Any good one eyed pool players?

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Know of any pro or close to pro level players that are blind (or have greatly impaired vision) in one eye? I think Niels Feijen may have this problem, any others?

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Know of any pro or close to pro level players that are blind (or have greatly impaired vision) in one eye? I think Niels Feijen may have this problem, any others?

Pretty sure the great snooker play Joe Davis was blind in one eye.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Patch eye Henry lost one eye in his youth. He was a 300 ball straight player and great one pocket player. He died about 5 years ago, about age 85. He still played strong in his last few years.

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
Neils Feijen, for all practical purposes. he's 85% blind in one eye.

more generally, keen eyesight is greatly overrated and used as an excuse for bad play which has nothing to do with it. for example, Thorsten Hohmann sometimes plays tournaments without his contact lenses, and Mark Williams has won top snooker championships in recent years while closing his eyes on table-length shots; that's 12+ feet into pockets the size of bb's.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a player in Fresno that has won on the local west coast Mezz tour and other regional events.
He is legally blind and cannot even recognize pool balls through his damaged eye. He shoots one-eyed.
This fellow also plays a perpendicular table and plays his shots with an amazingly straight stroke too.

Mark Moser.....I’m looking forward to playing pool with him, Tommy Hill, TJ, & rest of the old gang again soon.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't see well on my left eye, Im not blind but had a surgery when I was 5 yr old to my left eye and since then it wasn't as good as my right.

Thats why the cue is under my right eye.

dogginda9

I need a vacation.
Silver Member
Sebastian Franco( Chino) played great on the bar table and has a pretty bad eye situation going on.

sgonzalez34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tommy Brown (RIP) was great. I saw him play at Mr. C’s in Miami a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joe Chamaco won the world 3 cushion championship, he had lost an eye in a car wreck and had to relearn how to play.

Steppo

That's my Bourbon
Silver Member
I remember back in the 80’s One Eyed Warren out in Cheyenne WY
played pretty sporty. He was a regular at Plush Cue Billiards.

rh1919

Registered
"One eyed Butch" Woller was around Charlotte in the late sixties, pretty sporty. His favorite saying "If I don't make this shot, I'll walk home nekkid in the rain". Got shot and killed by a guy named Spivey around that same time.

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No one's mentioned Kim Davenport? He came back playing really strong after losing his vision in one eye.