On The Road Again with Perfect Aim....

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So many good things happened today I don't know where to start......

Got down to the Marriott and the tables were all full.

Bobby Sr introduced me to a couple of his friends and told them how much they needed to know what I teach.

Looks like they are going to do a lesson but it's just too busy there right now.

I went in and played a ring game for awhile. Then I played in a couple of mini tournaments.

Then I went back into the action area and got in a $10 ring game with 5 players.

I never got to shoot a shot for 7 racks. I think the guys name was Billy . He shot right before me.

Finally he broke dry and I got to shoot out a tough rack. Then I ran out the next getting me above where I started out.

Everyone quit.

As I was hitting some balls a guy named Tony came up and wanted to play me some sets. I said sure and beat him 3 or 4 sets before he quit.
I need to count my money to remember how many exactly. I'm pretty pooped. I just got back to the room at 8:00AM.

Then there was a young guy sitting there and I asked him what his level of pool was. He said B. I said how would you like to not be a B anymore.

He said sure. Get up here and I'll show you how.

I gave him a real quick Perfect Aim lesson. He had been up all night but after we got done he couldn't stay off the table. And all the shots were going in.

I told him your not a B anymore are you.

His reply was ,,,I'm making all the shots. And he was.

He definitely didn't look like a B player anymore either.

Then there was this old guy about my age. His name is Glen. He had been watching me play and watched me help out the young guy.

We got to talking and it turns out he lost his right eye about a year ago. he's a trucker and he can't even drive truck anymore because they won't let you with one eye.

I told him to get out his cue and i would show him some stuff that would make it real easy for him to aim with that one eye. In fact i told him that some of the best players in the world play with only one eye. He just needed to know how to use it.

I worked with him for about 15 minutes and he didn't say too much at first. Then finally he said it definitely seems to work better.

They call him Cowboy he said.

I can't imagine losing an eye.

Anyway the night and morning was one thing after another and another.

And my energy level is going through the roof.

I'm tired but my vision is good and i shot great pool right up to the end.

This eating right and losing weight has me on the right track.

21 more lbs to go and look out.

I might be doing allot more playing than teaching for sure.

getting down to 170 is one game I am going to win.

Winning pool games and tournaments will just be a real nice perk.

I'm feeling the power already.

One man a van and the road...........PS I met our own Basementdweller on AZ billiards here in Indy. What a treat. I think he even had a little wager on some sets I was playing. He won and so did I. Imagine that .....

Last edited:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excited about getting there and the journey...........

I had something happen last night and this morning that I've been working on for about a month.

Getting back into the mindset that the shot is the most important thing in the world when your there. Being able to focus and really zero in on the task at hand.

I've been there before and stayed there for years at one point in my pool career and I'm knocking on the door right now.

This is why the same players win over and over. When all the chips are on the line they can execute the shot. Keep the focus. This is what it takes.

When I walk into the tournament room at Indy i see a whole bunch of players that have been there before. I can't tell who they are by looking but I have really learned to respect what i can't see. They come in all shapes and sizes. Just look at me. Players look at me and just start drooling for a minute. After about an hour of playing me for the cash the drooling stops and their trying to hang onto their ars and their cash.

There are so many grey haired guys like me that have been there and would like to get back there if they could.

If they only knew that my perfect Aim would get them there it would make it so much easier. But for now they can't get there because they just keep missing the same shots because of the eyes inability to keep the dominant eye in the most Perfect dominant position.

As we get older we lose what little natural ability to focus and coordinate the body with the eyes. When over 40ish or so we need to know where these natural sights are and how to stay there on every shot.

This is why allot of older players just can't seem to get there anymore.

Plus there are a whole bunch of younger players that never will get there because the eyes are so inconsistent.

I'll never forget what Nick Vita said. he won the 2008 one pocket championship. When i showed him Perfect Aim he said to me. if a player wants to play better pool at any level they need to ship $200 to Gene and it will happen.

The video is only $80.

Most of the older players have seen too much and think that Perfect Aim is just another slick idea to just shake and bake an old idea and try to make some money.

Wrong.

it is the freshest and newest way to look at shots that has every been shown in the world and it will help everyone.

Most of the time I show a player just a little bit of how it works. they think they know it all then and don't do the lesson.

This is what I saw here in Indy and when I came back 2 months later they were lining up.

The other part is the eating and exercise to get the body in the best shape possible for the task at hand. pool is pretty physical. That's why when someones health goes, so does the pool game or at least the competitive side of it.

We need to clean up the kitchen before we prepare the meal.

Get that body in shape and take control of your life. Your the only one that can do it. Get determined and get it done.

I'm on one of the toughest journeys in my life. trying to do this while on the road. it would be so much easier to go home but i guess I have no home. home is on the road.

170 lbs here I come to getting in the best shape of my life.

If you knew what Perfect Aim would do for your game I would be sending out 1000 videos tomorrow. It is everything that I say and all the testimonials say.

If you knew what losing 20 to 50 lbs would do for your health you would be on a health mission to get it done also.

The only one that can do it for you is you.

One man a van and the road..........

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got to get down to the Marriot........

Played pool until 8:00 AM this morning.

Just got up and need to go back down. Usually at these things the guys running the tournaments tear down the tables as soon as they can.

John Stitch is usually pretty good at leaving them mostly until the end.

I have a bunch of players that still want lessons down there or buy videos.

If they buy the video without the full lesson i still like to give them a little mini lesson so they get the most from the video and understand it better.

This was one sweet tournament and the players overall were just the best.

Many of them had never heard of perfect Aim when I first show up. The second day and the third day i had players coming up to me steady to ask questions.

This is just sweet.

Many of the players that can't afford a personal lesson or buy the video learn allot with the free mini lesson.

One guy I worked with was in Afganistan for awhile. I talked to him a little and can see the pain the experience has brought to his life.

He was looking for a job. Out of work right now. I felt honored to give him a little bit of my time and show him how to see the shots better.

It was kind of funny but then again not. When I was describing how much a pool shot is like shooting a gun I pointed the cue stick at him like a gun to demonstrate something. He quickly moved over to the side.

That's a strong reaction but a very real one.

Got to go.

One man a van and the road......

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More action tonight..........

Bobby Jr just called me to come down and play some.

I don't know if I can. The shoulder and neck are really stiff. The neck is real sore. Just put ice on it for about a half hour.

I'll see how it is in about an hour. That breaking the balls at the tourny this weekend took a toll on my shoulder. When the shoulder gets weak the neck muscles try to help out and get pretty sore. Can't turn the head real good.

Bobby might have it real easy tonight. But then again you never know?

I won't know how it will be until i hit some balls.

But it usually isn't good when it feels like this for the game.

I really like playing Bobby. he's got a great break and makes you play really good or your pockets going to get empties out.

Tomorrow will be my last day here.

I'm probably going to try and play.:yikes:

I always wanted to use this face on here. This seems to be a good spot for it.

One man a van and the road.........

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Geno -- what is the status on your efforts to produce a new version of your video?

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Need to hook up with Big Truck........

Geno -- what is the status on your efforts to produce a new version of your video?

We shot most of the scenes down in Texas.

He's been too busy and I've been all over the place.

Can't give you an answer at this time.

As soon as possible..........that's the best I can say or do.......

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gonna have to quit playing.............

I need to work on my health. trying to play after playing hard for 2 days is pretty tough.

The icing and the ibprophen are ok but I need to exercise the shoulder and then rest it inbetween.

It's so close to healing and I feel that if I can stay off the table for awhile I can get there.

Today I tried out my being diabetic. I bought some gluten free snickerdoodles and ate about 6 of them. they were small but there was about 100 carbs or more. My blood sugar hardly spiked and 2 hours later was at 106. Pretty normal.

So I ate some popcorn. About 100 carbs worth and the same thing.

I'm so close to getting things under control. If I can control this being diabetic I know my shoulder and ribs will heal up. Not much blood flow to the ribs anyway.

I'm going to get an A1c test tomorrow.

I'm pumped about this.

The peppers, broccoli and the carrots with the chicken cheese enchilada soup is a part of it. Gluten free bread is also helping.

I'll still be doing lessons.

Boy, it's going to be tough to not play.

Maybe it's time to start playing one pocket.

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I need to work on my health. trying to play after playing hard for 2 days is pretty tough.

The icing and the ibprophen are ok but I need to exercise the shoulder and then rest it inbetween.

It's so close to healing and I feel that if I can stay off the table for awhile I can get there.

Today I tried out my being diabetic. I bought some gluten free snickerdoodles and ate about 6 of them. they were small but there was about 100 carbs or more. My blood sugar hardly spiked and 2 hours later was at 106. Pretty normal.

So I ate some popcorn. About 100 carbs worth and the same thing.

I'm so close to getting things under control. If I can control this being diabetic I know my shoulder and ribs will heal up. Not much blood flow to the ribs anyway.

I'm going to get an A1c test tomorrow.

I'm pumped about this.

The peppers, broccoli and the carrots with the chicken cheese enchilada soup is a part of it. Gluten free bread is also helping.

I'll still be doing lessons.

Boy, it's going to be tough to not play.

Maybe it's time to start playing one pocket.[/QUO

Hang in there, Geno. You will get there for sure. One man, one van and the road!

Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
Bobby Jr just called me to come down and play some.

I don't know if I can. The shoulder and neck are really stiff. The neck is real sore. Just put ice on it for about a half hour.

I'll see how it is in about an hour. That breaking the balls at the tourny this weekend took a toll on my shoulder. When the shoulder gets weak the neck muscles try to help out and get pretty sore. Can't turn the head real good.

Bobby might have it real easy tonight. But then again you never know?

I won't know how it will be until i hit some balls.

But it usually isn't good when it feels like this for the game.

I really like playing Bobby. he's got a great break and makes you play really good or your pockets going to get empties out.

Tomorrow will be my last day here.

I'm probably going to try and play.:yikes:

I always wanted to use this face on here. This seems to be a good spot for it.

One man a van and the road.........

Who. Won ill say bobby

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sure did and he shot good...........

Who. Won ill say bobby

Bobbys a great player and you have to play good to stick with him.

I couldn't get out warming up and it didn't change when we played.

I thought I could use this little short stroke and get by but it's hard sometimes to stick to that on the 9 foot diamond.

For some reason as players we seem to feel we can focus and get through things and play better.

When you have some physical things going on it just doesn't get any better though.

If a person has never had shoulder surgery or problems they wouldn't understand. There are a whole lot of muscles that make up that shoulder and they all have to work right. Just one getting weak or sore or stretched can make everything out of wack.

Before we even started playing I told Bobby and his dad that I shouldn't probably play. Bobby had called me at around 6:00 to come down and play. I was just going to get a massage and rest but instead I got the ice on the shoulder off and on for about 3 hours to try and settle it down. Then down to the Brickyard I went.

Bobby is playing real good right now and if you can't put any heat on him like most good players he's just going to run you over.

I'm trying to lose this weight right now. I'm about 192 and shooting for 170. I'm going to make a commitment to myself to forget about doing what seems to be mission impossible, trying to compete and just take care of my health. I need to get this shoulder stronger. If I can't there's no sense in competing or gambling.

Right now I'm like Jeckle and hyde. I know when I'm not going to be able to play. I get tightness or pain in the shoulder or both . The problem is I still want to play.
If I'm gambling it can happen at any time. If it happens when I play it doesn't hurt but just feels real tired. Like your walking up a hill and your legs feel like they can't take another step. That's how the shoulder feels.

If I've played real hard for a day and was breaking hard the next day I'm real sore and tight and can't play well. But sometimes if i ice up I can play pretty good but not top notch the next day. This makes it real hard for a 2 or 3 day tournament.

Bottom line is you have to play consistent.

I need to get stronger in the shoulder. that will be my main goal in the next 3 months.

Then we'll see from there.

I want to play and compete in the worst way. Unfortunately my shoulder is between my brain and my cue. If it doesn't work right it's kind of hard to get the job done.

it's tough to play when you put center English on the ball and when you go to stroke through and you almost miscue with extreme right or left English.

