What model of Meucci is this and what is it’s value

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I seen this Meucci on The Open Billiards market and I have seen one like this before. Does anyone know the model and what it is worth. Thanks

Attachments

• B9BAFA6B-1882-47DC-B05B-4FB219D6E05D.jpg
    B9BAFA6B-1882-47DC-B05B-4FB219D6E05D.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 412
  • AE0CD9D8-7929-4D42-8A7C-267CD81D4FDA.jpg
    AE0CD9D8-7929-4D42-8A7C-267CD81D4FDA.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 417
  • 5F318DA1-9F11-424B-8ACA-95AEA6EA3437.jpg
    5F318DA1-9F11-424B-8ACA-95AEA6EA3437.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 412

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Chris Lawson responded on the Meucci Facebook page when asked saying it was a 6 cue run 3 in meucci pin and 3 in 3/8x10 pin. Was made one year for the apa and one other trade show and they didn't sell well, so no others were made other than the 6. He said original retail was $880. I kind of like the design as it's really old school but I have my eye on one other particular Meucci I really want.

Here is Chris' exact response: This was one of 6 cues made three with a 3/8/10 and 3 with a 5/16/18. They had a retail price of $880 and we made them for 2015 Meucci factory booths at BCAPL APA tournaments. They didn’t sell well and so we have never put them into production. It’s one of my personal favorites.

Last edited:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cue is worth what someone is willing to pay for it as the highest bidder in any current market - that is the true market value of a cue. I would say there are a few ways to find that value- one would be to offer it up for sale here with a starting point somewhere below where it originally retailed since it did not sell well at retail according to the above response. So if it were me, I would start with an asking price in the $500 to $600 range and see what offers you get on this- one other option is to throw it out on eBay on a 10 day AUCTION with a starting bid of, say, $400 and see where it goes- a bit of a risk- but the final auction price should reflect true existing market value- however the eBay and pay pal fees are steep- up to 14% of sale price. Be smart and don't listen to those who want you to ask too high a price for the cue, just because they are cue sellers and want to keep cue prices high on this site, and don't listen to those who want you to sell it too low- so they can buy it and resell it at a profit. Look for true MARKET value- what something actually sells for in a reasonable timeframe- and 10 days is a reasonable time frame if a cue is priced to sell AT market value.

Last edited:

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
The cue is worth what someone is willing to pay for it as the highest bidder in any current market - that is the true market value of a cue. I would say there are a few ways to find that value- one would be to offer it up for sale here with a starting point somewhere below where it originally retailed since it did not sell well at retail according to the above response. So if it were me, I would start with an asking price in the $500 to $600 range and see what offers you get on this- one other option is to throw it out on eBay on a 10 day AUCTION with a starting bid of, say, $400 and see where it goes- a bit of a risk- but the final auction price should reflect true existing market value- however the eBay and pay pal fees are steep- up to 14% of sale price. Be smart and don't listen to those who want you to ask too high a price for the cue, just because they are cue sellers and want to keep cue prices high on this site, and don't listen to those who want you to sell it too low- so they can buy it and resell it at a profit. Look for true MARKET value- what something actually sells for in a reasonable timeframe- and 10 days is a reasonable time frame if a cue is priced to sell AT market value.

I believe the seller has it listed for $900

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Them dots and dash work aren't inline, I never understand that, looks funky as heck to me.

It's a production cue....There is no time for that sort of accuracy, and even if there was, nobody would pay what it costs. Try finding a custom this intricate...At least 1500-2000$. You could probably get better value as far as quality construction is concerned with Mezz or Schon, but still generally more expensively, and Schön has rounded points.

Not really defending Meucci, I've had a cue from them fall apart, as has several others I know. They look really fancy, but can't stand up to close scrutiny and often no hard use, either.

Last edited:

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the Look of it But No , 900 is way over the top on this one , I always have a soft spot for Meucci as that is what I played with growing up and they were poplar in our area. But that is insane, 400 area would be about right I would say.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a production cue....There is no time for that sort of accuracy, and even if there was, nobody would pay what it costs. Try finding a custom this intricate...At least 1500-2000$. You could probably get better value as far as quality construction is concerned with Mezz or Schon, but still generally more expensively, and Schön has rounded points.

Not really defending Meucci, I've had a cue from them fall apart, as has several others I know. They look really fancy, but can't stand up to close scrutiny and often no hard use, either.

I feel you, and everyone says that, still bothers me though.
Like why not just put a solid maple band instead of the dashes, then it wouldn't matter.

Are the dashes fancier, sure, do they look better when they don't line up with other inlanys, not even close in my eyes. Replace those dashes with a soild red band and this cue would have been so much better.

I just think it's poor design, pre-planning.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the look of the Cue, the seller asks a price they want, when the sale is made, it the selling price.

That's it! The selling price is true market value! it is up to the seller, based on offers, to be willing to accept whatever price they decide for themselves as a lower limit. So far inlays NOT lining up perfectly with points, dash rings, inlays in points not lining up with inlays in butt sleeve, , etc.- I have a few $2000 customs, bought second hand, where the stuff does not line up right either; and these are from well respected cue makers! I have learned the ONLY way to get a "perfect" cue is to inspect it fully IN PERSON prior to purchase or order from a custom maker and insist upon final inspection PRIOR to final payment!

Last edited: