Coin shortage in the US. Bar boxes?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not all banks are free, even for account holders, which I think is BS.

Coinstar charges 12%

Ok so why doesn't the bank want you coins? What is the issue there? Also why won't you answer my question fully? I hate repeating myself.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't play b-boxes much but the places I go the tables are owned by club, no vendors. We open up all the time and just pay hourly. I wouldn't play bar-pool if i had to jack with quarters.

I will have to see if they do that for tournaments or other leagues. But as far as the APA league I am on they do not.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Ok so why doesn't the bank want you coins? What is the issue there? Also why won't you answer my question fully? I hate repeating myself.

I have no idea. I never said that.

As to your question "How do you think this will effect coin-op bar boxes?" I answered that with the Lion King reference.

To dumb it down, the coins never leave the property.

Table to changer/till.
Changer/till to customer.
Customer to table.

Circle of Life

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no idea. I never said that.

As to your question "How do you think this will effect coin-op bar boxes?" I answered that with the Lion King reference.

To dumb it down, the coins never leave the property.

Table to changer/till.
Changer/till to customer.
Customer to table.

Circle of Life

Sorry about that I got you confused with another poster. Anywho If you read the article you would know the mint is behind. It is not just because people were not spending money. Also because more places are pushing for people to use cards etc because of less contact.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
To be fair to the OP, banks aren't releasing large amounts of rolled coin currently. I ran into this at work recently, the banks are limiting the amount of rolled coin you can get right now. (We could only get two rolls of any denomination.)

As to how that will affect the bar-boxes, that is hard to say. The people to ask would be those who fill bill changing machines, where you can get change yourself. I would think those folks probably are allowed a greater amount of coin, being as that is their business, but I have no experience in that area.

In theory, it could cause some complication, for places that don't have keys to the tables and machines on site. We shall see.

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bwahahahahahahahahahaha

never gets old...

I don't know how to get the coins back, but there is a crew of pool players that can get dollars back from car washes, and get the quarters too.

There are thieves in every group. Fortunately most pool players are ethical, honest individuals. They may a stole a candy bar as a 8 year old, but they don’t grow up to rip off car wash owners or loot stores in New York.