Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Incident at the pool room
Page 3 of 5 123 45

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
DelawareDogs
AzB <Platinum> Member
DelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-13-2020, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnboy77 View Post
Yes I do it often at home with a set of practice balls. It's just much more efficient than chasing down that CB after every practice shot. I would never do that with equipment that I don't own though.

My take on this infraction, it's very minor IMHO. If I'm the owner of the room and it's a daily use set of balls I would just ask him to do me a favor and clean the balls as I hand him the cleaning rag. When you compare this to many of the other real abuses going on in the typical room it's really not that big of a deal. Someone else stated it perfectly, "Don't sweat the small stuff".
I agree with his infraction being very minor.

When it became a shade over minor, is when he told the internet...... vaguely.... how he was 'disrespected'.

That affects the business, all because of something got a bad taste in his mouth when he got outed for freeloading, and dirtying up newly cleaned balls.

Old
  (#32)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2020, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelawareDogs View Post
I agree with his infraction being very minor.

When it became a shade over minor, is when he told the internet...... vaguely.... how he was 'disrespected'.

That affects the business, all because of something got a bad taste in his mouth when he got outed for freeloading, and dirtying up newly cleaned balls.
The problem is people like this are usually also the one's that leave the biggest mess in rest-room, tip bad or not at all, leave the tables dirty as hell, cause arguments/friction, etc. Rarely, if ever, are they missed if asked not to return.

Old
  (#33)
DelawareDogs
AzB <Platinum> Member
DelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond reputeDelawareDogs has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
The problem is people like this are usually also the one's that leave the biggest mess in rest-room, tip bad or not at all, leave the tables dirty as hell, cause arguments/friction, etc. Rarely, if ever, are they missed if asked not to return.
Yeah, I'd love to see the FB post.

Old
  (#34)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-13-2020, 10:38 AM

Quote:
... he told the internet...... vaguely.... how he was 'disrespected' ...
It's too bad the innerwebz doesn't provide a universal mechanism to mark reviewers as probable idiots or worse. I hope that people are starting to catch on that you shouldn't believe all of the reviews you read. I occasionally look at the negative reviews for places I really like. You see stuff like, "I didn't eat there but I'm sure their food is crap," along with a 1-star rating.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#35)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
01-13-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
It's too bad the innerwebz doesn't provide a universal mechanism to mark reviewers as probable idiots or worse. I hope that people are starting to catch on that you shouldn't believe all of the reviews you read. I occasionally look at the negative reviews for places I really like. You see stuff like, "I didn't eat there but I'm sure their food is crap," along with a 1-star rating.
Agreed about reviews being less relevant as we go thru time.

It's like the rep points here on Azb.

Old
  (#36)
hotelyorba
AzB Silver Member
hotelyorba has a reputation beyond reputehotelyorba has a reputation beyond reputehotelyorba has a reputation beyond reputehotelyorba has a reputation beyond reputehotelyorba has a reputation beyond reputehotelyorba has a reputation beyond reputehotelyorba has a reputation beyond reputehotelyorba has a reputation beyond reputehotelyorba has a reputation beyond reputehotelyorba has a reputation beyond reputehotelyorba has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2020, 10:45 AM

I would say something like "lame person going on social media to complain that he didn't get way with his freeloading attempt" but that would mean that I would go on this forum (also social medium) to complain about someone I don't know who did something I was no part of in a place 5000+ miles away.

I'm not retracting the 'lame person'-remark though.

Old
  (#37)
DelawareDogs
AzB <Platinum> Member

01-13-2020, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Agreed about reviews being less relevant as we go thru time.

It's like the rep points here on Azb.
Haha I agree what Bob said, some people should be marked as "sketchy reviewers" or something.

But Azb rep points??? Whoa!! You've crossed the line, sir

Old
  (#38)
briankenobi
AzB Silver Member
briankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2020, 11:43 AM

Thanks everyone for your opinions and those that may comment after this. I know that the guy felt and I know how the guys in the pool room felt but I had my own opinion as well and wanted to see an unbiased option from fellow pool people and you all did just that.

Playing Cue: McDermott G903, I3 Shaft, Navigator Black Super Soft tip for regular pool. I2 Shaft with Navigator Black soft tip for Artistic Pool
Break Cue: Stinger
Jump Cue: McDermott Big boy shaft with Jump Handle/ Marty Carey Jump Cue
Masse Cue: Too Tall Custom Cues Masse Cue

www.gospeltrickshot.org
http://www.mcdermottcue.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRC...yTfxDrlYmwMBOQ

Old
  (#39)
cardiac kid
Super Senior Member
cardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to cardiac kid  
01-13-2020, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
Iíve seen lots of people practice using object balls. I even do it often. Donít be mad at me
I was at Griff's recently. The stream table was not in use although the object balls were on the table. Several people knocked the balls around using other object balls. Even the manager jumped on. Guess they are all guilty of not respecting the equipment.

Lyn

Playing Cue - Sort of Straight
Break Cue - Broken
Jump Cue - Looks Great in my Case!
Wrap - None
Tip - Only When the Service AND Food are Good
Case - JB Cases 4 x 8 Custom Case. Joe Porper Vinyl 2 x 4 (Vegas). Joe Porper 2 x 4 Leather for storage (OK, it's empty)

Nicknames - Dead Money, Salamander, Tomato Can, Weekend Warrior, Short Stop, Banger, Ron Casanzio Wannabe, NIT and the recently added Lamb Slayer in no special order. Wow what a list!

Old
  (#40)
DelawareDogs
AzB <Platinum> Member

01-13-2020, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiac kid View Post
I was at Griff's recently. The stream table was not in use although the object balls were on the table. Several people knocked the balls around using other object balls. Even the manager jumped on. Guess they are all guilty of not respecting the equipment.

Lyn
Was there an event going on at Griff's that day?

Old
  (#41)
couldnthinkof01
AzB Silver Member
couldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2020, 12:26 PM

Was the cueball locked in the table?

I don't care for using the object balls
as a cueball.

I'm don't think the employee was wrong
in that situation. It probably could have
been handled better though. Maybe ask
the guy to use the cueball if he's going
to bang them around because you
just cleaned the balls.

If the guy is generally unlikable and
a regular, it sounds like that may have
played a factor here. People get sick
of your bullshit and courtesy can go
out the window.

If he a problem why not take it up
with the employee right then and there?

Old
  (#42)
cardiac kid
Super Senior Member
cardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2020, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Was there an event going on at Griff's that day?
Nope, just the usual characters. Chris. Archie, Ronnie, Nick, Gary, etc.

Break Cue - Broken
Wrap - None
Case - JB Cases 4 x 8 Custom Case. Joe Porper Vinyl 2 x 4 (Vegas). Joe Porper 2 x 4 Leather for storage (OK, it's empty)

Nicknames - Dead Money, Salamander, Tomato Can, Weekend Warrior, Short Stop, Banger, Ron Casanzio Wannabe, NIT and the recently added Lamb Slayer in no special order. Wow what a list!

Old
  (#43)
DelawareDogs
AzB <Platinum> Member

01-13-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiac kid View Post
Nope, just the usual characters. Chris. Archie, Ronnie, Nick, Gary, etc.
Ohhh, you mean people that pay for tables.

Got it

Old
  (#44)
cardiac kid
Super Senior Member

01-13-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Ohhh, you mean people that pay for tables.

Got it
Think your comment needs to be tempered by "usually" !

Break Cue - Broken
Wrap - None

Old
  (#45)
briankenobi
AzB Silver Member
briankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2020, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by couldnthinkof01 View Post
Was the cueball locked in the table?

I don't care for using the object balls
as a cueball.

I'm don't think the employee was wrong
in that situation. It probably could have
been handled better though. Maybe ask
the guy to use the cueball if he's going
to bang them around because you
just cleaned the balls.

If the guy is generally unlikable and
a regular, it sounds like that may have
played a factor here. People get sick
of your bullshit and courtesy can go
out the window.

If he a problem why not take it up
with the employee right then and there?
The cue ball doesn't lock in the table.

Playing Cue: McDermott G903, I3 Shaft, Navigator Black Super Soft tip for regular pool. I2 Shaft with Navigator Black soft tip for Artistic Pool
Break Cue: Stinger
Jump Cue: McDermott Big boy shaft with Jump Handle/ Marty Carey Jump Cue
Masse Cue: Too Tall Custom Cues Masse Cue

www.gospeltrickshot.org
http://www.mcdermottcue.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRC...yTfxDrlYmwMBOQ

Page 3 of 5 123 45

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: