Anyone recognize this tip, hard elkmaster ?

ron3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just bought a new schmelke Merry Widow with elk master, shot elkmaster for years always nice and soft with great ball control. This tip has several games played with it and it is harder then any elkmaster I have seen ,just curious if any of you guys might know what it is. Not a big deal but not what I was expecting.

Attachments

• CD31100B-CC14-4C51-8684-33800AC83F2B.jpg
    CD31100B-CC14-4C51-8684-33800AC83F2B.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 471
  • A6C3361F-DB78-4713-99F6-828C04FD7BEB.jpg
    A6C3361F-DB78-4713-99F6-828C04FD7BEB.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 475
  • E8D442E4-B11D-4CA9-8195-BDE18F27D7C7.jpg
    E8D442E4-B11D-4CA9-8195-BDE18F27D7C7.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
looks like a milk dud to me. I don't know if they differ from a regular elkmaster but I use milk duds and they tend to feel on the harder side but play better.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it's their standard "soft" tip offered I recently got a new cue with it on one of the shafts. I called David and he said it was similar to Elkmaster that they buy in bulk.
I called because after playing a while, and breaking, it played great and didn't mushroom at all, zero.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just bought a new schmelke Merry Widow with elk master, shot elkmaster for years always nice and soft with great ball control. This tip has several games played with it and it is harder then any elkmaster I have seen ,just curious if any of you guys might know what it is. Not a big deal but not what I was expecting.

Looks a lot like a Outsville Techno-dud.

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you didn't specify when ordering, it comes with their standard típ which is not an Elkmaster.

Last edited:

ron3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This cue was ordered from pooldawg and elkmaster is there default tip.according to everything I have read unless they changed recently.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got a Schmelke cue from Billiards warehouse.
I selected the standard shaft with an elkmaster tip.
Schmelke had to make the cue and I got a low deflection shaft called an 8 PTO pro with a soft ultra skin tip.
It was sent directly from the Schmelke factory.
It's a $30 up charge for this shaft but I got it free.
Here's the shaft

https://www.schmelkecue.com/pcr301radial.html

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
I just got a Schmelke cue from Billiards warehouse.
I selected the standard shaft with an elkmaster tip.
Schmelke had to make the cue and I got a low deflection shaft called an 8 PTO pro with a soft ultra skin tip.
It was sent directly from the Schmelke factory.
It's a $30 up charge for this shaft but I got it free.
Here's the shaft

https://www.schmelkecue.com/pcr301radial.html

lolololol :rotflmao1:

very proud of his new schmelke

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Schmelke soft tip is NOT an Elkmaster, it is 'similar',according to David. Unless they changed within the last month.

angluse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schmelke's 'milk dud' they put on standard is softer than other duds. To me, just a little harder than a plain Elkmaster. They don't advertise on their site, but they'll sell them to you, just call them.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Today seems to be the age of the Duds, but Blue diamonds are a great option too. Right out of the box.

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My last cue was a Schmelke and I ordered with Elkmaster...they are always so "stringy" when first shaping, but after some use they play wonderful.

Today seems to be the age of the Duds, but Blue diamonds are a great option too. Right out of the box.

The only cue with a Blue Diamond tip I have is my Snooker cue...it has been a great tip, but I don't think I've seen for sale in a 14mm. Any idea where?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tweeten makes a special version of the Elk called the ElkPro for Peradon in England. They come in s,m,h and are sold in three's. Expensive as hell(about 55bux/3 in US) but that's never stopped anybody before.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My last cue was a Schmelke and I ordered with Elkmaster...they are always so "stringy" when first shaping, but after some use they play wonderful.

The only cue with a Blue Diamond tip I have is my Snooker cue...it has been a great tip, but I don't think I've seen for sale in a 14mm. Any idea where?

They are available to Authorised Brunswick dealers. 13 and 14 mm.