Anyone that has had shoulder surgery would understand. If you havn't had surgery you don't have a clue.

I'll never forget the 2nd and 3rd month after the surgery. If I was going to shake hands with someone I would have to really focus hard or I would miss their hand with mine. Then once they had my hand in theirs I would pray that they didn't shake it too hard or they would hurt me real bad without trying.

I've learned that when I miss a shot when the arm is tired or sore that the elbow just comes out a little to the right. This is the same thing that happens when i try to lift some light weights and I'm doing the 3rd set and the muscles are real tired. The right elbow will just kind of drift out to the right as i'm trying to lift up.

Maybe I can fix this with exercise and maybe not. i just know that I have to try.

I've had allot of fun here in Indy playing with Bobby Jr and Sr. I really appreciate the action and the practice. 2 stand up guys for sure.

But they will tell you that when I'm not right I can't beat anyone. In fact it's kind of embarrassing to say the least.

And the fact of the matter is I can teach even if the arm feels like it is going to fall off. So my commitment to just teaching and not playing for awhile is good news. I can do what I need to do to work the shoulder like I should and can still help players everywhere I go.

One man a van and the road............

billf59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
phone lesson

I called Gene yesterday and got a free phone lesson all I can say is wow he showed me how perfect aim works and I think it is grate I am going to order the dvd because he dose not come through this area of Alabama we had a grate session and a grate phone visit thanks Gene

SamShaddey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey geno I played you in Indy last weekend I'm the guy who called fowl on you for making the set look to easy! I wish you had said something about your lessons I would have been interested. But maybe next time!

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got off the phone with Scott from Tucson,AZ

Just got off the phone with Scott from Tuscon.

I skipped around a little with the phone lesson from this part to that part of Perfect Aim and had to slow down and start right back up from the beginning.

He was having trouble understanding how this worked but it was because I didn't explain things in the right order. I had to build it up from one part to the next like telling a good story or a joke.

This is why I tell all the players that buy the video to can me for the free phone lesson because it's hard sometimes to figure this out sometimes even in person.

But with Scott I just started over and within another 40 minutes we had him on the right track to seeing the balls the way he should.

Anyone out there that has the video and hasn't called me for the phone lesson please do. I don't mind helping.

One man a van and the road..........

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perfect Aim in Davenport, Iowa...........

The shoulder is worse than i thought. I will be rehabbing in Davenport

I will be working as a cable contractor/ direct sales for awhile here in Davenport. I will be hiring some local guys, hopefully some pool players right here.

I will work on my health and make some money also.

I'm going to still do the phone lessons and I will do personal lessons here in Davenport also.

The nice thing is Davenport is kind of in the middle of the whole USA.

Win, win all around.

Ballbreaker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Geno is the man

A friend from my pool league called me yesterday morning and told me to put his stuff on AZ Billiards to sell, hes been having a tough time getting in stroke. Hes been missing shots and losing to league players he normally dominates. So he said he was giving up playing. I told him to quit being a little ***** that everyone loses and just go back to basics and get his stroke back, he still said no. Ive been telling him to call Gene for months and told him I would call Gene and tell him whats going an and see if he could help. Gene said of course have him call me right away and I called my friend and he didnt think it would help, but gave in and called Gene. Needless to say after talking to Gene for about 40 mins on the phone. Afterwards my friend called me in amazement, he said he can see shots like never before, is making shots better than he use to, and has revived his interest in playing again,,,, he even got stupid and said he was going to kick my ass in our weekly 9 ball tournament tonight,,,, he must be drinking,lol. But either way thanks Gene, perfect aim does work, for anyone who doubts it, they should give Gene a call and see for yourself. Thanks again Gene for all you do for the sport.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't that amazing.......

