★ world 9 ball championship ★ qatar★

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Well, its almost here. This is one event that I really enjoy watching. I guess it's the fact that I like watching players that I seldom ever see and there will be a lot of them, there in Qatar, competing for the world's most prestigious prize.

I also love the fact that Kozoom is live streaming the event and hopefully with multiple cameras and tables to choose from like last year.

My only regret is the limited pool commentary (if any) that I remember from last year. Does anyone know if there will be live commentary in English?

I think I would enjoy doing commentary in Qatar. I have always enjoyed myself in countries even when I don't speak their native language.

Somehow when visiting other countries I managed to get along just fine with everyone including the Chinese, Filipinos, Vietnamese, Mexicans and the Japanese. I doubt if it would be any different in Qatar. That's about the limit of my International travel.

SOME LINKS BELOW TO KEEP UP:

http://live.qbsf.qa/

https://www.facebook.com/wpaworld9ballchampionship

It is a very lengthy tournament event and would probably wear out even the most conditioned veteran commentators.

I would like to pick about 5 other commentators to sit with me at this event. We would have a blast. :D

Regardless, I will have a great time watching this event unfold. The first part of the event has 128 players attempting to fill 12 slots for this event. Talk about pressure..................

Have fun. Let me know in this thread, what you like about this event and who you are pulling for as the tournament progresses.

JoeyA

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember Ralf Souquet commentating on the finals between Ouscan and Feijen last year. Other than the finals I don't recall any commentators. Maybe you could commentate via Skype and we could all listen to you while we watch live.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, its almost here. This is one event that I really enjoy watching. * * * * Let me know in this thread, what you like about this event and who you are pulling for as the tournament progresses.

JoeyA

Hey, Joey. Good topic. I love this event mainly for Kazoom's quality stream.

I also enjoy the quiet ambiance of the tourney.
It's the same type of quiet I prefer when I play in my own tournaments.

Having commentators for this tournament would defeat the purpose in my view.

With the ability to change tables on the fly, it would be irritating to hear different voices
and styles every time I wanted to watch a different table.

Keep this tourney "as is" and just let me watch the action and move from table-to-table without any distractions.

JoeyA

Silver Member
I don't know why I don't remember much commentary from last year's event but it was probably because there wasn't a lot.

I've e-mailed Kozoom to inquire about the commentary planned for this year and will let you all know what they say.

I don't know a great deal about SKYPE but when I've used it in its simplest form, it was easy to use although it was only between me and one other person at a time. I know SKYPE also has video and I've used that as well.

Does SKYPE support broadcasting to lots of people simultaneously? If so, is there a cost to that?

Thanks,
JoeyA

I remember Ralf Souquet commentating on the finals between Ouscan and Feijen last year. Other than the finals I don't recall any commentators. Maybe you could commentate via Skype and we could all listen to you while we watch live.

JoeyA

Silver Member
You make some nice points about enjoying the matches without the commentary. Each to his own. I like the commentary because you can learn so much more listening to some of the commentators.

For those who don't like listening to commentary while enjoying the event, I imagine it is a simple as turning off your speakers.

Regardless, we can all agree that the multiple table features of Kozoom is AWESOME!

JoeyA

Hey, Joey. Good topic. I love this event mainly for Kazoom's quality stream.

I also enjoy the quiet ambiance of the tourney.
It's the same type of quiet I prefer when I play in my own tournaments.

Having commentators for this tournament would defeat the purpose in my view.

With the ability to change tables on the fly, it would be irritating to hear different voices
and styles every time I wanted to watch a different table.

Keep this tourney "as is" and just let me watch the action and move from table-to-table without any distractions.

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting idea about Skype... I think Google Hangouts would be better suited for group videoconference.

I don't know why I don't remember much commentary from last year's event but it was probably because there wasn't a lot.

I've e-mailed Kozoom to inquire about the commentary planned for this year and will let you all know what they say.

I don't know a great deal about SKYPE but when I've used it in its simplest form, it was easy to use although it was only between me and one other person at a time. I know SKYPE also has video and I've used that as well.

Does SKYPE support broadcasting to lots of people simultaneously? If so, is there a cost to that?

Thanks,

JoeyA

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking forward to this
Been following WC for number of years and one thing is for sure
The number of top players who can win this just keeps going up indicating how super competitive it is at the top
I would at least half of the 128 field have good chance of winning this.
I would not be surprised if a lesser known wins it this year. Last time that happened was 4 years ago when Yukio snapped it
:D

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
i'm predicting that this year's winner will come from the qualifiers.:)

gordml

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i'm predicting that this year's winner will come from the qualifiers.:)

The qualifiers start on Monday - does anyone know if Kozoom is streaming them or do they just start with the main draw on the 12th?

Last edited:

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
The qualifiers start on Monday - does anyone know if Kozoom is streaming them or do they just start with the main draw on the 12th?

based from last year's coverage, they also streamed the qualifying stage. :thumbup:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I think the Doha people should import JoeyA to commentate...
....he could bring some of that NOLA humidity and turn Qatar into an oasis.

JoeyA

Silver Member
I think the Doha people should import JoeyA to commentate...
....he could bring some of that NOLA humidity and turn Qatar into an oasis.

I am used to the heat and humidity for sure. :smile:
JoeyA

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Yes, Souquet did the finals along with Ted Lerner.

Also, Stephan Cohen and David Morris commentated the Feijen/Haya semifinal match.

My notes don't show any commentators on the other 13 matches I watched.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... For those who don't like listening to commentary while enjoying the event, I imagine it is a simple as turning off your speakers. ...

But it is much better to be able to hear the balls and the ambient sounds.

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
from WPA 9-Ball's FB page:
"Here is the updated current player list for the main draw, Stage 2 of the 2015 World 9-ball Championship."
1502217_505242836307942_3083452328270567457_o.jpg

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
from WPA 9-Ball's FB page:
"Here is the updated current player list for the main draw, Stage 2 of the 2015 World 9-ball Championship."
View attachment 395633

Thanks for the info

Just a fantabulous field. All the big guns are in. I cannot think of notable who is not here- maybe Efren, Buste, Chris Meiling
It is nice to see Yang back in WC. I mean he has not played WC for such a long time. Past his prime but I peg him as darkhorse and sentimental favorite to win
Also nice to see that Ko Ping Chung and Warren Kiamco did not go thru qualifiers unlike last year
Jeff Ignacio is missing but I am guessing he will be playing qualifiers :grin: