Got a JackPot cue from Dean!!

peterskw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love this cue!! It plays great--has a wonderful hit and the cueball action is fantastic! I can't thank Dean enough for this super player!! Here's some pics and another review--https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=504540

I've included pics (not mine b/c I'm like Dean, not good at pics)

P.S. I really hope Dean gets his Tasc back!!!!!

KP

Attachments

• Cues3.jpg
    Cues3.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 2,027
  • Joint.jpg
    Joint.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 1,975

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
A picture of “A” jackpot, but not “your” jackpot? ...let’s watch this guy a bit more closely, dean.

Lol �� just kidding. Those jackpots seem like a good deal. I like a plain, classy look and maximum playability.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perfect in my opinion! Dean and I have very similar taste. I’m still loving that cue Dean sent me a couple of years ago. It’s tough as nails and hits great.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just sent ken a jackpot in a nice case that he might show you guys

ken and i are long time friends,having met several years ago when he offered
to post pictures for me

he is an example of a really nice guy on here

peterskw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Dean!! I was hoping the Tasc was in my box, so I could return it and settle things!

P.S.--I have too many Tascarellas--I don't need another one but, I wanted a JackPot and glad I got it--LOL!!

KP

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
time for a commercial announcement

I have Jack making another batch of a dozen last Jackpot cues that
look like this beautiful cue and play so good

At only $600 they arepriced to fit nearly every budge

PM deanoc to reserve yours

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sorry Dean, but for someone unfamiliar, are Jackpot cues really cues made by a single custom cuemaker, or are people purchasing a cue that could be from any cuemaker and it is random?

Again, I just don’t know. Thanks for clarifying because I saw someone got a TAD?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Sorry Dean, but for someone unfamiliar, are Jackpot cues really cues made by a single custom cuemaker, or are people purchasing a cue that could be from any cuemaker and it is random?

Again, I just don’t know. Thanks for clarifying because I saw someone got a TAD?

I think the Tad May have been another cue that guy got from dean, or just a joke. I’ve learned though that a Jackpot cue is made by his buddy and fellow azb member jack potter.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love this cue!! It plays great--has a wonderful hit and the cueball action is fantastic! I can't thank Dean enough for this super player!! Here's some pics and another review--https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=504540

KP

These cues may run circles around a Tascarella.

I have one and just waxed the shafts and packed it into my case to play some on Sunday.

Before I put it in the case, I checked the balance point just to see where it was, because this cue doesn't feel as heavy as it is. It is 19 oz from what I'm told (will weigh it on Sunday) and the balance point is 20 inches from the butt. I think it has the most forward balance point of any of my cues.

It really will move the cue ball without much effort.

I have another one coming in the next batch.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
These cues may run circles around a Tascarella.

I have one and just waxed the shafts and packed it into my case to play some on Sunday.

Before I put it in the case, I checked the balance point just to see where it was, because this cue doesn't feel as heavy as it is. It is 19 oz from what I'm told (will weigh it on Sunday) and the balance point is 20 inches from the butt. I think it has the most forward balance point of any of my cues.

It really will move the cue ball without much effort.

I have another one coming in the next batch.

Have another trade coming from the next batch....?

This quote sounds to me like you stated that Jack Potter was the actual cue maker who built the Jackpot cues.

"I have Jack making another batch of a dozen last Jackpot cues"

Turns out that the buyers who purchased that last batch of Jackpot cues received a custom Schmelke? I hope they are happy with their overpriced rebranded Schmelke.

Last edited:
Reactions: KRJ

KP

I do really love that BEM handle. I wonder what the rest of the cue is made out of though. Any real Ebony in that cue?

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Run defense and get a free or discounted Zorro?

Much like getting to bottom of a tootsie pop, the world may never know.

I just want the chronic liar to stick with one story, to make it simple for us dumb folks to follow. He received 2 of them for a postage stamp and a juicy fruit wrapper. But now he’s in line to get another one from the batch. I’m confused. Doesn’t take much, between him and Bava, to make my head spin.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have another trade coming from the next batch....?

Why would I trade a cue that plays this good?

Since you are from Canada, I maybe should throw in an "eh" every once in a while so you can keep up. Eh?

I made my review of the cue before I was ever offered a trade for it. I never thought I would have the cue in the first place, eh.

I have owned tons of cues, over about 50 years, and I've sold less than five. I still have plenty. The only cue I have ever traded was years ago when I wound up with somebody giving me a Predator Sneaky Pete...the one with the green veneers, eh.

The cue was in perfect condition, but I didn't like the way it played. I traded DOWN for two cheaper Chinese-made cues and sold one of them for less than it could be bought online to someone I was teaching to play pool. I lost money that I could have made by selling for the normal price. The second cue is a cheap Players Sneaky Pete that I used sometimes as a break cue, eh.

You can yap all you want with the rest of the jackals, but it won't effect how well the cues play, eh.

I have no plans to sell or trade my Jackpot.

But I will sell or trad you an old Cuetec or the Players Sneaky Pete if you want to upgrade from what you are playing with now, eh.

Aloha, eh.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why would I trade a cue that plays this good?

Since you are from Canada, I maybe should throw in an "eh" every once in a while so you can keep up. Eh?

I made my review of the cue before I was ever offered a trade for it. I never thought I would have the cue in the first place, eh.

I have owned tons of cues, over about 50 years, and I've sold less than five. I still have plenty. The only cue I have ever traded was years ago when I wound up with somebody giving me a Predator Sneaky Pete...the one with the green veneers, eh.

The cue was in perfect condition, but I didn't like the way it played. I traded DOWN for two cheaper Chinese-made cues and sold one of them for less than it could be bought online to someone I was teaching to play pool. I lost money that I could have made by selling for the normal price. The second cue is a cheap Players Sneaky Pete that I used sometimes as a break cue, eh.

You can yap all you want with the rest of the jackals, but it won't effect how well the cues play, eh.

I have no plans to sell or trade my Jackpot.

But I will sell or trad you an old Cuetec or the Players Sneaky Pete if you want to upgrade from what you are playing with now, eh.

Aloha, eh.
Does the fact that he flat out lied mean nothing??