Pool Table on Vinyl Laminate Floorting - Questions???

CallShotCowboy

AZB Rose Gold
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just put in some free floating vinyl flooring planks - Does anyone know if this type of flooring will hold a pool table? Would I need to put anything like a small base above the pool table to distribute the weight better? And would a 7ft, 8ft, or 9ft table be different for the flooring.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Over a short period of time (say 1 year) the vinyl will suffer no harm.
Over a couple of decades, the feet of the table will make an impression on the vinyl.

The depth of the depression will be proportionate to the weight of the table divided by the number of feet on the table. A 4 footed 7 foot table will have about the same weight per foot as a 6 footed 9 foot table.

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just had my diamond table installed on a vinyl laminate floor and I don't see any issues so far. The only thing I do notice is the table moves a little easier on the floor than I would like (it still takes a good effort though). I would put an anti slip material between the legs and the floor if I did it again. Something like the stuff you put on the shelves in tool boxs to keep stuff from sliding around.

Since my table has been leveled it has not moved at all, the padding is just an insurance policy.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm in the flooring business and we do only new home builders and commercial projects.
More and more new home builders are going to this type of flooring because it is almost indestructible.
It cuts down on the many,and I mean many complaints with engineered wood.
You made a wise choice.

banker123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
probably u will have to worry about the pool balls dropping on the vinyl flooring. it might cause dents on pool balls given the hardness of the vinyl flooring.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can always get 12x12 tile for under each leg. It’s what I did and it really helped the stability of the table on my hard wood floors. I have 100 plus year old hard wood floors so honestly I have no worry of damage lol you can drive truck across them but keeping it level can be an issue.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
probably u will have to worry about the pool balls dropping on the vinyl flooring. it might cause dents on pool balls given the hardness of the vinyl flooring.

Some of the better flooring is of the same design as what is used in a bowling alley.
Synthetic lanes have been around for years with no problems.