ESPN article on Dennis Orcollo

cajunfats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great Article

What a great article! Well written and entertaining. ESPN Magazine should be applauded for including Dennis Orcullo in a prestigious issue. Perhaps when the celebrity players issue comes out,they can include Joe Rogan,Paul Sorvino, and some of the other NYC/Hollywood Celeb Pool Players.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Thank you for posting the link to that great story. I guess I missed the part where he bought an aiming system. Most of the great players of old in America played for food and a place to sleep starting out in pool. Johnnyt

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can't wait to show this to Dennis tonight. They are all headed (Manny, Brandon and Dennis) to HOB in Santa Monica today and off to Vegas tomorrow.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Article sounded like it could of been written in the US in the 1930's.

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great read! thanks for the link! I too would have not seen this artivle if it were not for the OP sharing!

Tominator

Registered
Good article, except maybe the caption under Orcollo's photo:

"The line between a good player and a great one like Orcollo often comes down to the cue."

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Is Orcullo still playing with the Ted Harris cue described in that article?

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"The difference between a good player and a great player often comes down to the cue."

Really?

Edit: That line is stupid, but I finished reading the article and it was a good article I must admit.

Last edited: