CTE Video Of The Day - #37 & #38

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
#37 CTE Pro1 Contrast With Quarters System (33)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmnTrgKkT8E&list=UUW8lTFYIYGN2AjHKN23M-RQ&index=34&t=0s

#38 Very Informative Dose Of CTE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV5HZy-lVaI&list=UUW8lTFYIYGN2AjHKN23M-RQ&index=32&t=43s

This is about shooting a straight in shot. The difference between conventional and CTE. (always your choice, but there is a difference)

I'm going to add video #34 everyday because it is the crux of obtaining the correct visual and how to sweep into it. If you get this, you'll get CTE. If you don't, you won't.

CTE Pivot Directions and CTE Pro1

#34 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iuvQT7dwfs&list=UUW8lTFYIYGN2AjHKN23M-RQ&index=35&t=55s

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Target shooting" is for losers....

#37 CTE Pro1 Contrast With Quarters System (33)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmnTrgKkT8E&list=UUW8lTFYIYGN2AjHKN23M-RQ&index=34&t=0s
#38 Very Informative Dose Of CTE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV5HZy-lVaI&list=UUW8lTFYIYGN2AjHKN23M-RQ&index=32&t=43s
This is about shooting a straight in shot. The difference between conventional and CTE. (always your choice, but there is a difference)
I'm going to add video #34 everyday because it is the crux of obtaining the correct visual and how to sweep into it. If you get this, you'll get CTE. If you don't, you won't.
#34 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iuv...index=35&t=45s (20)
Good information as always, SpiderMan.
Regarding #38 concerning straight-in shots.
If the student, who is converting from the traditional business of fractions, ghost balls, "feel", see-the-shot, or whatever, is not very careful, something troubling can happen in his/her game.
If he gets lackadaisical in thinking, he/she can UNKNOWINGLY slowly drift back into the old fashioned hackneyed methods mentioned above which put the student into a "target shooting" mode.
This will result in a HUGE drop in pocketing success rates. It is a deadly fatal process that occurs incrementally and suddenly those straight-ins start going off a little..and a little more..and a little more and the student will say to himself...."what the dickens is happening here?"
The encouraging part is the remedy is right there at hand......just force oneself to get right back into the groove of shooting off that angled cue as has been done in the past. "Back to the fundamentals" of CTE, if you will. And the system will bury that 'target shooting' thing. The system will take over again and work naturally with the eyes and body to again start drilling those straight-ins with great proficiency.
How do I know this? Because it has happened to me...….and it always seems to happen in an important match where some $$ is at stake instead of at the rehearsal sessions.
By the way, as you know, I AM NO INSTRUCTOR for this. Just relating things I have personally experienced.
Regards,
P.L.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Balls don’t have edges......

If a major league baseball player swings at a ball and barely nicks it on the farthest inside part of the ball from his perspective, what is that part of the ball called?

The front of the ball or the edge of the ball? What would it be called from the umpire's viewpoint or the pitcher?

From the umpires viewpoint, if the very most outside or inside part of the BB crossed the very most outside or inside of the plate, would it not be called the edge of the baseball connecting with the edge of the plate for a called strike? It's a perception. Same with pool balls. It doesn't have a fixed edge but it does have a constantly changing edge based on perspective of where one is standing in relation to the ball or balls.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody who says "balls don't have edges" is nuts

If a major league baseball player swings at a ball and barely nicks it on the farthest inside part of the ball from his perspective, what is that part of the ball called?
The front of the ball or the edge of the ball? What would it be called from the umpire's viewpoint or the pitcher?
From the umpires viewpoint, if the very most outside or inside part of the BB crossed the very most outside or inside of the plate, would it not be called the edge of the baseball connecting with the edge of the plate for a called strike? It's a perception. Same with pool balls. It doesn't have a fixed edge but it does have a constantly changing edge based on perspective of where one is standing in relation to the ball or balls.
You are absolutely right...!!
I have had quite the experience way back there when I was young with big league pitching from old guys who were on there way down from the majors and into the Southern League. I had been taught by my dad to bat as a lefthander since it put you 3 feet closer to First base....that was an old adage of Ty Cobb, whom he knew.
As a young "red hot" pup, I didn't think Feller or Garcia or Preacher Rowe, or any of those big dogs could get something past my young eyes and reflexes. Hah!...man was I in for a surprise.
I got called up to the Lookouts (Chattanooga) for a tryout..they were the farm team for the Dodgers when "dem bums" were in Brooklyn. And who did I have to face....the big old smokeballer from Brooklyn, Whit Wyatt. And he just burned my young ass...I mean pardner, he burned me.
He'd yell...."okay you little rookie hillbilly....here comes one and I'm going to send the edge of the ball..low and away and you don't have a prayer you little bastard."
And something would go by just hissing with danger and catch that corner....."STEERIKE".
I'd look around at the Ump with a snarl and he'd say....."the EDGE of the ball caught the plate, kid".
I lasted 3 days and then was on the train back to Atlanta. "Good field..no hit" they called me. Same thing happened at Birmingham and Memphis.
Spheres don't have edges...until the human eye sees them. Then they have edges.
I relate that thinking to...."if a tree falls in the forest does it make any noise if nobody is there to hear it?" Any "scientist" (and I despise smart aleck scientists) knows the answer to that one.
Regards,
P.L.