Snookers pool hall

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those of you travel to some of the tournaments at Snookers in Rhode Island.
This place has been around for a while. I have not been to the new location, but I went the old location.

A few months ago a place called Snookers opened in Sayerville New Jersey. It is about 20 minutes south of the Sandcastle, home of acu-stats.

The reason I bring this up is someone stopped into Snookers NJ a couple of weeks ago. He was looking for the tournament at Snookers RH. He was about 4 hours south. The tournament was one run by Tony Robles. Too bad he missed the tournament. I never did ask where he came from.

Also, just in case your are interested there is a pretty good tournament in NJ every Tuesday. Run by Danny kid delicious Basavich. Handicapped 9 ball. I think it is a $25 entry fee.

enrocc

Registered
The old Snookers in RI was a pretty good spot. Good tables and they had the outdoor patio right next to 195. A guy used to bring in pot cookies almost every Saturday and pass them around for free. I remember my game going from sharp to goofy (but fun as hell) in about 45 minutes. I don't get high any more but those were good times.

The new joint isn't bad at all. Still has a lot of solid tables, but its lost a bit of the grime/dirt the old place had, for better or worse.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those of you travel to some of the tournaments at Snookers in Rhode Island.
This place has been around for a while. I have not been to the new location, but I went the old location.

A few months ago a place called Snookers opened in Sayerville New Jersey. It is about 20 minutes south of the Sandcastle, home of acu-stats.

The reason I bring this up is someone stopped into Snookers NJ a couple of weeks ago. He was looking for the tournament at Snookers RH. He was about 4 hours south. The tournament was one run by Tony Robles. Too bad he missed the tournament. I never did ask where he came from.

Also, just in case your are interested there is a pretty good tournament in NJ every Tuesday. Run by Danny kid delicious Basavich. Handicapped 9 ball. I think it is a $25 entry fee.

Basavich is a good guy. I hope he's doing well.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was also a Snookers in central MA by Springfield, pretty sure it's closed now. From what I remember I went there only once, it had a mis-matched collection of pool tables, don't remember too much about that room but I know I went there wondering if it was part of the same owner as the Snookers in RI.

Funny thing about Snookers, is that I met the owner quite a few times, even played him in a tournament at least once, talked to him about my son, and he still thinks we just met every time LOL

It's also the only room that I played dozens of times in that they still ask me to leave an ID for the table.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The old Snookers in RI was a pretty good spot. Good tables and they had the outdoor patio right next to 195. A guy used to bring in pot cookies almost every Saturday and pass them around for free. I remember my game going from sharp to goofy (but fun as hell) in about 45 minutes. I don't get high any more but those were good times.

The new joint isn't bad at all. Still has a lot of solid tables, but its lost a bit of the grime/dirt the old place had, for better or worse.

I love the old Snookers. I have not had the privilege to visit the new one -- yet. :smile:

The old one, i"m not sure why the sign out front said "Green Room," but once you walked inside, you saw the Snooker's logo painted on the brick. They had tan cloth in this room. There was a smoker's lounge outside when the smoking ban came into effect with comfortable chairs and heaters.

Attachments

• 2005-Joss Ocean State at Snookers in Rhode Island 002.JPG
    2005-Joss Ocean State at Snookers in Rhode Island 002.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 274
  • Joss-RI and Maine 009.JPG
    Joss-RI and Maine 009.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 279
  • Dominc and Keith.JPG
    Dominc and Keith.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 254
  • Snookers.JPG
    Snookers.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 260

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was also a Snookers in central MA by Springfield, pretty sure it's closed now. From what I remember I went there only once, it had a mis-matched collection of pool tables, don't remember too much about that room but I know I went there wondering if it was part of the same owner as the Snookers in RI.

Funny thing about Snookers, is that I met the owner quite a few times, even played him in a tournament at least once, talked to him about my son, and he still thinks we just met every time LOL

It's also the only room that I played dozens of times in that they still ask me to leave an ID for the table.

I wont leave an ID for the table EVER. Every place that requires them has about 6 of them sitting unreturned behind the counter. You leave your ID there and get pulled over 3 miles down the road, you don't have a license, they search your car, find an adhd pill that your kid uses and next thing you know you are behind bars.

Try to give them your car keys, you can't leave without them. If they don't allow it, tell them on 2nd thought you are not all that comfortable playing in a place that must have so many thieves anyway! Head out the door looking over your shoulder and scared.