This is going to be my next restoration project

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A Brunswick snooker table. Small pockets too. At some point I'm going to restore this table too. But probably after I add that room on.

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A Brunswick snooker table. Only a small 5 x 10 table bu with the small pockets. At some point I'm going to restore this table too. But probably after I add that room on.

The room is currently a mess. I'm in the process of turning it into a proper man cave. This project is going to take a lot of work. The floor was just put down two weeks ago.,

Neither of those colors play well on the eyes. I will tell you what does play well on the eyes and that is powder blue, tournament blue and classic green.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had decided on the classic green already. I've really grown to like that color best as far as my eyes are concerned. My other two tables are now green and the Gandy is tournament blue. But when I recover the Gandy next time I'm switching it to the green also.

Well I'm heading off to Orlando now to pick up the table. Then I'll get someone in to set it back up. A few of us are really looking forward to shooting on it!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
A Brunswick snooker table. Only a small 5 x 10 table bu with the small pockets. At some point I'm going to restore this table too. But probably after I add that room on.

Might be a Robertson out of Tampa originally.

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I haven't found any manufacturing dates on it yet so can't say as to how old it is, I can tell you one thing, the three pieces of slate must weigh 350 lbs. or more each. It was all that four strong men could do to lift them.

I may put it together to play on until I can do a full restoration. Everyone is itching to shoot on it.

Last edited:

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So the guy I bought it from seems to think it might have been a gold crown table converted to a snooker table. The base legs have levelers on them and someone might have put rails from a snooker table on it?

Also, at both end rails there are two 2" diameter holes cut into them that hold two blue plastic cups at each of the corners and that he thought might be used for chalk holders. I have never seen this ever on any pool table before. So this table has a few strange things going on.

There was even the suggestion it may be haunted and somebody might have died on it?

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could it be an AMF? Some of their tables looked a lot like Brunswicks. Maybe put a post up about it in the mechanics section of azb? Someone in there will know what it is for sure I bet!!!

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay so I have never played bumper pool, but making the mistake of looking at things on Craigslist and FB marketplace, I accidentally bought a combo poker/bumper pool table that comes with four really nice chairs. A $2k setup for get this, $320.00

Looked at a couple of YouTube videos and it could be fun. At least it has something to do with pool! If nothing else I think kids or beginners could have fun with it.

Attachments

• Bumper Pool Table.jpg
    Bumper Pool Table.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 187
  • Bumper Pool chairs.jpg
    Bumper Pool chairs.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 186

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could it be an AMF? Some of their tables looked a lot like Brunswicks. Maybe put a post up about it in the mechanics section of azb? Someone in there will know what it is for sure I bet!!!

As soon as its put back together I'll post some in that section. I'm really curious now.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay so I have never played bumper pool, but making the mistake of looking at things on Craigslist and FB marketplace, I accidentally bought a combo poker/bumper pool table that comes with four really nice chairs. A $2k setup for get this, $320.00

Looked at a couple of YouTube videos and it could be fun. At least it has something to do with pool! If nothing else I think kids or beginners could have fun with it.

Hahahaha! You are sick! I love it:thumbup:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Hahahaha! You are sick! I love it:thumbup:

There has been some serious bumper pool action...
...Charlotte, NC was a hot bed for bumper pool.
A room owner in Northern Ontario ran seven tables for serious cash years ago.
...lotta skill in that game

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You also really need one of those tables that is nontraditional in shape...like the L or Z shaped tables that are out there!

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Banana pool shaped pool table. That's so damn cool. I could actually build something like that. Or maybe a vagee shaped table where you could always get it in the pocket!

Something tells me I'll never be done with the man cave!