New Predator LED Light PIc?

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have a picture of these new Predator lights that the commentators keep mentioning during the 2020 Diamond 10-Ball?

They keep mentioning there is 5 of them in a cluster, which can be seen from the reflection off the balls, but it's hard knowing the size. I understand that players want the lights as high as possible, but 5 in a cluster makes it seem that they're smaller lights. They're clearly LED with a black'ish diffuser in the center, but other details are hard to know as well (concave/convex, length/width, thickness).

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
I would want to know the Color Temp and if the Excess Blue Light Has Been Filtered Out.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would want to know the Color Temp and if the Excess Blue Light Has Been Filtered Out.

After watching now, cool white seems to be the reference and from the overhead camera there doesn't appear to be any filtering, which is good if you plan to diffuse yourself. Also, there is 7 lights, not 5 like I thought. So those lights are either really high up or smaller fixtures. Being LED, there is a lot of unused area in those fixtures, which makes you wonder why they didn't angle in more LED strips. It seems like they cheaped out on the design, which I guess is foreshadowed by the fact that they have to use _SEVEN_ fixtures.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member

why
your not gonna buy one

you just obsess over it, like when you used to find every single one of my ads yr back to comment on about it

remember that? i do

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is there some site where I can see this light? I'm contemplating getting a new light for the table.

troyboy30

Fish
Silver Member
This it?>.......

Attachments

• 32E30CA9-F416-4F64-B014-B300F76BCAEF.jpeg
    32E30CA9-F416-4F64-B014-B300F76BCAEF.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 849

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
why
your not gonna buy one

you just obsess over it, like when you used to find every single one of my ads yr back to comment on about it

remember that? i do

Who is obsessing who?

Attachments

• 2A313879-F7BB-4DC9-92C9-5EEF28EBFF02.jpeg
    2A313879-F7BB-4DC9-92C9-5EEF28EBFF02.jpeg
    22.1 KB · Views: 753

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After watching now, cool white seems to be the reference and from the overhead camera there doesn't appear to be any filtering, which is good if you plan to diffuse yourself. Also, there is 7 lights, not 5 like I thought. So those lights are either really high up or smaller fixtures. Being LED, there is a lot of unused area in those fixtures, which makes you wonder why they didn't angle in more LED strips. It seems like they cheaped out on the design, which I guess is foreshadowed by the fact that they have to use _SEVEN_ fixtures.

Perhaps much of that lighting is for TV!

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Perhaps much of that lighting is for TV!

Notice the Blueish/Purple Hue in the picture?

Most cheaply made LED chip are far too blue.

Yes, the camera adjusts to look correct.

Yes, your eyes adjust the color to look correct, but at what cost to your nervous system.

Why do think Optometrists are offering “Blue Blocking” lenses?

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member

Yes, your eyes adjust the color to look correct, but at what cost to your nervous system.

Couldn't be the blue table and shirt, purple chairs and back drops and accents that have added to the hue could it? :confused:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Coz somebody will buy it and the margin is good?

Any benign consequence is secondary.

For real.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yep, although to be fair you should plan on diffusing yourself, but then to be fair again if you're going to pay that "Predator" tax, why didn't Predator go with better LEDs? I'm not sure, but I don't think those LED lights will make anyone happy, especially at home*. Seems like Predator is preying on that people aren't smart enough to slap together some aluminum extrusions and LED strips straight off of Aliexpress.

After watching 10 matches or so I'm continuously let down with these, I think my eyes either hurt from the video or I'm getting irritated from see it in the videos alone, maybe both (I really can't tell). Everyone is picky in their own way, but will these be for anyone?

* home units might be different right?... might.

RakRunr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just saw these at CSI Worlds. They had them in the Pro events area and at a demo booth, and I must say they are fantastic. A night and day (no pun intended) difference over standard lighting. I wish I had taken some pictures.