diamonds. There are many more but those are some of the main spots for league.

Billiardsfan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BCA is in the final two weeks of play for this session. Probably starts back up in four weeks is my guess. I hate traffic so I would still veer clear of driving to Seattle for weekly league play. Tacoma would be a lot easier to get to from there. Auburn and Kent are just down the hill from there as well. I am not sure if there is any decently large place to play in Federal Way any longer. APA is in playoffs right now so it should be about four weeks for them to start as well. Doug Shulze is the BCA league operator for most of the area. His email is bcadoug@comcast.net.

Billiardsfan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That website hasn't been updated. GF is now in a smaller, worse place with no parking. 4 9' Diamonds, 6 or 8 toy tables. No alcohol, no food, overpriced cans of soda. 1990's ghetto blaster provides music. Every spectator chair feels like it is about to come apart. The up side is that you can get anything you might want within a hundred yards...heroin, meth, hookers, HIV, stabbed, you name it.

I couldn't agree more with your assessment of the new location.

bmccaslin

Registered Human
Silver Member
Malarkeys is where you want to play in Tacoma. They run both APA and BCA Leagues out of there regularly - Sunday through Thursday nights I believe for APA, and I think Tuesday night for BCA.

They have eight 9-foot Gold Crown tables, seven Valley bar boxes, and three 7-foot Diamond smart tables. Also good beer selection (it is the Northwest :wink:) and decent food.

As far as I know all leagues are played on the 7-foot tables, but they also have Wednesday and Friday night 9-ball tournaments that are played on the 9-footers.

All in all a great place to play!

-Brian

MFB

Just a User
Silver Member
Thanks for the input!

Malarkeys is where you want to play in Tacoma. They run both APA and BCA Leagues out of there regularly - Sunday through Thursday nights I believe for APA, and I think Tuesday night for BCA.

They have eight 9-foot Gold Crown tables, seven Valley bar boxes, and three 7-foot Diamond smart tables. Also good beer selection (it is the Northwest :wink:) and decent food.

As far as I know all leagues are played on the 7-foot tables, but they also have Wednesday and Friday night 9-ball tournaments that are played on the 9-footers.

All in all a great place to play!

-Brian

runscott

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In addition to Malarkey's, I like Cue-topia in Lakewood. Cue-topia used to be Fullsplice (owned by Manwon of this forum).

MFB

Just a User
Silver Member
Thanks for the tip. It looks like I will be in the area next Wed, Thur, Fri. I will try and check them out!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

PUTT4DACA$$H

Silver Member
Golden fleece

They changed the tables at golden fleece now there is 6nine footers and only four seven FOOTERS...still all Diamond red labels........

Gordon Graham
425-275-8255

runscott

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Closed down, lease was to high.

Crap. I hadn't been there in a while, but that's a shame. It was a great place to go in the afternoon and get a quiet game of straight pool. My girlfriend liked it because it did not cater to alcoholics, whereas Malarkey's .... is quite colorful.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Thanks for the tip. It looks like I will be in the area next Wed, Thur, Fri. I will try and check them out!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The new owner of the Performance Grill in Auburn, right down the hill from Federal Way is for sure installing 4 9ft and 10 7ft Diamonds, he also owns the Club House in Kent, another 20 minutes away with 2 9ft and 10 7ft Diamonds. League players play for free, non league rent the tables @ $6.00 hr per hour.

1hit1der

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're in Federal Way, check out Jessi's Billiards at 27721 Pacific Hwy S; Federal Way, Washington. It's a billiard shop, but Jessi's cool and will have all the insights you need on local leagues. She runs the UPA league in Pierce County as well.