Pool Role Models

jcpoolgod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys there are tons of great pool players out there. Some are good people and some are just good players. ( i.e. Earl...someone who is excellent at the game but seems like a horrible person in every other aspect of life.)Who would you say in the pool world is the best role model outside of pool. I have heard of players gambling all the time, losing every last cent. Who has their stuff together the best??

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why would you say that Earl "seems like a horrible person in every other aspect of life"? That is a very irresponsible thing to say on a public forum and I challenge you to provide any facts that might back this up. While you may have seen him lose his cool during a match, that is a far cry from the defamation post you just made. WTF?

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you mean professionalism around the table and off, I'd Ralf Souquet certainly comes to mind, Jasmin Ouschan on the ladies side, Neils Feijen would be another.

jcpoolgod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ok my bad, I take that back about earl being a horrible person outside of pool. but i seen plenty of times when he was a horrible person inside of pool.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
All the above are good choices. I would only add Oscar Dominguez to the list. He gambles with class like a true sportsman and he is honorable in business and is a good family man as well. Hard to top that.
Bobby Hunter was another old school guy who was always classy in how he handled himself both on and off the table. Two others in the Pool world worth a mention are Pat Fleming and Mark Wilson, both who garner nothing but respect wherever they go.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Niels Feien.......never heard a bad word about him.

IMG_3351.JPG

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys there are tons of great pool players out there. Some are good people and some are just good players. ( i.e. Earl...someone who is excellent at the game but seems like a horrible person in every other aspect of life.)Who would you say in the pool world is the best role model outside of pool. I have heard of players gambling all the time, losing every last cent. Who has their stuff together the best??

For the record, I've hung out with Earl a few times, and taken some lessons. He's a pretty nice guy in those situations. He always says a friendly hello to me, asks how my game is doing, tells me interesting pool things. I'm not defending all of his actions in pool matches, but he's a good guy off the table. He's also an excellent teacher. I advise against judging someone you have not spent any time with personally. I mean, maybe you have and your experience differs than mine. But if you haven't, you're really saying some crappy things that you don't have enough info to say.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Mikkes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I´ll go with 9ballhasbeen. Ralf Souquet and Niels Feijen ar two excelent examples of true role models.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

................be yourself

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why would you say that Earl "seems like a horrible person in every other aspect of life"? That is a very irresponsible thing to say on a public forum and I challenge you to provide any facts that might back this up. While you may have seen him lose his cool during a match, that is a far cry from the defamation post you just made. WTF?
Yeah, i agree. Ever met Earl? Off-table he is really easy to be around. This whole thread is kinda ridiculous to me. To look towards ANY sport for role models is a no-win situation.