Can anyone recognize this cue

Hi,

I am shopping for a new cue and came across this cue but the seller doesn't know who the manufacture or cue maker is. I don't know if identify a cue from pictures is even possible but I thought I'd see if anyone here might know. Thank you in advance for any help you are able to lend.

The cue appears to be of maple with 8 Burl points. It has a 3/8 x 10 joint.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 790
  • s-l64.jpg
    s-l64.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 778
Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
what little that can be seen looks nice but for a much better chance at id'ing this (or any) cue, more pics will help.

Can you post pics of the joint, the butt sleeve and the bumper inside the cue with the bumper off?

This would be a good start.

so far looks like afzelia burl and poss ivory inlays with a textured leather wrap.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:
I was told that it might be a Joel Dadivas cue. Can anyone confirm?

I was told that it might be a I was told that it might be a Joel Dadivas cue. Can anyone confirm?cue. Can anyone confirm? Here are all the pics I could get.

Attachments

• s-l1600 a.jpg
    s-l1600 a.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 748
  • s-l1600 b.jpg
    s-l1600 b.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 724
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 721
Thank you, That is what the guy told me he thinks it is. Any thoughts on value of the cue with out is name or signature on the cue. has a very slight roll in the but but shoots well.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The Pin from your pictures appears to be pointed, not a lot of maker doing that. No making between Points, on the Butt Cap. Take the thing some place with really good soft light, andlook for a signature, or other marks. Have you looked under Butt Bumper for any tells?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well looking at the fuzzy photos, it still appear to be from some quality source. Maybe it is BU=y some unknown hobby builder, but it appear to be a nice Cue.

The design is nice, but I wonder why the cuemake put nothing in it to ID their work? Could chave been refinished, and the makes mark or signature removed.

You are correct. I don't have possession of it and would like to aquire it. I can probably pick it up for $400 but the shafts have very slight tapper and the but has one as well but it roles straight together. Is $400 a d good, bad or average price for a cue like this in the condition it is in. Any thougths on the playability of a typical JD cue?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well as I have no idea where you are in the world, let me share a little wisdom. I am in a very hot-dry climate. Couple of people who live by me have bought Cues made in PI. Only because of the Tempeture difference, and difference in RH. The Cue warped.

PI is very, hot, wet, and humid. Where I am it is just hot & dry most of the time. Something to think on.

Good luck with your decision, as I think the Cue is a very nice design.

Thanks, all of your for your help. I live in CA and the cue is currently in CA so I'm assuming that whatever warping that might have happened already has. I'm still on the fence so I will consider all of your advise and make a decision.

Quick question, with the pointed joint pin, should this still work with a standard 3/8x10 shaft.

Sincerely,

Phil

bubbaandthem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The forearm looks a lot like AL Link's(Star City Cues) work to me but it
should have a star on the butt cap if it is

Last edited:

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Quick question, with the pointed joint pin, should this still work with a standard 3/8x10 shaft.
Phil

This is what I know concerning my one and only Joel Davidas cue with a 3/8x10 pin. If you put an aftermarket shaft on it you are going to find out that the joint collar on the butt of his cue is going to be slightly (but very noticeable) smaller than standard cue specs...at least mine certainly is. I remember some time ago reading here on AZB that his cues were noted for that.

Maybe take a 3/8x10 shaft with you before you buy and see how the fitment is.

I will say though that it looks like some of his work.

Maniac

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i dont think you can regret buying it for 400
you says it plays well in spite of some warpage
its alot prettier than a 400 sneaky
jmho
i am not a cue connoisseur

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
i dont think you can regret buying it for 400
you says it plays well in spite of some warpage
its alot prettier than a 400 sneaky
jmho
i am not a cue connoisseur

Nor am I, but I agree that cue/2 shafts (that just so happens to play good to the OP) for $400 is a good deal.

Maniac

If it is a Joel Davidas, Is it worth $400-$450 with a slight roll/warp in the shaft and butt separately but roll straight together.

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
Warp

I wouldn't give more than $200 for it, because of the warped butt. If somewhere down the line you ever wanted to sell it, the warp would make it a super hard sale. If everything was straight than $400 is a decent price.
Good luck.