Who builds the best 6 point cue?

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob Owen.

The first cue Bob made for me is a 6 pointer.
In fact, it’s the only six points cue I still have.

Matt B.

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go to Facebook, contact Gary Medlin, Gem Cues.

He has been building great cues since the 1980's. He will build you a great cue at a reasonable price.

You do not have to pay top dollar to get a great playing beautiful cue.

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't have first hand knowledge, but have heard from knowledgable people that Black Boar 6 pointers were the best.

I just got a McWorter 6 pointer, albeit 3 high 3 low, and it not only is flawless workmanship, but plays / hits beautifully. I would also think that, pound for pound, an Olney would be best value

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob Owen.

The first cue Bob made for me is a 6 pointer.
In fact, it’s the only six points cue I still have.

Matt B.

I agree with this Bob's cues look very nice. Haven't played with one but I'm planning on ordering one.

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What cuemaker would you recommend to build a six pointer? Prefer 6 even points.

I have a few new Cousins Cues that are beautiful players that have never hit a ball and been in storage for 20+ years. You can google Cousins Cues to get the story. They are priced right and great players.

Let me know if you want pics and info.

cuesportsjournal@gmail.com

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
The cue maker in the Philippines
Jd cues
He'll make you a cue nice as any american maker and half the price

He made me a killer 16 point recut cue with snakewood and abalone
The one cue i most regret i had to sell
Cost less than 750 new

Last edited:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My experience with some of the cues mentioned here: My Mike Capone six pointer was a great playing cue with great construction. Same with a Gilbert that I owned. Nitti has come a long way over the years. I had a JD cue from Philippines - he is from Makati City- Manilla- Great value for the $$, but I honestly do not see that cue up to the standards of the other 3 that I mentioned. There is just something missing- IMO- between the best Philippine cue makers and the best U.S. cue makers.