Update on the Des Moines pool scene

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
OK just got home and I am slam tore the hell up drunk. I literally was rocking a blanket in Big Dogs for the last two hours I was there. Whooped up on Campus with the jump stick playing for fun. Finally everyone and their mother bought me free drinks, I appreciate those a lot. The booze eased the pain. Onto the DSM Action Report.

The match between Jody and Jamie was another booked loser. Jamie broke like Hercules' lil cousin Ray Ray-ules. I mean the guy made 5 balls on break twice...I'm taking his break on Table 19 over Nevel. Speaking of that does anyone know if table 19 is for sale? I just wanna hit it with a damn sledgehammer until it breaks. Jody had Jamie behind for an hour or so but after that he had a hard time stringing racks together. I think the tables getting moist definitely hurt both players because those already goofy rails turned into a damn carnival. I want animal crackers. Oh hell moral of the story is Jamie ran the gauntlet and came out ahead.

Now, many people are aware of the big blowup between Jamie and myself. In this blow up he promised to literally shove his stick up his ass and quit pool if my two guys beat him, in return my guys were supposed to sign his stick. Clearly no one signed anything sooo he wrote #1 on the points leader board and I initialed it to be a good sport. I had to swallow some pride todayand damnit I hate it. Today there was no anamosity or bad words in the pool room we live King's dream out, of course I'm talking about Rodney King.

I don't know what the next match is doing to be I do know every match I lost, I still like my guys to win especially any rematches. When I get the go word, we're gonna go huntin.I had someone ask me a silly question and I thought they were being an ass at first until they waited for an answer and were really waiting to hear my thoughts. They asked, how the hell does anybody get 30 ahead in 12 hours of play on a barbox? Well when I figure that one out I'll be sure to post the answer.

Jamie is playing the best in town on a barbox...the next match I personally wanna see is Chance Vs. Fenton doing a 10 ahead. Holy shit I'd back Jamie or Jason, nah I'm lying I couldnt do it even if I wanted to although we did have some good laughs. Somebody book this shit please.

Athens is still my damn favorite player out here, he just plays the game the way it's supposed to be played minus his safety game. He breaks well, plays great shape, pockets balls about as clean as Earl. By the way did I mention I hate table 19.

We took some additional losses today that were amazing. Point is I;m great and sleepy. Later

Richardson

Who me ?
Silver Member
Im curious do people not from iowa read this ? ? ? ? ?

Anyhow im awake now and sober, had a little to drink last night. Did some woofin, and amazingly got offered the 5 ball by my friend Somphet. Frost quickly said ummmm ........... no thanks. lol :)

What i was thinking was and what i offered was somehow to match up 2 people against 2 of frost's stable and play where one side has to win both sets to win the dough. --- just and idea. This week has been one of the best ever for me with pool.

Got a little league tournament today, will play that and head to the pool hall later.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Just got a phone call, I'm sure they will be circulating around throughout the day. Jamie's got more action this weekend. I won't be involved in it but it's a tough game that I know Jamie likes. Fatigue might be an issue, I mean no one can play 10-12 hours a day for a week straight and it not catch up to u any.

Oh lord as far as Pet goes believe it or not Jason I wish to god he woulda given you the 5 ball now. I dont think he could win but I do think you wouldnt have charged him more than a 100 bucks. Unlike the guy that he gave the 6 and charged him $650 I somehow forgot to add that in. It's like all my losers are catchin up to me on the same damn day. It's insane. Just a bad run, we all experience that. Sometimes you are sitting on top of the world and then you're just down and gotta pick yourself up.

I'm new to this state but people are looking to come to DSM area now for some good action. Jamie has a bulls eye on him but I think he lives for the action. Any guy that is associated with me has a target and thats cool too. Whatever we can do to help out the area is a good thing.

I still think I am in a state of shock.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Even more action going down tonite!

Well we all know the game but who are the players. The game as usual, and might become the standard for bar table 9 ball is simple. 10 ahead barbox 9 ball rack your own. Now onto the players.

Tonite we got newly top ranked(formerly Frosty rank of 4th now up to 1st) Jamie Fenton from the local DSM area Versus Quad City giant Josh Johnson. They are playing even up no weight just play. Play starts at 9 PM and I'm thinking by about 1 AM the coin will be flipping again.

Some may be wondering but I have nothing to do with this match. Not backing anyone. I'm going to place a small sweat bet with someone there and I just might have to take the big fella on this one. Judging by what a lot of folks have been telling me there is no better place to play right now than Des Moines in the state. Everyone is betting it up and finally all the good players are clashing.

As usual come on out if you can. I'll be workin it. Later.

pooljunkie75

Bruce Johnson
Silver Member
OMG ...There is hope for you Frost!! Be careful though, once the dark side gets ahold of you it's hard to shake it....:eek:

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
The DSM Action Report

Soooo tonite the first ball was hit around 9:30 and the last ball was hit about 11:30. The game was 10 ahead 9 ball between Jamie Fenton and Josh Johnson. They played even up. Let's just say Josh might have to walk with a limp for a few days. He got crushed. Some may even question whether he dumped or not. I'm not saying he did but I gotta say I coulda played tonite and lasted longer than 2 hours in the box. I'm 8 and a half balls under them. :wink:

Moral of the story is this, the Big Fella can go. I'm gonna say something and I love everybody involved but this is a damn fact right here. If i were to bet someone last week that Jamie Fenton could beat Mike Athens(20 games ahead), Jody McLaughlin(10 games ahead), and Josh Johnson(10 games ahead), thats a total of 40 games ahead if you cant add, playing dead even in under 14 hours my PM box would have flooded with bets. he got 40 games ahead of some of the toughest action in the state. I'm gonna tell you something thats an incredible feat.

I bet against the Big Fella too much and now I think he has finally proven he's not a joke. I'm gonna do something that I usually don't do and start woofing(lol). As far as the state goes The Sleeve seems to be the next logical game. No I'm not forgetting Jon Kucharo and Chad Vilmont although they can get played if they make the game right for sure.

I havent even talked to Jamie yet but I'll bet the cash my damn self. Someone get a hold of Adam Behnke and tell him he can get two 10 ahead sets posted in Des Moines. That's the deal.

Jamie is sittin on a heater right now and it's gonna be hard to beat the kid. That's the straight up deal. Hell I'm sure a worthy opponent that makes the game right can get at least $5k in action against him when they want some. I've seen enough to know that right now he's as focused as I've seen any player in a good long time. It's great to see that kind of fire. I like my boys still all the way and none of them played bad at all and they still lost. Every single guy that stepped up played great and I'm proud and respect their efforts. Right now though Jamie is the toughest MF'er too touch. Super sick at the moment.

That's all I got right now, bowling was a blast tonite, It helps ease the pain. Until next time,get your game up.

Mikeyyyyy Frizzosssttt aka the Biggest Boss(I stole that)

ykndoit

UnRegistered Abuser
Silver Member
is all the " ahead sets" winner breaks? asuming so,just curious how jamie would fair if it was alternate breaks.

with someone on a heater like he is, seems like a variable for athens or jody to consider.

I personally like both better than jamie in that scenario(tbo I liked both better w/ winner breaks).

as for future matches, Dustin G. not reading this? Figured he would ride money train to dsm to get in the box w/ Jamie.

Richardson

Who me ?
Silver Member
Its winner breaks, and Jamie wouldnt want to play alt break.(infact noone would) Adam would be fun to watch. Dustin might wanna come play, him and jamie are pretty good friends.

Josh played like crap but he has the last few times hes been here on sundays too. That other thing you said is kind of low, you trying to start some nasty rumors there ?

Its toobad your guys backed out on the 1pkt challenge, would have been fun. I guess next is the 5 on 5 challenge if you can get them up to play that.

It was a fun week, i said on friday that if Jamie beat Jody all the good/big action would be over, if the top 2 players in town cant beat Jamie for the $ $ $ then its time to pull up. Kind of sucks, this week was super fun to be involved with and watch.

*** For anyone who wants a laugh. Jamie said he wouldnt move to Burlington if FROST would post up 2 sets(10 ahead,1k) a week with Athens or Jody. Frost chuckled looked him in the eye and said. Hell No. ***

ballndaside

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fun to watch

ive known jaime for a while this is the best that ive seen him play i have to give props to him yeah 3 years ago josh would have beaten jaime but now theres no way josh could beat jaime right now (when hes not drinkin) i rank him up there with a vilmont or barracks.
Whats this i hear a 5 man team match up what 5?Only players from desmones?whats the bet? If jaime moves to burlington is he allowed to play?

Richardson

Who me ?
Silver Member
ive known jaime for a while this is the best that ive seen him play i have to give props to him yeah 3 years ago josh would have beaten jaime but now theres no way josh could beat jaime right now (when hes not drinkin) i rank him up there with a vilmont or barracks.
Whats this i hear a 5 man team match up what 5?Only players from desmones?whats the bet? If jaime moves to burlington is he allowed to play?

Whos is ballndaside?

I dont think Jamie would want to play Chad V.

deadstroke7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gotta love the action as of late. Sunday tourament going to have some action or is everyone wore out?