Beginning Player Working On CTE

bdam123

Registered
OK, so I seriously have no idea what kind of turmoil CTE has caused some users here but this is just ridiculous. I don't know anyone here, I've never spoken to anyone besides my childhood friends about pool (and they definitely don't post on this forum), and I've never registered to this forum using a different name.

What is so unreasonable about asking how two identical shots results in two different angles? Am I crazy here?

And for you guys that are here drawing conclusion about who I am or might be are a sorry bunch, man. I don't care what method you swear by or if you're the best pool player in the universe, I came here to seek guidance from what seemed like a community of knowledgeable players. I'm not here to pick teams on whose aiming method is better.

If you can't answer the question go somewhere else and leave it to the people who can.

bdam123

Registered
Touchy, touchy, Danny boy. I wasn't hinting it was you at all and neither was Neil.

It's an alias alright from somebody who was here before with a different name.

Ironic that he phrased his post identically to the way you constantly do and have done more times than can be counted.

Is it you? NO! But I'd be willing to bet he knows you and you know him even if you don't know who it currently is as "bdam".

ehhh wrong. Whats wrong with you guys? This has to be the lamest shit I've ever encountered on a forum.

To dispel all these stupid claims about an alias, go to The Gear Page, Home Recording, The Acoustic Guitar Forum, or TDPRI and search my username. I'm a musician and have been posting on forums for the past ten years. Since you're so keen on recognizing writing styles, you'll find that it is indeed me on all those forums.

Now that thats out of the way, can we please go back to the original discussion?

Last edited:

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've been here since '04 and CTE has been a contentious subject since then and and before. Read the previous posts in this section on CTE and you will see how divided the opinions on this system are.
If you haven't been to this site, do youself a favor and take a look. Probably the best site besides Stan's youtube videos for explaining the system.
http://www.billiardsthegame.com/cte-the-nuts-and-bolts-653

ehhh wrong. Whats wrong with you guys? This has to be the lamest shit I've ever encountered on a forum.

To dispel all these stupid claims about an alias, go to The Gear Page, Home Recording, The Acoustic Guitar Forum, or TDPRI and search my username. I'm a musician and have been posting on forums for the past ten years. Since you're so keen on recognizing writing styles, you'll find that it is indeed me on all those forums.

Now that thats out of the way, can we please go back to the original discussion?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
It's not ironic. It is the same question that every confused user of CTE asks themselves. Even Stan admitted that he made some mistakes and hasn't explained things clearly and has also made it crystal clear the he intends to keep new users like dam in the dark until they spend another $70 to get his book in 2018, or maybe 2019, 2020?

Brian made some mistakes in his first edition of Poolology. He made corrections and set it right at his cost. Stan makes people buy DVD1, DVD2 and now his upcoming massive book to get the right information. Makes you wonder.

I could have written exactly what you did above before you posted it now knowing your every move in your "Mr. Innocent" act and ways to take another slam at CTE and Stan.

You certainly aren't a confused user because you aren't a user at all and neither is he.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

Are you a member in Brian's band? (the Poolology dude) Or do you know each other through the guitar forum?

I learned CTE straight from Hal Houle before Stan ever got involved. Like most everyone else, my initial lessons were over the phone numerous times before I had the opportunity to link up with him in person after he moved to PA and before he passed away.

The very first time we were on the phone he had me setting up to the balls to see and do things I had never done before or knew existed. It made no sense.
What made even less sense was how OB balls were going into pockets over and over without ever aiming directly at a spot or portion of it like I'd been doing for years.

And the icing on the cake was a manual pivot. How could this be while aiming the same way for multiple cut angles? Stan has refined it to be without a manual pivot.

You posted the following: "And for your information, I AM using the system (or at least I'm trying to) I've been watching the DVDs most nights for 3-4 weeks and have gotten to the table tow try it out, at this point, three times.
I don't see how, even if I've spent 10 years with it, I would be able to explain how two identical shots can result in two different angles.

Everyone goes through it. It makes no sense. The only thing you should be happy about right now is balls are going in. When you learn more you'll figure it out. But you said you've only used it 3 times on the table. Are different cut angles going in or are you missing? Basically you have just been born and come out of the womb
with CTE. 3 times on the table is like not even having taken your first steps walking yet.

The way YOU don't understand how CTE works by setting up to a shot the same way for different cut angles is the same way I don't understand how Jimi Hendrix, Slash, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton or any great guitar player could play the guitar the way they do and duplicate each note identically (or close to identically) each time they performed it. IMPOSSIBLE! (in my mind) How the F**K can they do that?! What does it take in memory and physical skills?

If it bothers you so much, contact the other musician in here and get involved with Poolology.
Maybe it will suit you better or the two of you can get together and jam or become part of the band.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You stepped on a hornet's nest when you posted your question. It is the same one that many of us ask. The various perceptions work for specific angles but there are gaps between those angles where the system just doesn't work. This is the view held by most of the instructors and physics guys in the forum. Most have moved on.

