Fun Stuff... Need help with a name.....

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
We finally have the "SOLID" Leather break tip in testing ANNNND We have a Synthetic that so far is outperforming the Synthetics that are out.... I won't change the name of the "SOLID" but I am not sure I want to call the synthetic the "SOLID PRO".... I am leaning to "The HAMAR" or Maybe "SOLID-HAMAR" or "Outsville-Hamar"...

So far the testing has been better than expected on both tips.... And we are working on several new products...

If you saw me at Derby jumping 1/8" gaps 10 out of 10 yes the jump cue is on the way... The Icarus trick jumper lives and I will have demos at the expo... But back to the whole reason for the thread...

The break/jump tip is light tan... So the color won't help for a name... it has to be perfomanced based... Hammer?... Thunder?... Cracker? it's not that light tanned. get over it if I offended you LOL...

Looking for a name... Post what you think would flow off the tongue with "Outsville" knowing our leather tip is the "SOLID".... And our chalk is "Great White"..... ohh crap maybe cracker wasn't the one non-PC...

Seriously am looking for suggestions....

Chris

The Hulk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Syn-Pro
Syn-HAMAR
Syn-Tech
Or the leather tip is the SOLID and the synthetic is the ROCK
You cold sell them together and call it the Outsville (Rock Solid) combo pack
Or Brick Wall or Concrete

Last edited:

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have the Great White chalk.

How about the Hammerhead tips? It's a play on the word and consistent with your brand.

Stuff for pool sharks... Hamarhead Tips. I don't know why that spelling is important but there you go.

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Not to be overly negative Chris, but, Hamar, sounds a bit Middle Eastern. People aren't quite so huge on Middle Eastern these days.

Pretty close to The Hammer, and Joss has, The Thor Hammer wrapped up.

Ya know, if yer going to do a play on words and such. The Sledge. Just about everyone knows that a Sledge is a Hammer, only bigger. The Forge. In the old days, how many great things came out of The Smithy's Forge. Something that people can relate to easily. It just came from, "The Forge". It's new etc. For instance, a Forge connotates, Red Hot, Heat, Metal, Strength.

So, in other words, when you pick a name for a product, what other words does that name conjure up. Positive or negative. Just like the word Nova, as in Chevy Nova. No Va in Spanish means, "doesn't go". Have to be careful some times.

So as a joke, lets see how well Excalibur Cues sell vs Excrement Cues.

And Icarus. He never actually flew. Got too close to the sun and it melted the wax holding his feathers on. You know the rest.

So, Icarus kind of leaves a negative on anything that is supposed to fly, or work. So basically, to me anyway, Icarus denotes failure.

Gotta give the jumper a name that everyone can relate to. Something that everyone knows that flies. So, think of a name of an animal or object that people can relate to. As in, Rockie, The Flying Squirrel.

Rockie is a good name for a Break tip also.

Last edited:

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
We finally have the "SOLID" Leather break tip in testing ANNNND We have a Synthetic that so far is outperforming the Synthetics that are out.... I won't change the name of the "SOLID" but I am not sure I want to call the synthetic the "SOLID PRO".... I am leaning to "The HAMAR" or Maybe "SOLID-HAMAR" or "Outsville-Hamar"...

So far the testing has been better than expected on both tips.... And we are working on several new products...

If you saw me at Derby jumping 1/8" gaps 10 out of 10 yes the jump cue is on the way... The Icarus trick jumper lives and I will have demos at the expo... But back to the whole reason for the thread...

The break/jump tip is light tan... So the color won't help for a name... it has to be perfomanced based... Hammer?... Thunder?... Cracker? it's not that light tanned. get over it if I offended you LOL...

Looking for a name... Post what you think would flow off the tongue with "Outsville" knowing our leather tip is the "SOLID".... And our chalk is "Great White"..... ohh crap maybe cracker wasn't the one non-PC...

Chris

Here is one for you......"The Jumpinator"

tonythetiger583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sledge sounds good. I also like The Gavel.

Hammerhead seems to be winning if you want to go with Great Whites, and Hammerhead Sharks.

Last edited:

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Chris

Outsville Kompressor

Outsville Comet

Outsville Anvil

The Jackhammer

The Density Pro 1

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
How about Magic Tip... I kid, I kid.

Why not Hammer Head, another species of "shark" to go with your chalk, Great White.

Hammer Head Tips -

or even

Stingray Tips

Last edited:

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not to be overly negative Chris, but, Hamar, sounds a bit Middle Eastern. People aren't quite so huge on Middle Eastern these days.

Oh wow. I'm slightly offended, but sorry if thats how you feel, by the way what you see in the news it's not all of us who live in the Middle East, you just hear the major stuff.

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're playing up the control virtues, you might call it the Power Plant. I'd stay away from bundling the tip with your chalk though. Naming could get awkward.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Outsville SuperHard Synthetic

Attachments

• Superhard 3 .jpg
    Superhard 3 .jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HARD-KNOX

Since you're out of Knoxville and I'm sure we've all
been through the school of hard knocks in pool...lol

Good luck on the new name you choose and cheers
to continued success.

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Break Tip

How about "Punch Outs" doesn't mention the synthetic aspect but a decent play of words.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Hmmm good stuff so far... I am thinking HammerHead may be in the lead just because I can already see the graphic tying in to The Great White... Keep the suggestions coming.. Will likely do a poll with the top 6 or so.....

Thanks,

Chris