How many pool organizations are there and can you explain them?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I am wondering how many pool organizations are there and what are there names? I know of the VNEA and the BCA and the WPA but who else is there? Can you explain them? Like what they do and what the acronym stands for and where they are located. I am pretty much only interested in north american stuff. Seeing as that is where I live.

Thanks

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Too many. Reason for each is MONEY & POWER of each KING FISH in their little pond.

No one works together, it is not good for their individual bottom line.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Gotcha I have heard you guys talk about how this is damaging pool.

Pick a sport that is sucessful. By sucessful I am say Pro's get paid, never stiff with rubber check, have benefit packages. Plus sponsor who've pony up real amount of money.

The list in long. LPGA, PGA, NFL, MLB, NHL, NASCAR, etc., and all only have one governing body.

Pool has many Big Fish, each with their little pond.

Common sense is not common.

Old Joke:

What is difference between Pro Pool Player & Extra Large Pizza?

You can feed family of (4) with extra large pizza!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
While there is no real way to answer this, one can get a feel for it.

For the most part, it all starts with the World Confederation of Billiards Sports (WCBS), the governing body for all cue sports in the world, including pool, snooker, billiards, etc.

Governing bodies of the individual sports are accountable to the World Confederation of Billiards Sports, and in the case of pool, the governing body is the World Pool Association (WPA).

National and multinational pool organizations such as the Billiard Congress of America (BCA), the European Pocket Billiard Federation (EPBF) and the Asian Pocket Billiard Union (APBU), and others, fall under the umbrella of the WPA.

There are national tours and regional tours that report in to organizations like BCA, EPBF and APBU. In some cases, there are independent tours unaffiliated with these organizations. the most famous independent tour was the IPT in 2006-07.

…. and so on and so on and so on.