EMILY DUDDY Professional

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Give me a break. She’s part of a series that is meant to entertain. Her professional status has nothing to do about it. You’re worse than the mysoginist that is depicted on the show. And the reason women are marginalized. Go home, have some beers and beat your wife or girlfriend.

Knock that PC crap off.

We are marginalizing a woman who is delusional.

I don’t see the PC crap here...Emily was quoting a script.
One should hold a suspension of belief in the entertainment world...
...or do you hold it against Tom Cruise because he’s probably a C-player portraying a
world beater when I doubt he could beat Emily?

Get mad at the script

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hu

Hu,

I'm right there with you. I know exactly how you feel. I feel the same way and I truly believe were 1000% correct.

There shouldn't be a place for all that BS but, in the end, there is not much we can do about it.

I despise the world that's being "forced" down our children's throats.

Jeff

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TheLoneSilencer...I'd say you're the bigger joke. Since you're obviously SO smart, why don't YOU come up with a way to rate all players...including the top pros worldwide? Fargo Rate is the best way so far, to compare skill levels among players...whether you like it or not. There are many like factors that can be measured using metrics. You must think you play at pro speed, so why aren't you out there knocking heads with SVB, or players like that?

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

I don't know what is a bigger joke, people who buy into the Fargo Rate bullshit (sorry no rating system can accurately reflect players true speed when all factors can't possibly be measured & that is fact) or people like Emily who think they play pro speed.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TheLoneSilencer...I'd say you're the bigger joke. Since you're obviously SO smart, why don't YOU come up with a way to rate all players...including the top pros worldwide? Fargo Rate is the best way so far, to compare skill levels among players...whether you like it or not. There are many like factors that can be measured using metrics. You must think you play at pro speed, so why aren't you out there knocking heads with SVB, or players like that?

Scott Lee

Sounds like someone thought they were a 640 and found out they were a 540.

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Scott Lee

Wrong but would not be the first time when it comes to you.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
EB499C9B-996F-4F46-9064-8E64DDAD0EDD.jpeg

Western culture.....men learn from history...but large groups don’t

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
America is in decline!

Western culture.....men learn from history...but large groups don’t

I remember laughing and jeering at the behavior of banana republics and communist countries fifty years ago. It genuinely pains me to see my country rewriting the history books and playing the same political games those other countries played.

It is very hard to say it but this nation is in decline, damned near freefall. Sad days.

Hu

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
Is there not a register for pros in America. Here in Korea, you apply for pro status. Your success as a pro, or the percentage of your earnings that are made from pool are irrelevant. When I first went to a big stadium billiards event here to play 9 ball, I noticed 2 snooker tables and asked if I could play in the snooker and English billiards events. The answer was no, I had to be a pro. So during the event I popped over to the snooker tables to watch them. I would have smashed every single one of them in both snooker and English billiards, and I’m far from pro level at snooker. Again, their skill level is irrelevant. They are pros because they successfully met the criteria that the Korean Billiard Federation set.

I tried to read through all the posts. Apologies if this has already been covered.

EDIT for terrible typing,

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I decided to check this thread out today and wow what a shock I got. I'm glad I stayed far away until now. How this thread got so off kilter I'm not sure, but I don't plan to read all 19 pages to find out. I read a few excerpts from each page and something got lost in the translation for me.

A famous actor once gave this advice to an emerging star, "Hey, it's all just a fairy tale, so enjoy it while you can." That's what I think of the entertainment TV and movie biz. Years ago I had a chance to act (made a couple of commercials and a TV pilot) and even had an agent who wanted to rep me, but when I saw all the bullshit that went on behind the scenes I took a pass. I decided that I wanted to say my own lines in life and not have someone spoon feed them to me. Acting is the art of fakery and I have more respect for a schoolteacher than I do for any actor. But that's just me and no one has to agree with me if they don't want to.

If you want to see something real on TV I'd suggest you watch 48 Hours, Dateline, Forensic Files or almost any show on the ID Channel. That's the only "Reality TV" that I care to watch.

As far as Emily goes and her Bravo TV show, I say more power to her and I hope the show is a success and has more than one "season." She seems like a nice enough person and I wish her well. I wouldn't take anything about the show too seriously one way or the other. There are a lot more important things going on in the world today to concern ourselves with.

That's my two cents. You can carry on now.

Last edited:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I decided to check this thread out today and wow what a shock I got. I'm glad I stayed far away until now. How this thread got so off kilter I'm not sure, but I don't plan to read all 19 pages to find out. I read a few excerpts from each page and something got lost in the translation for me.

A famous actor once gave this advice to an emerging star, "Hey, it's all just a fairy tale, so enjoy it while you can." That's what I think of the entertainment TV and movie biz. Years ago I had a chance to act (made a couple of commercials and a TV pilot) and even had an agent who wanted to rep me, but when I saw all the bullshit that went on behind the scenes I took a pass. I decided that I wanted to say my own lines in life and not have someone spoon feed them to me. Acting is the art of fakery and I have more respect for a schoolteacher than I do for any actor. But that's just me and no one has to agree with me if they don't want to.

If you want to see something real on TV I'd suggest you watch 48 Hours, Dateline, Forensic Files or almost any show on the ID Channel. That's the only "Reality TV" that I care to watch.

As far as Emily goes and her Bravo TV show, I say more power to her and I hope the show is a success and has more than one "season." She seems like a nice enough person and I wish her well. I wouldn't take anything about the show too seriously one way or the other. There are a lot more important things going on in the world today to concern ourselves with.

You talk of not wanting to be part of the show business lie. She's the biggest lie in pool.

We keep letting outside forces control pool's destiny. Foreign media companies, corporations and players promoted who are undeserving of attention. All feeding off pool as the game shrinks.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It's an art Jay, its an art.

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry, lost you in the noise!

Been bringing girls and ladies in halls for fifty years and none were ever treated like this. (Hu)

I don't doubt the part in red. The question is what happens if they go in without you?

Sorry, lost your post in all of the noise!

I can only go by what I see of other single girls in pool halls but I have never seen any girl constantly insulted while she was trying to play pool. Just the opposite in fact. A girl's attractiveness goes up in proportion to the lack of available girls. Emily is probably the best looking gal in the pool hall when she comes in alone. Chasing her would be normal male chauvinist behavior, insulting her wouldn't be.

Odd dynamic in the show. It was probably staged, if not I have to think that Emily has managed to make herself very unattractive in her homeroom. She isn't homely so I have to assume it is other qualities if that is so.

Hu

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

"If you want to see something real on TV I'd suggest you watch 48 Hours, Dateline, Forensic Files or almost any show on the ID Channel."

I've been on Forensic Files. While the stories are true, the method or manner in which Forensic Science solved the murders are not so true. Yes, forensic science is used, but most of the time it is after a suspect has been identified, captured and after confession. It is then that forensic science is often used to strengthen the case as a last resort.

When our case was spotlighted, you would have thought a couple of nerds (no offense) in lab coats from across the state solved the case. Hell, after the show, I doubted myself. :wink:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I haven't posted in this thread yet but I finally did watch the complete "Emily" episode.

It's very difficult for *hard core* pool players/enthusiasts like us to watch a show such as this one without being critical of some things that came across as either scripted or corny or inaccurate. However, people like us must make up a very small % of the show's viewing audience.

My suggestion as tough as it may be would be to try and watch this show through a less pool-savvy lens like how the majority of viewers would.

Emily seems to be a nice young lady who plays decent pool and represents our sport well, imo. Not being a world-beater better not be a measure of a person's worth or a lot of az'ers including myself are in big trouble. :grin:

The show was supposed to be a social experiment, hokey or not, I don't think it portrayed our sport in a bad light. In fact, it may have caused some viewers to want to go to a pool joint to hit a few balls. :thumbup:

Overall this was a net positive for pool, imo.

best,
brian kc

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I haven't posted in this thread yet but I finally did watch the complete "Emily" episode.

It's very difficult for *hard core* pool players/enthusiasts like us to watch a show such as this one without being critical of some things that came across as either scripted or corny or inaccurate. However, people like us must make up a very small % of the show's viewing audience.

My suggestion as tough as it may be would be to try and watch this show through a less pool-savvy lens like how the majority of viewers would.

Emily seems to be a nice young lady who plays decent pool and represents our sport well, imo. Not being a world-beater better not be a measure of a person's worth or a lot of az'ers including myself are in big trouble. :grin:

The show was supposed to be a social experiment, hokey or not, I don't think it portrayed our sport in a bad light. In fact, it may have caused some viewers to want to go to a pool joint to hit a few balls. :thumbup:

Overall this was a net positive for pool, imo.

best,
brian kc

Yeah, I saw it too. The special effects were cool. Yeah, the "set up" was expected. Well, of course the guy she has known for years is not going to stop treating her the same way he treats everyone, like loud mouth know it all. And of course, even he was not going to start razing a "new" guy he just met, who said he was cousins with Jennifer... so he was not some random dude, he was a family member of a well respect pool player from the same room. I mean, even Finn is not that big of a jerk, is he ? ;)

So, not really the same thing, but I don't think viewers thought about that.

Now, to better things..... why was there Magic Chalk on the table next to the pool table? My wife caught it, I didn't. It was next to Jennifer's case. I always liked Jen Beretta, and if she is using Magic Chalk, someone tell me and I'll send her a few boxes, no charge ;)

sonny burnett

Registered
After most of a lifetime spent in one room or another I really call hollyweird on the insults.

I have never heard anything close to what was presented. It's actually quite the opposite. Anyone trying that crap got a very quick and lasting lesson in social studies.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, of course the guy she has known for years is not going to stop treating her the same way he treats everyone, like loud mouth know it all. And of course, even he was not going to start razing a "new" guy he just met, who said he was cousins with Jennifer... so he was not some random dude, he was a family member of a well respect pool player from the same room.

This is what I've been thinking and surprised that no one has mentioned this part, as it has nothing to even do with gender/sex aspect of it all.

Friends bust each others' balls, male or female...not that hard to understand.

No one is just going to start talking shit to a person they just met for no reason, let alone a family member of Jen B.

Anything on TV is setup for entertainment/drama, common sense. Man this thread took a turn.

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
funniest thing I have read in a long time!

Show "all indications".

Show stats.

pj
chgo

pj,

You have a thirty year plus record of ignoring proof of simple mechanical principles. Do you really think I am going to waste time researching for you? Dig for yourself! You can find stat's to support anything you want to. However, I have long been able to look at things for myself.

I wasn't taught to hate. I was taught to be tolerant of all people. I stick to that until I am met with intolerance and people that walk on other's rights. Every time I see a baker hauled into court over what turns out to be a set-up from the jump, every time I see a florist getting the same treatment at their own business, I get a little less tolerant. There is an old rule of nature we see every day right here on AZB. Push somebody, they push back! My tolerance fades fast when people want to be equal but with special privileges.

Hu

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
my qualifications. what about yours?

That's about 10 years before I ever posted online.

lol

Research clearly isn't your strong suit.

pj
chgo

Somebody sent me some of your posts from the stone age, the eighties. You were saying the same BS then. Was it RSS feed? Anyway, that is when I quit wasting time trying to explain to you water is wet.

About R&D, you know RESEARCH and DEVELOPMENT. I made my living at it for years and was Vice President of a Research and Development corporation. I was recruited for that position by a man that had over eighty patents to his name.

Now, just what are your research qualifications??

Hu