The CTE users claim there is some mysterious (Stan's word) phenomenon that happens with CTE where those gaps are filled in if you "just give it enough time." That seems to be the common thread that all CTE users say. You have to work hard at it and after time it will all just click. Many of us believe that what "clicks" is that the brain figures out how to fudge things so that you are filling in those gaps by changing your body position or with aiming swoops or whatnot while your conscious mind isn't even aware of it. The problem is that players like you and me see that if you follow the instructions, it doesn't matter if you do it 3 times or 3000 times, nothing changes.

Then you get the recommendation, "Just forget everything you know about playing pool, throw away your preconceptions and just let it happen." My theory is that this is a way to allow your subconscious mind to take over and fool yourself into believing that it is working. Many people claim they are making more balls than before. Well, if you do any set of steps consistently and pay enough attention, you will play better not matter what method it is.

Stan has said that "all will be explained" in his book. The mystery will be revealed, but you are going to have to wait probably until 2018 to get the real goods. There are some rabid CTE supporters here who never believe me, but I would be very happy for Stan if he could, in fact, show how to get more than one result from the same visuals. I assume you've seen Stan's video where he gets 5 different angles across the table from the same CTE/A perception.

Bottom line, you are not going to get the answer you are looking for. Don't bother engaging the CTE people here because it will only result in insults and become a waste of time. I don't engage them anymore.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You stepped on a hornet's nest when you posted your question. It is the same one that many of us ask. The various perceptions work for specific angles but there are gaps between those angles where the system just doesn't work. This is the view held by most of the instructors and physics guys in the forum. Most have moved on.

The CTE users claim there is some mysterious (Stan's word) phenomenon that happens with CTE where those gaps are filled in if you "just give it enough time." That seems to be the common thread that all CTE users say. You have to work hard at it and after time it will all just click. Many of us believe that what "clicks" is that the brain figures out how to fudge things so that you are filling in those gaps by changing your body position or with aiming swoops or whatnot while your conscious mind isn't even aware of it. The problem is that players like you and me see that if you follow the instructions, it doesn't matter if you do it 3 times or 3000 times, nothing changes.

Then you get the recommendation, "Just forget everything you know about playing pool, throw away your preconceptions and just let it happen." My theory is that this is a way to allow your subconscious mind to take over and fool yourself into believing that it is working. Many people claim they are making more balls than before. Well, if you do any set of steps consistently and pay enough attention, you will play better not matter what method it is.

Stan has said that "all will be explained" in his book. The mystery will be revealed, but you are going to have to wait probably until 2018 to get the real goods. There are some rabid CTE supporters here who never believe me, but I would be very happy for Stan if he could, in fact, show how to get more than one result from the same visuals. I assume you've seen Stan's video where he gets 5 different angles across the table from the same CTE/A perception.

Bottom line, you are not going to get the answer you are looking for. Don't bother engaging the CTE people here because it will only result in insults and become a waste of time. I don't engage them anymore.

LMAO! Dan "Mr. Innocent" White doesn't engage us anymore but engaged US and EVERYONE with another one of his baseless, knocking CTE posts right here with the current one above.

By "NOT ENGAGING" anyone he still managed to take a swipe at CTE, Stan, Users and Supporters, the book, and did it with his own misconceptions and lack of user knowledge that we "RABID proponents have.

You may claim not to know who "bdam" is but it was either a gift from heaven that played right into your hands to give you an excuse to continue the assault by using a third party or a very well scripted and planned way to use a shill to get the action going. Whatever, I KNOW it MADE YOUR DAY!

Last edited:

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member

You have noit seen anything yet, the CTE boys can play rough but wait until the comedians and clowns discover you're down and bleeding.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Are you a member in Brian's band? (the Poolology dude) Or do you know each other through the guitar forum?

I learned CTE straight from Hal Houle before Stan ever got involved. Like most everyone else, my initial lessons were over the phone numerous times before I had the opportunity to link up with him in person after he moved to PA and before he passed away.

The very first time we were on the phone he had me setting up to the balls to see and do things I had never done before or knew existed. It made no sense.
What made even less sense was how OB balls were going into pockets over and over without ever aiming directly at a spot or portion of it like I'd been doing for years.

And the icing on the cake was a manual pivot. How could this be while aiming the same way for multiple cut angles? Stan has refined it to be without a manual pivot.

You posted the following: "And for your information, I AM using the system (or at least I'm trying to) I've been watching the DVDs most nights for 3-4 weeks and have gotten to the table tow try it out, at this point, three times.
I don't see how, even if I've spent 10 years with it, I would be able to explain how two identical shots can result in two different angles.

Everyone goes through it. It makes no sense. The only thing you should be happy about right now is balls are going in. When you learn more you'll figure it out. But you said you've only used it 3 times on the table. Are different cut angles going in or are you missing? Basically you have just been born and come out of the womb
with CTE. 3 times on the table is like not even having taken your first steps walking yet.

The way YOU don't understand how CTE works by setting up to a shot the same way for different cut angles is the same way I don't understand how Jimi Hendrix, Slash, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton or any great guitar player could play the guitar the way they do and duplicate each note identically (or close to identically) each time they performed it. IMPOSSIBLE! (in my mind) How the **CK can they do that?! What does it take in memory and physical skills?

If it bothers you so much, contact the other musician in here and get involved with Poolology.
Maybe it will suit you better or the two of you can get together and jam or become part of the band.

I've been reading this thread with amusement. Unless bdam lives near Charleston WV, I don't know him. As far as online forums, I'm only on pool forums. One thing is clear: bdam isn't the first to struggle with learning CTE and he won't be the last. I think the best advice comes from those who say to keep working on it and to ignore the mystery of it. If it works, it works. Like the TAN or SIN or COS button on a calculator. Very few people know how to calculate the values by hand, but pushing the button works, even if they don't understand the function.

For bdam: good luck. Lol

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

Exactly. If a player has the time, their brain will figure out how to make anything work. It's called the rote system......shoot, miss, adjust, shoot, miss, adjust, shoot, make, shoot, miss, adjust, shoot, make, etc....

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been reading this thread with amusement. Unless bdam lives near Charleston WV, I don't know him. As far as online forums, I'm only on pool forums. One thing is clear: bdam isn't the first to struggle with learning CTE and he won't be the last. I think the best advice comes from those who say to keep working on it and to ignore the mystery of it. If it works, it works. Like the TAN or SIN or COS button on a calculator. Very few people know how to calculate the values by hand, but pushing the button works, even if they don't understand the function.

If he's actually working with CTE and making more balls, by his own admission, then he darn right knows that the same perception and sweep works for multiple ball positions.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Funny how all these NON USERS have so many theories on what's happening with CTE. All of them are very mis leading theories by the way.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have noit seen anything yet, the CTE boys can play rough but wait until the comedians and clowns discover you're down and bleeding.

It does get old having to put the non users in there place.
The fact that non users constantly put in correct theories out there is really very disturbing.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dude, I don't know who Dan is and I don't really care. I'm just trying to get better at pool. You're crazy

And for your information, I AM using the system (or at least I'm trying to) I've been watching the DVDs most nights for 3-4 weeks and have gotten to the table tow try it out, at this point, three times.

But if you are really trying it out with success you should certainly be able to admit that you can make two different angled shots with the same perception. Doesn't really matter if you can explain how that happens, All that matters is how to do it and that the balls fall.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

I'm sure there are those who struggle with your poolology also. But lets not single it out. They've not only struggled but abandoned 90/90, the SEE System, SAMBA, and Joe Tucker's Contact Point Aiming System.

I've come to the conclusion about the majority of pool players, especially those inhabiting forums, are a lazy and impatient group. If the system doesn't jump right out at them and create instant gratification, it's bye-bye system and some negative final comments.

Maybe you should try to get in touch with bdam and give him a tryout for your band.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Not true at all. Apparently, you didn't bother to actually read what I wrote. Here it is again-

If you were using CTE, you never would have asked that question, because you would already know the answer to it.

You see, anyone that actually asks that question, it is a huge tell that they aren't using the system at all. So, when they say that they are using it, but still have that question, then it is known by all actual users that they are full of it.

The Man said he bought both dvds. What he said is very understanding and the REAL truth, everyones going to question that. When someone repeats the exact same process the outcome should be the same. Cte doesn't have that.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
And you consider yourself a real pool player seasoned in the ways of all the types of personalities and hustles that are in pool rooms?

I don't think so. I think you're a great basement player. Nobody who is wouldn't possibly be that naïve to even think it was something else other than a troll. But then again, it gave you another opportunity to pounce on CTE yourself which is one of your favorite activities.

There are many possibilities in your post but the truth. Its easy to tell that being a know it all is probably your strongest trait. You must be a fun guy to be around.;)

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Its easy to tell that being a know it all is probably your strongest trait. You must be a fun guy to be around.;)

The same could be said about you except for one big difference. When it comes to CTE I DO know what I'm talking about. You on the other hand haven't the faintest clue.

I must be fun to be around. In real life I've got a lot of friends who I pal around with, play with, drink with, and talk to about a lot of different subjects.

How about you? Do you have any friends?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
The Man said he bought both dvds. What he said is very understanding and the REAL truth, everyones going to question that. When someone repeats the exact same process the outcome should be the same. Cte doesn't have that.

You wouldn't know if it smacked you right upside your head. In fact, it has smacked you right upside your head because we tried doing it and bounced off like a tennis ball.

He stated himself he's only been on the table 3 TIMES working with CTE.

At least it's 2 more times than you've been on the table with it.

He joined AZ 4 days ago. How did he find out about CTE and have time to purchase 2 DVDs? It would take him more than 3 days to watch one DVD and come close to grasping anything.

He must have been lurking here for years without joining. When he does, he b*tches about the system.