A friend from my pool league called me yesterday morning and told me to put his stuff on AZ Billiards to sell, hes been having a tough time getting in stroke. Hes been missing shots and losing to league players he normally dominates. So he said he was giving up playing. I told him to quit being a little ***** that everyone loses and just go back to basics and get his stroke back, he still said no. Ive been telling him to call Gene for months and told him I would call Gene and tell him whats going an and see if he could help. Gene said of course have him call me right away and I called my friend and he didnt think it would help, but gave in and called Gene. Needless to say after talking to Gene for about 40 mins on the phone. Afterwards my friend called me in amazement, he said he can see shots like never before, is making shots better than he use to, and has revived his interest in playing again,,,, he even got stupid and said he was going to kick my ass in our weekly 9 ball tournament tonight,,,, he must be drinking,lol. But either way thanks Gene, perfect aim does work, for anyone who doubts it, they should give Gene a call and see for yourself. Thanks again Gene for all you do for the sport.

And that was a lesson over the phone.

But once you really understand it the rest is history.

I was glad to help. We need all the pool players that we can get. Need to fill up those leagues and tournaments.

From what i see around the country pool is bigger and better than ever before.

And I hope he does kick your ars.;) A little friendly competition never hurts anyone. :rolleyes:

Thanks again geno........

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I finally won a big one.

I heard they were having another $1000 tournament at the Carom room in Beloit.

Gosh, Dave Coles, Duane tulane, Carlos and the rest of the gang there have been doing this for pool for a long time.

How sweet is that.

I hoped in the car for the 2 1/2 hour drive from Davenport. Many of these tournys get done in one day so I didn't bring any clothes of my sleep apnea machine.

Bad move. At 10:45 they let us know that they would have to finish it tomorrow.

My buddy hank Smith offered to let me stay at his house. That was pretty cool. He has an extra bed and even washed my clothes for Sunday.
Amazing what a guy will do once he buys you in the calcutta to help you win. :rolleyes:

This is what it's all about. Special moments like this with friends. I'll never forget my night at Hanks. Friends helping out friends. It don't get any better than this.......

I can't drive back to davenport because that would be 5 hours of driving back and forth. But I know i won't sleep well without my machine to help me breath.

I woke up about every 5 minutes or less all night. I'm still in the winners bracket but I don't like my chances. I feel like I didn't sleep at all.

I take a shower and get down to the poolroom and I play Tim Volkman. from Oshkosh, Wi. Tim did my Perfect Aim lesson about a year or so ago and is playing pretty sporty. They still have him rated as a non master but they should be bumping him up in the near future.

Tim put me in the losers and played really well. I didn't play well in fact I dogged 3 outs.

Now I have to regroup. Get my thoughts together and settle down. I'm so tired that I'm having trouble even thinking at this point.

I decided to just bear down and just focus on each and every individual shot. That's all a pool game is anyway. Just a whole bunch of shots.

There was 8 left on Sunday morning and by me losing my first match I had to play the max matches that i would have to.

Tim Volkman lost to Brian Groce in the hill match. Finally i got through the losers so I could get another shot at Tim. If I can get by Tm I then have a chance to Play Brian and maybe double dip this proven champion.

This was my thoughts. If I get by Tim i need to try and win it all. My mind is set.

Tim put me through the fire. He played really well and I think i won the match on the hill.

Now I have to play Brian Groce. this is not going to be an easy task because he is a fighter and competitor.

One of the things i find out right away when i play someone is I see which eye is the dominant eye. When i push out I leave them a shot to the way of their non dominant eye. For Brian I made him always cut to the left. he is right eye dominant.

The first set was a struggle but this method didn't seem to be as effective as i thought in the first set but I played really well. never missed a ball and still only won on the hill.

Just getting to the hill with a player like Brian is almost a victory for most.

The second set was a different story. I got a few early opportunities to leave him shots to the left. In fact every time I got a chance to push or play safe he was cutting to the left.

By the end of the set his confidence was eroded and he even missed a few shots. Shooting so many shots to the left had been an accumulation.

I won the final set 8-5.

I know with a few rolls it could have very well have been Brian winning for sure but it's over and i finally won a big one.

And Brian, if you read this i just want to say thanks for being the player that you are and make us other pool players step up to another level to compete.

Wow i love to play pool.

This is why we play. to win.

One man a van and the road...........

iowa_player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats

Congrats Gene !!!

Was nice meeting you at Sharky's Friday night .
Hope to see ya around !

Larry